Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
if the NBA is rigged...what match-up do they want in the finals for the most viewership?

i mean I could see wanting Boston-Knicks in the ECF..and Minny-OKC would be a good WCF(though not sure it would have great viewership)
Oh God Nuggets out of the West is a given. Silver probably doesn't care if it's the Celtics or Knicks, but either one of those is the hope I'm sure.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You guys are silly.

The NBA wanted the Raps to win vs Philly? Or vs Giannis?

You guys had 2 of the most "shoot to draw fouls" guys in Harden and Embiid tge last few years and now have a top complaining coach....lol.

And even this year's playoffs, Knicks are 5th in FT attempts per game, Philly is 4th.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Embiid is the most difficult 1v1 cover in the league. Brunson is a 6 foot and change average athlete. Equating them as foul drawers is absurd.
Embiid forces fouls. Brunson draws them. One is a beast, and one is a p***y.

On a similar note, it makes no f***ing sense to me that no one complains about Giannis getting all his free throws, but they complain about Embiid

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Guys, guys… put some respect on Embiid’s name. Our dude can draw fouls with the best of them.

Last edited:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
had to turn it off..between the Wolves playing badly and the refs calling every little thing on them..its not a good night

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Crazy that Atl won the lottery from the 10 spot.
The #9 team also won and moved up to #3 (Houston) with the Nets 1st from the James Harden trade.

So the Nets have ended up trading away 3 different top-3 picks in the last 10 drafts.

Billy King traded away a bunch of 1sts/swaps for 36 year old Paul Pierce and 37 year old Kevin Garnett who helped the Nets win 1 playoff round. Those picks ended up giving Boston a #3 overall and #1 overall pick. Plus a #8 that was traded the prior year to Cleveland to get Kyrie.

Now the James Harden trade has resulted in one of those Nets picks turning into a top 3 pick for the team who got it.

(honorable mention that Billy King also traded away a future 1st the year before the Garnett/Pierce trade for a 30 year old broken down Gerald Wallace who played 1 season for the Nets with like 7 pts, 4 rebs a game) That future 1st? Turned into the #6 pick in the draft for Portland who took Damian Lillard.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes