Post-Game Talk: 2-1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Team is a bit enigmatic this playoffs and year in general. Running hot and cold.

they had long stretches of stellar play during the year and haven't really gotten there this postseason. I was complaining during the TBL series that we were playing with the urgency of a mid-October game. well, it's hard to imagine a game worse that tonight's. it was nearly unwatchable. they should apologize to the fans in attendance.

Boston's not that good but they clearly can beat us if we play like dogshit, as we've done twice. not difficult to imagine laying another egg in Boston.

I think lomberg and maybe cousins go back in. cannot lose Friday with a putrid effort like this. insert those guys and maybe they can drag the rest of the team into the fight.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
would like to see
Swaggy/erod-barkov-tank
Cousins/swaggy-bennett-chucky
Luostar-lundell-reino
Lomberg/okposo-stenlund-lorentz

#10 on the ice for the final 3 minutes was so bad. He contributes very little.
I think because hes either on the third line or playing lw which hes truly a rw
Every goal hes scored these playoffs has been on the right side.

That said im really surprised he hasnt done too much so far, he did more with the rangers in their loss to the devils

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They don’t need to change the lineup. In fact changing lineup might be a bad idea because it says that they lost only because they weren’t playing with their f***ing BFFs.

We all know they lost because batting was vendetta and gentle was f***ing sway.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
There is no way they lose 3 straight to Boston, lol, almost won this game sleep walking through it, hopefully Maurice gets in their ear.
IMG_2342.jpeg

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We've played Boston 9 times this season.

We've won 3. 1 at home 2 on the road

We are 1 for 5 at home against Boston. Let that sink in. Lol 20% win percentage.

Yeah, I really don't like our chances to be honest. Really hated that game tonight. I think it's time to take a hiatus and return for October lol

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You guys gotta step away from the ledge lol. 2 more tries to close it out, Panthers have generally been the better team. Winning 4 straight against any team is hard. I repeat, in the unlikely chance they blow this they were not getting past Rags/Canes anyways (how can a team that loses to Boston in 2024 expect to beat either). Even if they win I'm pretty concerned with their play this round, they've laid a couple eggs. But I mean a 2nd straight ECF is something I'd never consider possible 5 years ago so I'll take it.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
On to the next one. Tough to beat a team four straight and we came within inches of tying multiple times. Just didn’t have the scoring touch tonight. Bennett and Reinhart flat out missed the net in prime areas and that didn’t help.

We’ll get ‘em next time

longtime lurker

Dec 4, 2018
You guys gotta step away from the ledge lol. 2 more tries to close it out, Panthers have generally been the better team. Winning 4 straight against any team is hard. I repeat, in the unlikely chance they blow this they were not getting past Rags/Canes anyways (how can a team that loses to Boston in 2024 expect to beat either). Even if they win I'm pretty concerned with their play this round, they've laid a couple eggs. But I mean a 2nd straight ECF is something I'd never consider possible 5 years ago so I'll take it.
Panthers looked like they hadn't played or practiced in weeks. I can't imagine they could look any worse next game. Boston wasn't even that good in this one. They played really good team defense, but when their opponent was struggling to just make simple tape to tape passes, that helps to make you look a lot better too.

I just hate the idea of letting them off the ropes in a game where they were beatable and a good performance from Bob was wasted. Boston might end up looking even better in game 6 on home ice, with some momentum back on their side and the boost they will get if Marchand returns. But yeah, I do agree with you. 4 wins in a row is hard to do against any team, especially in the playoffs.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Let’s be real the team had some late season losing streaks unexplainable because most of the year we were very consistent. I could go as far as to say some of it was alarming. And so what we see at times is an extension of that which we saw Tuesday night. I don’t think the team has had answers for that and there might not be any.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
What an ass performance by our team, making a mediocre team look good. BOS is not just going to roll over like that. Verhaege on the first goal and Monty on the PP were awful last night. Tkachuk, 3rd and 4th lines a no-show. Bob our best player by far, cannot win us games by himself though.

2nd goal should not have counted, nobody knows what these dopes in TOR are doing.

Montgomery in the same whiny loser category as Cooper. Am I glad that our coach has more class than those 2 combined, even when throwing F-bombs around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad