Sarnia Sting 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Sarnia to host the world U17 tournament in November. 2nd time we are hosting it. Was some great hockey last time.
Seems like a pretty safe bet Di Iorio will be there for Canada. It will be really interesting to see if Beckham Edwards is on the roster. If he is, it would a huge opportunity for the Sting to show him why this such a great place to play

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Sorry boys, not enough hotels in town to host something like that. Lots of quality stuff going on here outside of the game broadcast. You ought to come to a game & have a look
if Rimouski ... a town of 45k can host it so can we.... there are plenty of hotels.

A lot of people coming from out of town bought the full week package. Some people skipped so games. I know a few people that are knights fans that did that. Went to see Moose Jaw and London lastnight, mostly full but it was a fun game. Moose Jaw has a ridiculous amount of fans there.
lol one day we'll get there.

Reactions: Jason M

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
if Rimouski ... a town of 45k can host it so can we.... there are plenty of hotels.

lol one day we'll get there.
The yr Sarnia wins (so never) it'll be in the farthest possible spot from us haha. Can guarantee that.

Would still do everything possible to attend. Just give us an OHL championship first please 😭😭

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
What reasons would the Sarnia Sting not be a destination for potential ohl players being drafted into the league. I keep reading other team threads that player a or player b said no to sarnia. Also heard something about Seca being hard to work with and arrogant. Anyone in the know care to share details?
sorry just seeing this now...what players specifically said no to only Sarnia?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
sorry just seeing this now...what players specifically said no to only Sarnia?
Fitzgerald apparently was Sarnia's 1st choice & he said no. Commited to USHL then after going to PBO (his hometown team) he signed with them.

Wassilyn is another but apparently that went farther back & wasn't just a Sarnia thing. His agent & Niagara are tight. Many of their top picks are his clients.

Valentini told everyone no (outside LDN I'd imagine).

Fitzgerald is the main one though. For whatever reason he or his family didn't wanna come. Is what it is. I prefer Di Iorio anyways haha.

Reactions: Jason M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad