Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
I think Niagara is now considered a good destination for players, with all the good young prospects. For Virgilio its much closer to home. I think it was a little too much to pay, but helps fill a hole for sure

Reactions: three dog night

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
From what I recall leading up to this past years trade deadline they were pretty high on him.

Probably asked for a trade to get more ice time. Guy is still young and as an 06 he fits the timeline you guys have with roobroeck assuming he makes jump to pros in his draft year of 2026

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
From what I recall leading up to this past years trade deadline they were pretty high on him.

Probably asked for a trade to get more ice time. Guy is still young and as an 06 he fits the timeline you guys have with roobroeck assuming he makes jump to pros in his draft year of 2026
he did ask for a trade last year. ill say hes decent but the hype was never fair, he was never that good and calling him a stud ohl defender or a top 5 pick was not in line with his actual skill. i hope he gets a fresh start without the pressure.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
he did ask for a trade last year. ill say hes decent but the hype was never fair, he was never that good and calling him a stud ohl defender or a top 5 pick was not in line with his actual skill. i hope he gets a fresh start without the pressure.
I assume it's an upgrade though on a weak Niagara D?

Reactions: dirty12

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I assume it's an upgrade though on a weak Niagara D?
oh i would think so, hes better then alot of what was there last year, keeps frasca who is over rated in jr b for a year. hes got to be better then half the guys there. just not the stud that the soo guys said he was is all.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Virgilio is probably not going to step into first line minutes, but he is capable on the second pair. He was probably the best hitter on our team. Likes to step up when he has an opportunity. I don't think he ever blew anybody up with a hit, but he has stopped multiple players in their tracks with a well timed big hit. He is never going to run pp1 for you, but he has decent edgework and can get the puck moving the other way with a good pass. Decision making at times was frustrating, but it should continue to improve. All in all, he was good defensively and ok offensively for us. Wish him well!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad