Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
If we can get him over sooner than expected, do it. Preserving ELCs year is secondary to actually having him at all.

Who knows how circumstances might change in Russia. Secure him while we have the chance.

Reactions: BillDineen

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH

Of course its a third party. I don't know why this is such a hard idea to get through to people esp given the Fedotov situation last year. The Flyers/NHL can NOT appear to have any part of Michkov getting out of the KHL. It has to look like Michkov is driving the process through the third party.

I said this after he was drafted, the contract is not the be all end all, there have been examples in the past of KHL players buying out of their contracts or KHL players being loaned to the NHL team.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
If we can get him over sooner than expected, do it. Preserving ELCs year is secondary to actually having him at all.

Who knows how circumstances might change in Russia. Secure him while we have the chance.
Agree. I do not think his second contract will be that paralyzing, as Tortorella will never let him excel to that point

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
honestly, the timeline isn't right for him to come over yet...which totally means he will and the three-headed monster will do nothing more to surround him with better talent

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I mean obviously its a win to get him out of Russia if it happens this year. Concern is around getting the creativity coached out of him and being detrimental to his development.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Sure, he could. But there is a log list of very talented players that have struggled to put up good point totals under Torts. I see no reason why this wouldn't in turn effect MM.
If they fire Torts we all know who they will replace him with. The same type of coaches we have had for a couple of decades plus thanks to the senile advisors. Except for Lavy and even he could not adjust once teams figured out what he was doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: