Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov - Protecting Our Investment

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Which were his other good playoff performances ... I don't remember any, and the numbers are pedestrian?
I recall that he was notably better in the playoffs when he was in Colorado. Not that he's expected to contribute much offensively, but his last season in Colorado, he had 3 goals 5 points in the playoffs.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
You had me until the end. I would love to keep him as a #5, for about 4x4. It would have been great to get him on his last contract and he's a player I wanted since draft day. Not too interested in giving him a pricey retirement deal though. I bet it would come back to bite us.

Yeah...for sure. I don't mean overpaying him. But if he were to get like a low end #4 money, I don't think I would be too bothered by it.

Reactions: Nick Lang

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Reports of the Canucks and Zadorov getting close on a deal, were denied by his agent this morning. But I guess where there's smoke, there's fire.

I suppose it's a good sign that the parties are still talking contract. Seems though, that among all the Canuck UFA's, he might have jumped to the head of the list as a priority.

Reactions: Bgav

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
No way. If the Canucks let him walk it will be a long held regret. Mark my words.
It isn't just the player it is how he meshed with others. Chemistry. Sometimes that never develops.
He isn't Chara or Byfuglien but he isn't Krug either.
He has presence on the ice and no small skill set too.

Still the team has the cap space to re-sign Hronek to around 7.5 , Myers around 3 and Zadorov around 5.5. That's 16 of the 23 million they have now.
That leaves 7 for the other 3 players. 9 mil if LTIR is used

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Big Z adds a lot to Vancouver as we’re not amongst the biggest and strongest teams in the league and rely more on skill & finesse, however in the playoffs when players are playing extremely hard and adding a little mustard to the end of their checks (plus the slew footing, spearing, slashing, cross checking etc.) a player like Z makes a profound difference. Should be a priority to resign.

The chemistry in the locker room, meshing well with the team, funny positive personality is an added bonus.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad