• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Ya I miss the times this thread was flooded by a handful of cocky Colorado fans thinking the Stars were going to be another Jets 2.0 after two games ... that was great :)
"bunch" is a bit much at least for HFAvs size, can't speak for HFStars though.
Most of the HFAvs normies don't like the "loud but few" either though.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I think in the first and second periods, COL had a lot of mid-grade chances. Again, I think they were a bit unlucky.

Mackinnon and Rantanen haven't been good enough, no doubt. Tanev's done a job on them. And because of that, they'll lose. But the reverse is kinda true for Dallas so far. Johnston has been their offensive catalyst and if either Vegas or Colorado had shut him down, Dallas would be out.

That is fair, score effects are a big part of it, to be sure.

I just haven't really been that impressed by Dallas either. The criticism of Colorado is that they have no depth, but subtract a single player from Dallas (Johnston) and they would already be out.
They probably win the lottery without Johnston

Last edited:

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
While losing Toews and Nikushkin leading up to game 4 absolutely sucks for the Avs, their effort level last night was inexcusable and the players' on-ice reaction says a lot about the state of the leadership in the locker room at this point in their contention window.

This series should serve as a major wake-up call to Avs management. Its not like these games are being played tightly in a 7-game series where you tip your cap to the opponent for being the better team when its finally over; this is an absolute wipe-out. Nill has conducted a master-class in drafting and team building and the results speak for themselves.

Crazier things have happened of course, but De Boer has this Stars team humming right now and my guess is they'll be tough to stop by any of the western teams. We shall see.

One question for Stars fans - what are your thoughts on Pavelski? With all due respect I think he's lost a step, seems to have had his ice time reduced and hasn't been as all that impactful. My view is that Dallas has more than sufficient depth to continue reducing Pavelski's ice time if necessary, but he's the one guy on Dallas I'd like to see win a Cup and go out on his own terms.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
"bunch" is a bit much at least for HFAvs size, can't speak for HFStars though.
Most of the HFAvs normies don't like the "loud but few" either though.
I initially had it as bunch, but edited it to a handful because I will say majority of my interactions with Colorado fans have been good on here

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
While losing Toews and Nikushkin leading up to game 4 absolutely sucks for the Avs, their effort level last night was inexcusable and the players' on-ice reaction says a lot about the state of the leadership in the locker room at this point in their contention window.

This series should serve as a major wake-up call to Avs management. Its not like these games are being played tightly in a 7-game series where you tip your cap to the opponent for being the better team when its finally over; this is an absolute wipe-out. Nill has conducted a master-class in drafting and team building and the results speak for themselves.

Crazier things have happened of course, but De Boer has this Stars team humming right now and my guess is they'll be tough to stop by any of the western teams. We shall see.

One question for Stars fans - what are your thoughts on Pavelski? With all due respect I think he's lost a step, seems to have had his ice time reduced and hasn't been as all that impactful. My view is that Dallas has more than sufficient depth to continue reducing Pavelski's ice time if necessary, but he's the one guy on Dallas I'd like to see win a Cup and go out on his own terms.

We've been discussing whether or not Pavs should be scratched, or at least sit due to "injury".

He's obviously lost another step and has regularly been the worst player on the ice.

Plenty of credible rumors that this run is it for him, regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: NordiquesForeva

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's the end for Pavelski but that's OK. He can't keep defying age forever and it's pretty obvious that he can't move around the rink anymore, not that his skating was ever good. As you said his ES TOI has been majorly reduced. He may still have some big moments left in him. He would have already signed another 1 year deal if he was coming back next year.

Reactions: NordiquesForeva

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
They would have lost to Vegas without Wyatt.

They probably shouldn't, tbh. Johnston is legitimately their best forward.

I tried to watch Dallas as much as I could throughout the season and obviously this playoffs. Honestly on paper and metrics I value, they're clearly elite. Can't argue against that. But I just watch them and don't love them.
Are your metrics that you value based on love? You go on a crazy rant on several posts where nothing is based in reality (e.g. Johnston being out and they don’t have depth) and follow it all up with “don’t love them”.

Reactions: Elysian

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Damn, sucks to hear Hintz's 4 point game didn't count, Heiskanen leading the team in scoring doesn't count, Stankoven and Seguin's 2 goal games the other day didn't count. Back to back GWG's for Seguin actually, dont count. Faksa game 7 winner doesnt count. Dellandrea winning goal in Vegas doesnt count. Marchment, Benn, Duchene, Robertson, none of their goals count. Tough losses.

Pavelski and Smith are the only Stars forwards without a goal so far btw through 11 games.

The point totals may be low, but everyone has chipped in so far in some way. Great depth
Stars suck until they get a McDavid or MacKinnon. Sorry. All must flow through one or it looks unimpressive. Again, sorry.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No . If we ever get one of golden boys they will no longer be considered golden boys because they're now in Dallas.

• Haha
Reactions: Hull Fan

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Who is "y'all"? Lmao. I'm not from Colorado or a Colorado fan. I'm just stating observations from what I'm seeing. Why are "y'all" so uppity?

The "depth" you're referencing coming through, is, once again, pretty much just Johnston. Dadonov too.

Dallas will win. And I'm not saying they don't deserve to. Like I said, on paper, they are elite. I try to watch them as much as I can to see that, but I can't come around.
The depth is the fact that everyone who has played in this series for the Stars has at least a point. 12 players have two or more points and four are PPG or better. Depth.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Stars suck until they get a McDavid or MacKinnon. Sorry. All must flow through one or it looks unimpressive. Again, sorry.
No, no, no, see Dallas sucks full stop. McDavid could be in Dallas and all of a sudden he wouldn't be near as good and the media would forget he exists. If by some miracle Dallas got a generational talent in the draft he'd be vastly underrated, see Miro for example.

Reactions: ElGuapo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Good job for Dallas in terms of looking great, but the Avs have equally gotten worse big time. Can't kill a penalty and are not adjusting on the special teams is pretty much the story so far.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Careful. If you aren't 100% constantly pumping the Stars' tires, a bunch of people are gonna jump down your throat.
You gotta call it as it is, if people cannot handle unarguably facts, that's their problem. The series is 3-1 due to a complete effort from both teams, a negative correlation close to 1 if I would say so myself.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
It’s a shame that this playoff series is gonna be left with a “what if?” as it was shaping up to be a great showdown.

Could the Avs have won with Nuke? Possibly.

Will they win with him being suspended? Not to mention the effect his unceremonious departure has on the team? Definitely not.

It’s one thing to have a guy go down with injuries. That’s just part of hockey and the playoffs especially. Him being gone because of off-ice antics is just a gut shot for the team and fanbase.

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Nuke is a big loss, but try not to use it as THE reason. Dallas is the better team this year. Don't be salty.
They’ve earned their series lead fair and square. Hopefully the Avs can show that they haven’t thrown in the towel. I’m not optimistic but there’s stranger things than a 3 game win streak.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m an Avs fan living in Canada who heard a lot of SiriusXM NHL radio and Marek/Friedman today and I can confirm they did spend a lot of time talking about Colorado beating themselves as opposed to Dallas beating Colorado so I can see Stars fans pov in being frustrated with their lack of credit. The Stars are a wagon and deserve respect.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
By eye, I thought COL was unfortunate to not be up 2-1 going into G4. They quite significantly controlled G3 but couldn't score in the 1st and 2nd when they had a ton of chances.

Avs 2nd line has also looked pretty good to me. Mittelstadt is impressive.

I mean, at this point it's clear Dallas will win. But I think showing up at the rink for G4 and finding out Nuke is in rehab again and Toews is mysteriously out would affect you somewhat.

You could kinda make the same "lack of depth" argument against DAL for the playoffs. Where would they be without Wyatt Johnston?

The votes are already in.
I am uncomfortable with how many people are saying the Stars are a shoo-in for the SCF, but it's also ridiculous to say Dallas is lacking depth.

It's also a little odd to say that Colorado should be up in the series when they haven't lead any game at any point.

Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I’m an Avs fan living in Canada who heard a lot of SiriusXM NHL radio and Marek/Friedman today and I can confirm they did spend a lot of time talking about Colorado beating themselves as opposed to Dallas beating Colorado so I can see Stars fans pov in being frustrated with their lack of credit. The Stars are a wagon and deserve respect.
They ain’t doing themselves no favours that’s for sure. Having said that, Dallas has played perfectly these last two games.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Nuke is a big loss, but try not to use it as THE reason. Dallas is the better team this year. Don't be salty.
It must be bliss living in that level of ignorance.

Here, I made a graph for you of the players with more goals than Nuke this playoffs:

1715740865326.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad