Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part X: With that new forum smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftMittsHardSticks

Jan 3, 2014
Girard for Ristolainen. Who says no?
The first post on a brand new board, and you already want to set it on fire :laugh:

controversial-brave.gif

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Would like to see one player added from each of the lists below, preferably closer to the top of the lists.

*Has term
**RFA

Top 6 forward

1. Giroux
2. JT Miller*
3. Hertl
4. Copp
5. Forsberg
6. DeBrusk**
7. Garland*
8. Rakell
9. Kessel
10. Domi

HM: Kubalik, Drouin, Konecny

Bottom 6 forward

1. Lehkonen**
2. Hagel*
3. Texier*
4. Stastny
5. Nick Paul
6. Motte
7. Jarnkrok
8. Namestnikov
9. Clutterbuck
10. Carpenter

HM: Kapanen, Appleton, Blackwell

4/5 Defenseman

1. Lindholm
2. Giordano
3. Klingberg
4. Manson
5. Mayfield*
6. Sanheim*
7. Chychrun*
8. De Haan
9. Soucy*
10. Gavrikov*

HM: Braun, Colin Miller, Severson*, Jacob Middleton**, Kulak, Pysyk

EDIT: Added Giordano who's now a realistic option with the Landeskog LTIR cap space.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Didn't know that Mayfield had a year left under contract. Why would the Isles trade him?

2nd pairing guy, right handed, 6'5, only 1.45M AAV signed for one more year? That's huge value. What am I missing?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Well cap space is not even close to an issue anymore.

Feels like we might actually be up to something pretty big here.
I'm really curious to see how this unfolds. We could have made some big moves even without playing the LTIR game simply by getting retention, but this certainly opens up a lot more possibilities that might not be available to a lot of contenders, and likely also means that the Avs won't have to pay extra for double retention.

The one guy I'm looking at as being possible now who I didn't even have on the list above due to his high caphit is Giordano. With an additional $7m in LTIR cap space there should be no problem fitting him in even at a full caphit if Sakic wants to go for him.

Reactions: 5280

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Cap space no longer an issue? What did I miss? My phone is having a bitch of a time with this new layout & the new servers.
Landeskog going on LTIR. He's having a minor knee surgery and will be back for the "stretch run" (i.e. game 1 of the playoffs a la Kucherov and Stone).

Reactions: Lugnut

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Cap space no longer an issue? What did I miss? My phone is having a bitch of a time with this new layout & the new servers.
Girard out 4 weeks
Landy out indefinitely (getting surgery on Monday, think he should be back for the stretch run)

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
It is still an issue. Both Landy and Girard are expected to be out roughly a month. There's still 7 weeks left in the season. That doesn't help with LTIR or the trade deadline. Landy would have to miss the rest of the regular season.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Landy pretty much gone for the season

Landy out for a bit with knee surgery.

Landeskog knee surgery, likely LTIR and back in time for the playoffs. So if that's the plan they have over $7M just from that transaction to work with.

Landeskog going on LTIR. He's having a minor knee surgery and will be back for the "stretch run" (i.e. game 1 of the playoffs a la Kucherov and Stone).

Girard out 4 weeks
Landy out indefinitely (getting surgery on Monday, think he should be back for the stretch run)

Lando out for knee surgery, no timeline. Everyone speculating LTIR abuse

Thanks, all! This is the first time I’ve been able to actually access the site, so this is news to me. Hopefully the Avs can stay in 1st place without him and G for the next month or so.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It is still an issue. Both Landy and Girard are expected to be out roughly a month. There's still 7 weeks left in the season. That doesn't help with LTIR or the trade deadline. Landy would have to miss the rest of the regular season.
You don't think Sakic would ask Landeskog and/or Girard to lay low for an extra 2-3 weeks to give the team a better shot at the cup? It's not like there's much to play for in the last 2 months anyhow, maybe only home ice against Calgary in the WCF or against Carolina/Florida in the SCF, but the risk is easily worth it if you can add an extra impact player at the deadline.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

I’m not up on the rules enough to know if you are, but I hope you’re wrong, Bill. I want this to be the time Sakic finally puts his balls on the table. Roy and the rest of us have been waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad