OT: 2021 NFL and NCAAF offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Doubling down will look worse for Gettleman if Fields ever turns into anything. Of course the Bears are a QB graveyard so that might not be too likely but still.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
AVT is gonna be a stud inside for the jets. really don't mind joe douglas giving up 2 3rds considering what the bears did (albeit to a higher position). if they don't see anyone they like at 34 they could probably recoup another 3rd

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wow what a weird pick. I get half this draft is reuniting college QB's with their RB/WR boys, but did James Robinson suddenly go into witness protection or something?

Reactions: Clam Jensen

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Wow what a weird pick. I get half this draft is reuniting college QB's with their RB/WR boys, but did James Robinson suddenly go into witness protection or something?

Bad pick. If anything, James Robinson proves that taking RBs in the first round is a bad idea. Etienne has way too much wear on him.

Reactions: tr83

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Bad pick. If anything, James Robinson proves that taking RBs in the first round is a bad idea. Etienne has way too much wear on him.
Eh if you can give each 15 touches a game and keep them fresher they could be more effective. Not the pick I would of made but I don't think its bad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They probably think Robinson is too small to hold up under a consistently heavy workload, but if you're not going to let him be the main back after the season he just had you might as well cash out on him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They gave up two third-rounders and got a fourth-rounder back in an unpredictable draft where you're just as likely to hit with the fourth-rounder.

It's not sexy but let's face it, the Jets can't fix all of their holes with one draft. It's gonna take through next year at best, and they do have a lot of picks then too. The best thing they can do this year is ease Wilson's transition to the pros as much as possible in a brutal division, then fill up whatever pieces they need with next year's (better scouted) draft.

They could even probably trade back their early second-round pick if Douglas has his heart set on getting more lottery tickets this year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The WR the Giants took does seem talented, but yeah it feels like they should have addressed a different need. They don't really need another WR.

But I also hated their strategy going in of building around a QB that can't win.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
The WR the Giants took does seem talented, but yeah it feels like they should have addressed a different need. They don't really need another WR.

But I also hated their strategy going in of building around a QB that can't win.
Was a deep class for WR, toney wasn’t even the best one available. I wouldn’t be surprised if he fades out rather quick

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
My Bucs stayed the course and took Tryon who they've been mocked to take for a few weeks. First time I can remember a team drafting for depth rather than need in a long time. Guess returning every starter from both sides of the ball has its perks.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Was definitely a bit of a head scratcher.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

What could go wrong with drafting a guy in NY who’s an aspiring rapper with the name Yung Joka?

I also didn’t know that Zach Wilson’s uncle is one of the founders of JetBlue...I would love to be this kid for a day.

Reactions: HBK27

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
The Giants pick surprised me but didn’t disappoint me. I watched a lot of Florida games last year and he always stood out more than anyone on that team (including Pitts). I figured he was 5’8” 175 by the way he moved, but he’s 6’0” 193 which is great size for his speed/agility. Also had the lowest drop rate in college football.

The Giants lacked someone like him on their offense, and unfortunately with Shepherd’s concussion history they needed to fortify their weapons. They can get and edge or IOL in the second round.

Lastly, they got Chicago’s 1st next year which is insane. No other team that moved back came close to getting the haul the Giants did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad