Charlottetown won Fredericton
Do not know the results:
Kensington vs Moncton
Charlottetown vs North
Charlottetown vs Moncton
North vs Fredericton

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Q Teams now have their final rosters on-line, at total of 26 2005 born players cracked line-ups around the league.
19- F
7 - D
0- G
A total of 4 Teams have ZERO 05's.
Halifax lead with 4
BC , DRU , RIM all have 3

9 Atlantic players
Ryan, Henderson, Squires, Peddle, Rotondi, Crosby, MacKinnon, Coughlin, Gendron
3 -NS
3-NB
2-PEI
1- NL

Last edited:

ccmribcore

May 13, 2021
Thanks for the stats!

So with regards to previous year, on the low side for the # of 16 yo. Probably not significant enough to draw any conclusion or a trend.

More 16 yo @ MDAAA, which players will be knocking hard next year.

Fall off is that probably tougher for 06 to crack in next year. Personally thought the effect would have been more significant this year.

Hats off to all players making it this year!

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I think Will Allen (Moncton) in Chicoutimi also made their roster bringing the total to 10.
Yes, you may be correct, however their 25 Man roster is listed and he is not on it. they will have to make a move for him to be added, assuming he is out due to injury, but can not confirm that.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Thanks for the stats!

So with regards to previous year, on the low side for the # of 16 yo. Probably not significant enough to draw any conclusion or a trend.

More 16 yo @ MDAAA, which players will be knocking hard next year.

Fall off is that probably tougher for 06 to crack in next year. Personally thought the effect would have been more significant this year.

Hats off to all players making it this year!

Covid played a HUGE role in the 16 year old selections last year. With no U18 AAA in Quebec, some stayed to help with development, others stayed as borders were closed and AP's were not accessible once sent home.
I think if you look at the last 4-5 seasons - 24-29 is the norm.

Reactions: ccmribcore

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Yes, you may be correct, however their 25 Man roster is listed and he is not on it. they will have to make a move for him to be added, assuming he is out due to injury, but can not confirm that.
It may be an "overager" issue...they do have 4 20's listed...which when one moves would slide Allen back in...makes sense now.
10 is a very good showing for Atlantic....Well done!

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Peddle was the most physically ready player available in the draft. It is not that surprising that he is doing well out of the gates.

I do think Gauthier will be the best player in the draft once it is all said and done.

I do agree with your evaluation 95% of the time. On this one, I'm not so sure.

Time will tell

Last edited:

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Not discrediting the quick start Peddle is off to, he is an exceptional talent. That said, not many 16 year olds in this draft class or others before them have been able to negotiate top 6 minutes and first unit powerplay time on Q teams early in their career. He held out on a decision of where to play for a reason.... so far he is making the most of the incredible opportunity he has been given early in his Q career.

Reactions: Talking Hockey

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Not discrediting the quick start Peddle is off to, he is an exceptional talent. That said, not many 16 year olds in this draft class or others before them have been able to negotiate top 6 minutes and first unit powerplay time on Q teams early in their career. He held out on a decision of where to play for a reason.... so far he is making the most of the incredible opportunity he has been given early in his Q career.
Regardless of what he negotiated, you still have to produce. There are many 18-20 year olds in the league getting as much opportunity as Peddle and not coming close to matching these #'s. You may be able to start the season based on your reputation, but you still have to live up to it , So far he is doing exactly what they signed him to do....score goals.

With that said, the jury is still out on what type of talent he will actually become in the league....the sample size is just too small at this point...6 goals on 12 shots not a sustainable stat either.

Personally I am more concerned that the Volts are so caught up in showcasing Peddle that they are not focused on playing the right way and winning hockey games. They are young, but very talented...not a contender yet...but at the same time they sit in last place in the division with shit #'s on the PP and PK. At the moment, the only highlight on what should be an exciting young Team is Peddle. I can't imagine Management envisioned Peddle scoring 50 and finishing in last place. I have to think that they will tighten things up as we move along in the season and players will be held accountable for what they do on both sides of the puck. It's draft year for their talented 04's, scouts will be looking to see the full package.

Last edited:
Reactions: archie

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Peddle was the most physically ready player available in the draft. It is not that surprising that he is doing well out of the gates.

I do think Gauthier will be the best player in the draft once it is all said and done.

I also rely a lot on IQ and for that reason, I would not be surprised if Cataford ends up as the best forward of the last draft. He will be well surrounded for many years.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I also rely a lot on IQ and for that reason, I would not be surprised if Cataford ends up as the best forward of the last draft. He will be well surrounded for many years.

I think Cataford will be a player you win with in the QMJHL. Will give you a bit of everything. That said, in terms of offensive IQ, creativity and pure skill, Gauthier is likely to offer more, which will likely lead to more offensive production. I'd expect Cataford to be the best two-way forward of the draft.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
I think Cataford will be a player you win with in the QMJHL. Will give you a bit of everything. That said, in terms of offensive IQ, creativity and pure skill, Gauthier is likely to offer more, which will likely lead to more offensive production. I'd expect Cataford to be the best two-way forward of the draft.

I get your point. Kind of Pastrnak vs Bergeron in a certain way. I know Gauthier has a more physical game than Pastrnak. The comparison is not perfect.

Last edited:

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I get your point. Kind of Pastrnak vs Bergeron in a certain way.
Bergeron is a great comparison to Cataford, Similar games, similar skating styles for that matter. I have watched him 4-5 times this year, he does so many of the little things well. Very solid player and top end prospect.

I am still trying to get my head around Vincent Collard and his 3rd overall selection by the Drakars. Like all Quebec U18 players they did not play last season, in Collard's case his resume prior to last season was just ok, so seeing him jump to #3 was surprising. What's the projection on this player, other then his size, does he really have the skill to be an impact player like Gauthier, Cataford, Peddle...etc...

Last edited:

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Bergeron is a great comparison to Cataford, Similar games, similar skating styles for that matter. I have watched him 4-5 times this year, he does so many of the little things well. Very solid player and top end prospect.

I am still trying to get my head around Vincent Collard and his 3rd overall selection by the Drakars. Like all Quebec U18 players they did not play last season, in Collard's case his resume prior to last season was just ok, so seeing him jump to #3 was surprising. What's the projection on this player, other then his size, does he really have the skill to be an impact player like Gauthier, Cataford, Peddle...etc...

Personally, I would have picked a few forwards in front of Collard: Cataford, Goyette and Bourque. I'm not saying he won't make a good player in the Q but he got picked much higher than I tought.

We will have to forgive scouts for decisions they made at the last draft. They had to rely on a few games without contact, practices and coach's opinions (who didn't even see their players in a real competition) to built their team. It's not ideal. Even teams that started spying on Bantam players the year before may go wrong. It was a long 18 months for everyone, especially Q prospects.

ccmribcore

May 13, 2021
I have not seen played Collard so far, but watched Coursol & St Denis, who’s selection was also higher than projected. From that draft, had the chance to see Peddle as well.

The latter definitely brings offense. Beside this, the game I watched at least, engagement was lacking, and play in DZ was deficient. St Denis & Coursol have limited ice time, but playing more in OZ then DZ. I see them progressing so far, and can foresee improvement during the year.

Collard, are we facing a case of a player not necessary putting points on the board but doing all the small things? Cataford used to be the guy referred to as not flashy but making the others look/ play better.

And to add to the discussion, but not doing comparison, #3 in 2020 (Leighton Carruthers) not even on the watch list for NHL 2022 draft

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
I have not seen played Collard so far, but watched Coursol & St Denis, who’s selection was also higher than projected. From that draft, had the chance to see Peddle as well.

The latter definitely brings offense. Beside this, the game I watched at least, engagement was lacking, and play in DZ was deficient. St Denis & Coursol have limited ice time, but playing more in OZ then DZ. I see them progressing so far, and can foresee improvement during the year.

Collard, are we facing a case of a player not necessary putting points on the board but doing all the small things? Cataford used to be the guy referred to as not flashy but making the others look/ play better.

And to add to the discussion, but not doing comparison, #3 in 2020 (Leighton Carruthers) not even on the watch list for NHL 2022 draft

I like your comparison between Collard and Carruthers. Time will tell but Carruthers heavy feet are not fit for the game as it's played in these days. Especially in the Show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad