Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Cover1 said Coleman might be the best blocking WR in the draft. He likes to do it too - even when the run isn't to his side he'll pancake guys.
I would argue that Polk is the top blocking WR in this class - but Coleman is certainly above average. It also goes back to the point that - aside from Samuel - they seem to be solely targeting bigger bodied players.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Nice. Having Coleman + MVS on the outside with Kincaid and Knox on the field is going to be a PITA for teams to deal with when we run the rock. Hopefully, the interior of the O line can bully teams. If that happens, then watch out. The potential with this offense is scary with Brady at the helm (assuming he continues progressing). I really like the blend of our WR core.

It will be interesting. I really don't think teams are equipped to deal with that style of offense anymore. Figure in Josh Allen's arm, and opposing coordinators could be faced with a real problem.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I completely forgot about Hollins. Given his ST capabilities, I'd move him into "lock" status alongside Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and MVS.

Claypool/Shorter/Hamler/Isabella all seem to be competing for that 6th and probably final WR spot.
I think Shavers is in that competition as well. I don't expect him to win it, but I do expect he'll get a pretty solid look at that spot along with Claypool/Shorter/Hamler/Isabella.

Reactions: buffa dud

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Before the criticism of what I am going to write below, let it be known that I expect many of these slots to already be filled and ultimately just want the best group of receivers to help us win a Super Bowl.

That being said, for the present and future I think there are merits to wanting the following results:

Shorter to beat out Hollins for that big, blocking WR and special teams ace role. He could have a much higher ceiling at his age that Hollins has likely maximized his ability.

Claypool to beat out MVS for that tall, speedy deep threat role. MVS’s age and drop history could be replaced with a young, former early round draft pick with loads of untapped potential.

Hamler makes the team in the role we hoped Isabella would have been able to excel in last year as super fast slot and return ace. I re-watched some film from Hamler in Denver and Penn State and man would it be amazing for him to get back to that potential for the Bills. He can play inside and outside with skill, speed and tenacity.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Before the criticism of what I am going to write below, let it be known that I expect many of these slots to already be filled and ultimately just want the best group of receivers to help us win a Super Bowl.

That being said, for the present and future I think there are merits to wanting the following results:

Shorter to beat out Hollins for that big, blocking WR and special teams ace role. He could have a much higher ceiling at his age that Hollins has likely maximized his ability.

Claypool to beat out MVS for that tall, speedy deep threat role. MVS’s age and drop history could be replaced with a young, former early round draft pick with loads of untapped potential.

Hamler makes the team in the role we hoped Isabella would have been able to excel in last year as super fast slot and return ace. I re-watched some film from Hamler in Denver and Penn State and man would it be amazing for him to get back to that potential for the Bills. He can play inside and outside with skill, speed and tenacity.
well I don't think there's a chance in hell those first 2 things happen. Hollins is a dog who was targeted for that role, you don't lose Davis/Sherf as your top blocking WR's and replace them with a complete unknown who hasn't sniffed game action. I think you can stash Shorter if he doesn't make the team, every team has multiple Shorters sitting around, none of us have a clue to what he even is really.

add in another big question mark in Claypool...I guess he could impress and actually make the team, but I don't think MVS is in any danger really.

Just seems like a couple of REALLY big leaps of faith.

Hamler is intriguing, I'll give him that, but could be another PS stash potentially.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I think that McDermott may carry 7 receivers. Samuel and Shakir will be the starters, with Coleman working in significantly, especially if Brady goes with more 11 personnel.

MVS will be the deep threat and may break into that top 3.

Hollins will be a special teamer and can block.

Shorter can contribute on special teams while he waits his turn.

That's the six receivers I think make the roster.

If Claypool figures it out, I think he starts out as a red zone threat and eventually works in.

Overall, it's going to be receiver by committee. I'm all for that approach.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad