Injury Report: 2016-17 Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Eaves has a broken foot.. He is probably out for the remainder of the playoffs.. Wtf happened to shaw? He took a shot in game 5 and looked weird..

That play was one of the oddest plays I've ever seen in an NHL game. You could tell Shaw really didn't want to shoot there. He looked terrified to shoot. He got so nervous he hurt himself shooting.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
It seems obvious that he hurt himself before he shot the puck but gave all he had to just get it on net. As for Eaves, that's a huge loss if true...

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Per Ducks twitter (from Murray): Stoner available. Bieksa "very, very close". Really want Stoner in the lineup. I know it's been a while, but he and Vatanen would be solid on the 3rd pair again IMO.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Per Ducks twitter (from Murray): Stoner available. Bieksa "very, very close". Really want Stoner in the lineup. I know it's been a while, but he and Vatanen would be solid on the 3rd pair again IMO.

Hard to see where Stoner fits in. I assume Bieksa will take over Theodore's spot...no reason to take Montour out of the lineup. He's just been too good.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hard to see where Stoner fits in. I assume Bieksa will take over Theodore's spot...no reason to take Montour out of the lineup. He's just been too good.

Yeah the top 5 (Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Vatanen, and Montour) aren't changing. However, I'd gladly take Stoner over Theodore. I'm not sold that Bieksa is a better option than Theodore. I'd give him a shot because he played well in Calgary series, he was **** during the season and putting him in makes someone have to play off their natural side.

I'm not certain Bieksa is ready for game 1 though. I guess he could be cleared soon, but if he's not would love to see a Stoner-Vatanen 3rd pair.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'd take a healthy Stoner over Theo, no doubt. But how healthy can Stoner be given how long he has been off? As for Stoner or Bieksa, I'd probably say the healthier one should draw in.

I will say though that if RC wants to see Stoner in action, the first game of the series would probably be the best time to experiment. Could Stoner's D really be any worse than Theo's? And it could give RC something to base a Stoner/Bieksa decision on.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Stoner would be a huge help for this team to add some stability to the bottom pairing and even up the RH/LH pairings, Theo is a great offensive talent but he's not ready for the playoffs. Perhaps a full regular season will be enough to get him there.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Stoner's going to have a helluva lot of rust to shake off.

But we finally get to see the D-lineup we wanted:

Lindholm-Montour
Fowler-Manson
Stoner-Vatanen

I can't see Stoner being in great condition though. It's been a while since he's played and this is a boiling pan we'd be throwing him into.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I think that Stoner has been one of the most consistent playoff performers out of the defensemen if not the most consistent. He has elevated his game a bit everytime, he knows what he can do and what he can't do. That said, Stoner hasn't played in like 6 months or so, which is worrisome. Could end up being a big mistake playing him over Theodore.

On the other hand, going against Preds, Theodore might be better option as the Ducks are going to need all the offence they can bring and Theodore has brought just that but he's also been responsible of a bunch of goals against so it's a wash. Those are invaluable lessons for him and being a smart player, he should be able to learn from them, the trouble is, playoffs isn't the time and place to learn these things.

I would keep both of them on a very short leash, maybe play Theodore in game 1 but if he doesn't perform well, give Stoner a shot. Putting him with Vatanen could end up in a solid pairing and allow Manson not having to babysit anyone and make the d core as a whole better.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't want to see Stoner in at this stage of the playoffs given he's been out for almost 6 months. Too risky.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
holy ****. Vatanen and Lindholm both need shoulder surgery. Recovery time is 4-5 months for Lindholm and "longer" for Vatanen.

FML

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Holy **** I just read those tweets too. Damn impressive given how well Hampus played against Edmonton and Nashville. Explains a lot about Sami and his complete unwillingness to shoot. ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad