Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
And of course nothing for McDavid who initiated it with the two handed slash.
Star players get a pass.

I'm no fan of the Oilers, but the sequence of events is:

McDavid slashes Soucy in the legs
Soucy slashes McDavid back in the legs
---- Everything above this point is proportional and fine ----
Soucy cross-checks McDavid in the jaw.

Now, he may have been going for the chest, but he caught him in the chin. We're past the point of proportional response here. I think a fine is probably warranted.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The analysts who picked the oilers to win only watched highlights and read box scores. They were excellent at outscoring and overwhelming weaker opponents, but the moment they’re pressured defensively they have no answer. Outside of McDrai, the oilers are, and always have been, an absolute joke.

They feasted on non-playoff teams and barely kept their head above water against any club that scored 100 points this year.

LA had the defence but had no offence on the transition, which the Oilers were able to capitalise on. The Canucks on the other hand have the defensive strength to reasonably contain McDrai, as well as the rest of the offence, and their own offensive depth can easily tear apart the Oilers.

If Demko comes back this series, that’s the kiss of death for the Oilers.
They thought bc Van couldn't beat LA that it meant both teams were just better.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The analysts who picked the oilers to win only watched highlights and read box scores. They were excellent at outscoring and overwhelming weaker opponents, but the moment they’re pressured defensively they have no answer. Outside of McDrai, the oilers are, and always have been, an absolute joke.

They feasted on non-playoff teams and barely kept their head above water against any club that scored 100 points this year.

LA had the defence but had no offence on the transition, which the Oilers were able to capitalise on. The Canucks on the other hand have the defensive strength to reasonably contain McDrai, as well as the rest of the offence, and their own offensive depth can easily tear apart the Oilers.

Excellent summary. They also ignored the Canucks season sweep of the Oilers and the fact that they finished higher in the standings.
This series should probably have been assessed as a toss up with Demko in net and slight edge to the Oilers when he was hurt.
But to pick the Oilers as the Cup favourite with their goaltending and D was just downright delusional. All of Florida, NYR, Dallas, Colorado and Vegas are much better all round teams.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

excellent...at least now the Oilers won't be the favorites

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
And of course nothing for McDavid who initiated it with the two handed slash.
Star players get a pass.
Soucy push, McDavid slash, Soucy slash, Zadorov crosscheck, Soucy crosscheck up high.

Slashing someone in the leg isn't the same as crosschecking someone in the neck/chin, hence the hearing. Its not that hard to understand.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Soucy push, McDavid slash, Soucy slash, Zadorov crosscheck, Soucy crosscheck up high.

Slashing someone in the leg isn't the same as crosschecking someone in the neck/chin, hence the hearing. Its not that hard to understand.
McDavid is falling, it’s unfortunate he takes it in the throat… but shit happens.

We’re talking about a league where Bennett got nothing for a sucker punch. The league is a complete joke.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
McDavid is falling, it’s unfortunate he takes it in the throat… but shit happens.

We’re talking about a league where Bennett got nothing for a sucker punch. The league is a complete joke.
Yeah I mean I don't think Soucy is trying to hit up high. Shit does happen. I'm not saying he's like a piece of shit or something, but its not the same as slashing someone and its not surprising he's getting a hearing.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Anyone but McDavid and I don’t think an end of the game scrum even gets looked at. Especially when McDavid was the one who escalated it with the two hander.
Double standard given all the stuff the Oilers have gotten away with all series.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Yeah I mean I don't think Soucy is trying to hit up high. Shit does happen. I'm not saying he's like a piece of shit or something, but its not the same as slashing someone and its not surprising he's getting a hearing.
Two hand slashing someone after the game is asking for trouble.

The league is a complete joke as I said. Cup checking someone, completely fine, sucker punching someone and knocking them out of likely multiple games fine… accidentally cross checking someone in the neck because he ends up on his knees simultaneously… hearing!

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Anyone but McDavid and I don’t think an end of the game scrum even gets looked at. Especially when McDavid was the one who escalated it with the two hander.
Double standard given all the stuff the Oilers have gotten away with all series.
Maybe right, regardless you can't crosscheck someone in the face. There's been dirty shit in a ton of series. The minute you start having crosschecks near the face after the game ends its just different. Soucy got unlucky really that Zadorov did it at the same time.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Any word on a possible suspension for Foegele? He punched Zadorov from the bench while Zadorov was putting Kane into the bench. Interference from the bench is an automatic misconduct under rule 8.4.
Foegele has 5 goals in his last 50 playoff games. Please, by all means, suspend him.
Amazing, so much uproar over this. Barely heard a peep from Vancouver after Evander Kane intentionally kicked out Hughes’ leg from under him on a hit in game 2.

Says a lot…
yeah, Canucks fans were the picture of grace after game 2, you could barely tell they were upset about the officiating :laugh:

Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad