• Avalanche (AINEC)

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Avz

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Wood nearly lost the period for the Avs at the end there with that weak play up the boards.

Avs showed some dominance but in the end the period was pretty even. Avs got bailed out by George a bit.

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
Also how the f*** does it happen that in the year of our lord 2024 is there not enough camera angles and tech to make sure every goal line and blue line challenge conclusive?

Cheapskate joke league

How do some teams and games have cameras directly on the line and others the angle is from the stands unless they’re just picking and choosing which which cameras to show.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Disagree. Call on the ice was good goal. We saw the video. No way Bednar and CO saw something that served as 100% conclusive proof that it was offside.....
1714331997164.png

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
Top line trying passes that work in the regular season but fail in the playoffs because Teams pay close attention to keeping sticks defensively in the crossing lanes. It’s all about cycling and crashing the net for the ugly goals.

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
Wood nearly lost the period for the Avs at the end there with that weak play up the boards.

Avs showed some dominance but in the end the period was pretty even. Avs got bailed out by George a bit.

So annoyed by these soft backhand flips of the puck to no one in the defensive zone. It’s not like they’re getting it out because some one is barring down on them. They’re almost always when they have a ton of space.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Also how the f*** does it happen that in the year of our lord 2024 is there not enough camera angles and tech to make sure every goal line and blue line challenge conclusive?

Cheapskate joke league
It's weird, I'm not even sure they time stamp different camera angles so that they can glue together evidence when/if one camera angle is partially obstructed.

Reactions: katfude

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Again I was looking at the same broadcast, and it was tough to tell where on the stick the puck was. That's my argument, how the f*** did Bednar and staff see the puck to make the challenge?

Rants misses the net. Surprise surprise.
I'm betting the video crew had the blue line camera sectional still to work with and told the bench to call it.

The broadcast crew parsed back and forth between the frames. Conner was off sides on the previous frame too.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Listen I'm with you, I don't even think the play was onside. My issue is that still shot doesn't definitively prove that it was onside. How can you conclusively say that that puck is on the blue line with that shitty still shot?
Clearly the rule change we need is to paint the puck orange so it stands out.

Reactions: missionAvs

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
That goal shifted momentum, whether it was onside or offside. Tied game 1-1, let's show up for the second. I'll echo the sentiments that Mackinnon and Rantanen need to wake up. Big save by Georgiev to end the first.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad