Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Even though George hasn't really been the problem - personally, I would start Annunen next game. I mean, what have you got to lose ? If you start Game #5 on the road the same way you started Game #4 at home, you're going to lose again anyhow.

They got some tough news yesterday but they had the whole day to get their heads wrapped around it and just say 'oh well, it's adversity but we'll battle through it'. There was none of that - there was A TON of 'let's feel sorry for ourselves and play like shit until they score' and leave Georgiev out to dry.

Then when the score is 3-0 then we'll start trying a little harder - WTF is this ?? Bednar has GOT to AT LEAST TRY to change it up and get the players going. That means 27-29-62 and for cryin' out loud put rantanen with Mitts. He hasn't even entertained the thought of doing that even for a full period even though MacKinnon and Rantanen aren't clicking at all right now. Plays are dying on each other's sticks and it's obvious TO EVERYONE.

The Avs are making this playoff series extremely easy for dallas. I guess that's what a headshot to one of your opponent's best players buys you... as long as you're a certain someone that ALWAYS gets away with it. I 'joked' FOR YEARS that all of the refs of the NHL were annually invited to jamie benn's summer BBQ special with all the drugs and hookers they can handle and that's why he gets such preferential treatment....nothing in this playoffs is disproving otherwise. f***ing disgraceful.

I noticed that the dallas stars 'playoff catch-phrase' is "We Deserve It" - as long as IT = soulcrushing defeat then I agree because you certainly don't deserve to win and that starts with your piece of shit captain.
As much as we rip on George, he has come to play these playoffs outside of one game. You can't just give Annunen a random start.

The Avs are cooked, anyways. MacKinnon sounds defeated after looking defeated for three games. The ultra competitive guy we have grown to love is nowhere to be found. He is back to the sulking version most of us despised for years.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado

The Avs are good enough to win it all if they just get out of their own way. The last two games especially they've been tripping over themselves. That opening goal last night was an example of something basically never happens, but it did last night. Makar f***ing around and then gets impeded back to the net and its a goal. It's been a series of minor and major brainfarts ending up in calamity all series.

I'd love to see what this team could do with a lead, and I hope we see that tomorrow.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
As much as we rip on George, he has come to play these playoffs outside of one game. You can't just give Annunen a random start.

The Avs are cooked, anyways. MacKinnon sounds defeated after looking defeated for three games. The ultra competitive guy we have grown to love is nowhere to be found. He is back to the sulking version most of us despised for years.
I think you can and you should... just to see how the team responds. Hell...maybe we'd even do something as f***ing crazy as .....
SCORE THE FIRST f***ING GOAL IN THE GAME ?!!!!?!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think you can and you should... just to see how the team responds. Hell...maybe we'd even do something as f***ing crazy as .....
SCORE THE FIRST f***ING GOAL IN THE GAME ?!!!!?!
It won't work. If anything that'll have them playing even more scared than they already are.

They just need to play this out. Either they get it done or they won't. There is no adjustment to be made at this point.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It won't work. If anything that'll have them playing even more scared than they already are.

They just need to play this out. Either they get it done or they won't. There is no adjustment to be made at this point.
At this point just hit Benn as hard as possible any time he has the puck.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Yea this series is cooked. My favorite Avalanche coffee cup mysteriously fell over the counter and shattered jusy now. What a omnious sign.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Avs are good enough to win it all if they just get out of their own way. The last two games especially they've been tripping over themselves. That opening goal last night was an example of something basically never happens, but it did last night. Makar f***ing around and then gets impeded back to the net and its a goal. It's been a series of minor and major brainfarts ending up in calamity all series.

I'd love to see what this team could do with a lead, and I hope we see that tomorrow.

Technically yes, they have the talent to get the job done. BUT...I feel like they have to play a near-perfect game to get it done. I just don't see that happening with this group.

Right now with Nuke out they don't have a guy who can park himself in front of the net to screen the goalie and score the ugly goals. Parise in his prime could do that but that's not the version currently suited up for Colorado.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Technically yes, they have the talent to get the job done. BUT...I feel like they have to play a near-perfect game to get it done. I just don't see that happening with this group.

Right now with Nuke out they don't have a guy who can park himself in front of the net to screen the goalie and score the ugly goals. Parise in his prime could do that but that's not the version currently suited up for Colorado.
I agree, unfortunately. But I want to see them f***ing try in game 5. None of whatever that was last night and in game 3.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
you guys don't realistically think this is still a winnable series - right?
this was over before puck drop yesterday.

Reactions: missionAvs

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree, unfortunately. But I want to see them f***ing try in game 5. None of whatever that was last night and in game 3.

Gonna be very, very hard to do with so many guys simply not playing up to snuff. Makar, MacKinnon, Rantanen, etc. are just not playing well. And Walker was by all accounts their worst player, he was on the ice for at least two goals against last night, one was directly the result of him AND Makar losing a puck battle in the corner.

I just don't see it happening. Too many passengers. Georgiev will have to play Vezina-on-steroids level for them to have a chance.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Realistic? Probably not.

Impossible? No. Anything could happen to tilt the ice back in our favor. It probably won't, though.
Hintz didn't play the last two periods. If I wasn't as lazy as Rantanen, I guess I could also check to see if Tanev returned after that Colton hit late on the third. We'll see who's in the lineup for the Stars in Game 5, but it's possible they'll be down a key player or two as well.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
At this point just hit Benn as hard as possible any time he has the puck.
That doesn't do anything. Plus, they play even better when he's out of the lineup like in last year's playoffs.

You gotta hit #4 hard and often and Tanev as well. Colton's hit last night was the only thing he's done all series but was a step in the right direction.

It's so weird. We acquired these guys to be hard to play against and it's almost as if they feel like they need to be skill guys on this team... or they just aren't being coached right. WTF...

Colton
Wood
Trenin
Duhaime

We should be annihilating their D and instead most of the time, we're barely engaging physically. To me, that's a coaching issue. These guys are scared to take penalties or something...

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Hintz didn't play the last two periods. If I wasn't as lazy as Rantanen, I guess I could also check to see if Tanev returned after that Colton hit late on the third. We'll see who's in the lineup for the Stars in Game 5, but it's possible they'll be down a key player or two as well.
Yea. Or something unfortunate happening to Johnston or Oettinger and who knows .

And no I'm not suggesting Avs go head hunting, I'm saying sometimes accidents and injuries happen and can change the course of a game or series.

Or the Avs just f***ing turn it on for some reason and kick ass. Go Avs!!!! (?)

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
That doesn't do anything. Plus, they play even better when he's out of the lineup like in last year's playoffs.

You gotta hit #4 hard and often and Tanev as well. Colton's hit last night was the only thing he's done all series but was a step in the right direction.

It's so weird. We acquired these guys to be hard to play against and it's almost as if they feel like they need to be skill guys on this team... or they just aren't being coached right. WTF...

Colton
Wood
Trenin
Duhaime

We should be annihilating their D and instead most of the time, we're barely engaging physically. To me, that's a coaching issue. These guys are scared to take penalties or something...
Bednar's coaching philosophy kinda makes these players with abrasive play styles tone down their game. It's not horrible because he likes to preach discipline and no penalties, but I remember watching these guys from other teams thinking they were such pieces of sh1t to play against. Here it seems like they kinda softened up

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
Oh dang big Val starting to look like no Val at this point 2 years in a row during the playoffs the regular season is 1 thing but its the playoffs guy.

Go Avs Go

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
you guys don't realistically think this is still a winnable series - right?
this was over before puck drop yesterday.
If they win tomorrow maybe it’s possible, the problem is, they haven’t showed anything suggesting they can beat Dallas. First game come back win was good but still falling behind and having to come back. The last 2 games specially we’ve been totally dominated so I really don’t have confidence we can win tomorrow to extend the series

Reactions: Chiarelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad