Long Beach, CA
BldkTXpCUAAcE5b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh captain my captain

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
How come they shaved his moustache but left the hairs around they area they were suturing? And they couldn't have helped him out and gotten some of those nose hairs poking out as well?

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
The more hair Getzlaf loses, the more scars he picks up.

To paraphrase Teemu from 2007, "It's a good thing I'm married. I'm not so good looking anymore."

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I think it's actually a good thing Robidas has a broken leg vs knee/ligament damage. Recovery seems to be faster/more complete than any of the xCL's. So whereas before I wondered if it was a career ender, perhaps he could still play next year.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I doubt Robidas will be good enough to compete for our lineup, two fractures in not more than half year span, thats bad:(.
We need him at his best, thats only way he is good for this team.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
@icemancometh

Told Stephane Robidas is still undergoing tests at Zale Lipshy Hospital but that no surgery on his right leg has been performed.

What are they waiting for?

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
@icemancometh

Told Stephane Robidas is still undergoing tests at Zale Lipshy Hospital but that no surgery on his right leg has been performed.

What are they waiting for?

I'm no doctor, but i did stay at a holiday inn ... my guess would be see how bad the fracture is. If its just a small fracture, they might not need to have any surgery and just cast it and let it heal on it's oww.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I'm no doctor, but i did stay at a holiday inn ... my guess would be see how bad the fracture is. If its just a small fracture, they might not need to have any surgery and just cast it and let it heal on it's oww.

I think that would be the best case scenario

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He probably still has the last plate in the leg. They need to remove it, see where there is healthy bone, and where they can put the new plate. That would be my guess.

Assuming they use a plate.

Bisha

Nov 13, 2010
Lost in all of this and I asked the question last night when it happen. What the *?%# was Garbutt doing anyway! Kid has been in the league for 5 minutes and already has a matt cooke rep. Who the hell dives for a puck in that situation. Tries to knee DSP on the first shift and I would not put it past him to intentionally chop block and roll up on a unsuspecting player.
Players around the league and his own teammates, all saw it and things in that league have a way of coming full circle.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I would tend to agree with this. It may not need surgery. Many broken bones don't...

He probably still has the last plate in the leg. They need to remove it, see where there is healthy bone, and where they can put the new plate. That would be my guess.

Assuming they use a plate.

...But I would agree that this raises a very good point. His previous fracture, especially if there is still a plate in there, could very well complicate what might otherwise be a simple fracture.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
It's good news. Still a long recovery but not as serious as it would if he needed surgery. I wouldn't mind the Ducks taking a gamble on him, but that would mean doing something about Souray. Think we can only roll the dice on one.

Also have to consider how many D-men we have for next season (but also how many we may lose the following season).

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
It's good news. Still a long recovery but not as serious as it would if he needed surgery. I wouldn't mind the Ducks taking a gamble on him, but that would mean doing something about Souray. Think we can only roll the dice on one.

Also have to consider how many D-men we have for next season (but also how many we may lose the following season).

Fistric Will be Allens replacement, Allen And Sbisa will be traded. Souray will play next year barring any injuries or might be bought out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad