Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Saginaw stuck to whatever the game plan was in their most important game they played this year. As host their mission was to do their base proud and put on a great tournament. By comments from those attending they accomplished both. The Mem Cup is one of the most difficult trophies to win in all sports. They have their names emblazoned on that trophy for eternity.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
Congratulations to the Spirit and their fans. They played a great game and deserved the win. The Knights made it interesting but last night the best team won.
Enjoy this moment.

Reactions: OHL 17

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..you have come a long way from the first two years.......you have fans here in North Bay......Bloomer...Alex.....Nic....makes us claim a tiny bit of your victory.....Joe Diebold.....hi...you got it bud........Bruce Dix

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
..you have come a long way from the first two years.......you have fans here in North Bay......Bloomer...Alex.....Nic....makes us claim a tiny bit of your victory.....Joe Diebold.....hi...you got it bud........Bruce Dix
Steve is still one of my favorite players ever to wear the Spirit sweater...hope he's doing well!

Reactions: yacky

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Take care of the Memorial Cup in Michigan.
You deserve to be keepers of a very important hockey trophy in Canada. That cup has a lot of meaning to Canadians.
I hope that we did the league and all of Canada proud with our hosting this year...we all understood what this means and the significance of hosting on American/Michigan soil and we 100% appreciated the responsibility given to us by the Canadian Hockey League. I'm sure it's not easy for Canadians to see the tournament hosted and trophy hoisted by an American team but I assure you, we treasured the opportunity and will forever be grateful for the experience that we all had over the past two weeks. It was truly a celebration of hockey in Saginaw and we will keep that cup and give it the reverence and respect that it absolutely deserves.

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Great accomplishment Saginaw, beating London is no easy task. From what I'm reading and hearing you hosted a great cup week - well done.

Big congrats to the Sault boys on the team, Calem and Linc and as well the rest of the players/coaches/staff and ownership group.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Congrats Saggy fans. Minus the fact I'm still salty the soo missed out on hosting rights of course... :naughty:

But everybody I've heard from says it was well organized and out of town fans were treated great by the locals! Enjoy the victory and I hope it helps to propel OHL hockey in the region to brand new heights.

Reactions: dirty12

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Amazing tournament. It takes a lot of staff and volunteers to pull off an event like that, and even the small things, don’t go unnoticed. Simple things like last night, the concessions line was running flawlessly, they were killing it.

Congrats to Saginaw on a Memorial Cup win. I do see it different from a league championship as well, as even Drummondville deserves credit for their efforts despite not having the tournament they wanted.

But at the end of the day, Saginaw prevailed when it mattered most.

Anytime I hear “the host doesn’t belong in the tournament”, all I think is, if they don’t belong there, simple, beat them and knock them out.

Saginaw proved they were worthy hosts and an incredible team. Despite it being close, Saginaw dominated 40 minutes of that game, with a good 15 minutes of back and forth, and 5 minutes of London capitalizing on the few chances they had, like they do. Should also note, Saginaws high percentage in the face offs, which I haven’t heard mentioned, was a huge part to their time possession and victory. Very well played. Very well deserved. Enjoy the moment!

Let’s Go Spirit! Way to make Michigan proud!

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS Saginaw and Spirit Fans.

You have a memory that will live forever and will never be able to be taken away from you.

When you have great ownership who care so much about the community with people such as Dick Garber and Craig Goslin good things will and do happen.

You put on a great Memorial Cup, one that will be remembered for years and ended with .......

Memorial Cup Champions 2024 ...... YOUR Saginaw Spirit.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
I hope that we did the league and all of Canada proud with our hosting this year...we all understood what this means and the significance of hosting on American/Michigan soil and we 100% appreciated the responsibility given to us by the Canadian Hockey League. I'm sure it's not easy for Canadians to see the tournament hosted and trophy hoisted by an American team but I assure you, we treasured the opportunity and will forever be grateful for the experience that we all had over the past two weeks. It was truly a celebration of hockey in Saginaw and we will keep that cup and give it the reverence and respect that it absolutely deserves.
I’ve been to Saginaw quite a few times and have witnessed firsthand that this is a hockey community. For me it’s not an American thing, you are apart of the CHL and as deserving as anyone to call yourself
Memorial Cup Champions!

ijaferd

Jun 3, 2024
I have tears in my eyes posting this but at the 30second mark you'll see his parents and I can say with complete confidence that disco stu had something to do with that puck crossing the line with 20seconds to go.

I never met STU, but I guarantee he was there. As I walked into the security checkpoint a guy in front of me had on a #52 Disco Stu jersey on. Brought a smile having read his posts and didn't even think about it until I saw the post last night. Should have asked who it was, family I assume.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
97D03916-EC5F-4C3F-B359-D98840B1B427.jpeg

Attachments

• AD98653F-9D63-4A51-9AE1-675765B7EF7E.jpeg
    AD98653F-9D63-4A51-9AE1-675765B7EF7E.jpeg
    341.7 KB · Views: 3
  • A692AE94-4DC9-47EA-B826-62D3A2DDD34D.jpeg
    A692AE94-4DC9-47EA-B826-62D3A2DDD34D.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Finster8

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I never met STU, but I guarantee he was there. As I walked into the security checkpoint a guy in front of me had on a #52 Disco Stu jersey on. Brought a smile having read his posts and didn't even think about it until I saw the post last night. Should have asked who it was, family I assume.
That was his dad

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Great victory…..Great crowds…..The Civic Center never looked better! Saginaw and Mid-Michigan should be very proud!

Reactions: howler2

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
One last kick at the can. Sold out and a budding rivalry with our biggest game in franchise history. Win or lose l am proud of how from the GM, HC, Players and Fans have put Saginaw on the CHL map.
60 minutes of hockey to determine who raises the Cup

What a game! When London scored to make it 3-1 I’m thinking here we go and then 3-3 well WTF again. We have outplayed them yet it’s tied. Kudos to Simpson best Goalie this year. Then Bloom gets the winning goal, poetic. DD looking to improve his club for the PO’s gets Josh Bloom for nothing but a handshake.

Last edited:
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad