2013 "preparation" camp, shortened schedule, etc.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN

Is Burns hurt, or something else going on? Dude was skating before camp started (if I heard correctly...)

Now he's MIA, and going through a "rough time"?

Sharks are being very cryptic about this IMO.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The guys on the ice today, may be the start-of-season roster:

LadyStanley 11:11am via HootSuite This may be season opening roster: D 3;7;22;44;51;54;61. F: 8;9;10;12;15;19;21;26;29;37;38;39;57;68. G: 1;31. IR: 5;88.

Capgeek has Petrecki with new NHL deal. (Sheppard hasn't signed yet; but sounds close.)

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Did I miss something or did the Sharks @ Flames season opener go from 4pm Pacific to 3pm Pacific??? What is up with that? Was this announced somewhere??
Thanks

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Did I miss something or did the Sharks @ Flames season opener go from 4pm Pacific to 3pm Pacific??? What is up with that? Was this announced somewhere??
Thanks

I don't remember the Original start time but yeah it changed to 3pm PST

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
All three of Kearns, McCarthy & Pelech have been re-assigned to Worcester leaving the Sharks with a 22 man roster (Demers & Burns either IR or non-rostered players).

Kearns can be re-called at any time but this leaves the Sharks with an open roster spot...wonder if they're going to use it (Gomez??).

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
All three of Kearns, McCarthy & Pelech have been re-assigned to Worcester leaving the Sharks with a 22 man roster (Demers & Burns either IR or non-rostered players).

Kearns can be re-called at any time but this leaves the Sharks with an open roster spot...wonder if they're going to use it (Gomez??).

Wouldn't surprise me, and not a terrible idea anyway as a lot have said already.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA

Kevin Kurz @KKurzCSN
Mass confusion in the media room, as well all realize Kearns is not out there. So scratch his name from previous tweet. #SJSharks

interesting

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Kevin Kurz @KKurzCSN
Mass confusion in the media room, as well all realize Kearns is not out there. So scratch his name from previous tweet. #SJSharks

interesting

I read that three times and it still doesn't make sense. Can we get rid of Kevin Kurz yet? Uhg.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
WOW - what say you all???

IMO- Im all for it, as long as its on the cheap. Ive always like Gomez, and I think he still has got some gas left in the tank. I think his poor production was purely based on being in MTL

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Plus he is a west coaster so it might be nice for him to be so much closer to home... I like it too. My cousins in NJ will still be hating him for taking the money and running to MSG.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
IMO- Im all for it, as long as its on the cheap. Ive always like Gomez, and I think he still has got some gas left in the tank. I think his poor production was purely based on being in MTL

Agreed, Gomez is underrated because of his contract, he's a decent 4C at a reasonable price.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Agreed, Gomez is underrated because of his contract, he's a decent 4C at a reasonable price.

If you're planning on slotting him as a 4C, you might as well pass. He isn't a checking center. You have to put him in the Top-6 or make the 3rd line a scoring line. So it'd be like the Wellwood signing, which was a good move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad