Series Talk: 2021 Round 3, Stanley Cup Semifinals vs Canadiens, for Campbell Bowl

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
My habs loving buddy that introduced me to NHL hockey when he dragged me to Denver to watch his favorite player Patrick Roy play against the habs was my first NHL games I saw in person and is how I got into hockey and why the Avs were my #1 team for over two decades. I even travelled to watch some Avs games at Phoenix and Anaheim when those two teams had bad records so that tickets in the lower bowl could be had for $20 or less an hour or so before game time. The annual frozen fury games vs the kings were great. I would meet up with avs fans that I've talked to online and some were from HF.

Now I get to thank my friend back for introducing me to NHL hockey by taking him to a VGK game vs his favorite team and this has been the best team we've had and I think that goes for the habs as well so we'll both enjoy this game and one of us will have bragging rights on who's got the better team. I think he'll be blown away as it's been a long time since he's gone to a habs game and Vegas knows how to put on a show. Plus we'll have a packed house and it'll be loud and crazy. He's moved to the big island where the town he lives in closes at 8 pm and it's not exactly exciting during the day either and he also got married so this will be something he won't forget.

Last edited:

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
The whole Max Pacioretty revenge aspect of this series has been mimimized, especially by the Canadian media.

Max was a 30+ goal scorer five seasons with the Habs. He was also the team’s captain.

He faced numerous unique challenges playing in Montreal, however.

He was an American. Although he worked hard on learning French and becoming part of the local community, there was always a great reluctance to accept him. Although there might be an understandable criticism of his playoff performances, some criticism was personal and even ugly. (Read about the PK Subban trade.)

So, this would be a good time for Pacioretty to answer his critics in Montreal. Winning is a universal language.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupInSIX

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Habs threat:

4D866449-E6FD-4E7D-A472-7A1BE042D5FC.jpeg

Vegas answer:

7867CF3F-A8D5-494F-932C-0B5B56F520F7.gif

Laffs2Kraken

Jun 1, 2021
I rematched all the goals from last series. Grubauer didnt play very well. Colorado didn’t really have a shut down pair. Goals against the Habs will be tougher to come by because Carey Price is a top 5 goalie in the world and the top 4 are big horses.

Matthews Marner Ehlers Wheeler all these guys were shut down. Also Philip Danault is one of the best shutdown center in the league right now.

I think it will be a low scoring series.
Lol

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
My habs loving buddy that introduced me to NHL hockey when he dragged me to Denver to watch his favorite player Patrick Roy play against the habs was my first NHL games I saw in person and is how I got into hockey and why the Avs were my #1 team for over two decades. I even travelled to watch some Avs games at Phoenix and Anaheim when those two teams had bad records so that tickets in the lower bowl could be had for $20 or less an hour or so before game time. The annual frozen fury games vs the kings were great. I would meet up with avs fans that I've talked to online and some were from HF.

Now I get to thank my friend back for introducing me to NHL hockey by taking him to a VGK game vs his favorite team and this has been the best team we've had and I think that goes for the habs as well so we'll both enjoy this game and one of us will have bragging rights on who's got the better team. I think he'll be blown away as it's been a long time since he's gone to a habs game and Vegas knows how to put on a show. Plus we'll have a packed house and it'll be loud and crazy. He's moved to the big island where the town he lives in closes at 8 pm and it's not exactly exciting during the day either and he also got married so this will be something he won't forget.

best GK team, but don't the Habs have 26+ SC wins? Definitely not the best Habs team. Tell your friend sorry though, this GK is for real

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I doubt they get complacent, what I worry about is what happens when the sort of lucky goals don't come? Not going to get a screened point goal, a goal that bounces off of you in the crease and a goal where the goalie doesn't know where the puck is every game. If they don't get that they better not revert to the base PDB offense because the real struggle could return at any moment.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As a Canadian, I am torn. I want a Canadian team but I think Vegas would have a better chance of beating Tampa - who I HATE !!!!

As for MAF's error, tonight, as a Canadian, he did the same thing in 2004 at the World Juniors. God bless him but he is prone to blunders. Having said that, he's an amazing goalie and, my guess, he'll win you the series... and the Cup.

Reactions: bbfan419

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
As a Canadian, I am torn. I want a Canadian team but I think Vegas would have a better chance of beating Tampa - who I HATE !!!!

As for MAF's error, tonight, as a Canadian, he did the same thing in 2004 at the World Juniors. God bless him but he is prone to blunders. Having said that, he's an amazing goalie and, my guess, he'll win you the series... and the Cup.

Every single team in the NHL is a Canadian team

Reactions: bbfan419

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Bench Reaves. They don't trust him at the end of the game or overtime to see the ice at all.

The fourth line is useless with him. McNabb is throwing hits, Kolesar and Carrier throw hits, and all three can fight if needed. Heck, maybe Stone can fight and get them going from a leadership standpoint. He doesn't bring anything right now and we need more from our fourth line.

Put Glass between Pacioretty and Stone, he hasn't been there for the playoff futility and should not be mind****ed by it and still have some youthful jump and be motivated to outdo Suzuki and take possibly one of his last shots with us. He should be as decent as any other option.

Pacioretty-Glass-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Roy-Tuch
Carrier-Nosek-Kolesar

That's four lines that are big, can hit if needed, have offensive skill and are responsible in their own end. The defense has looked good and if Fleury can bounce back I think it could give us the boost we need.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bruins fan coming here in peace, just want to say I am rooting for the Golden Knights to win it all this year and please beat the habs the next 3 games. Vegas is by far the better team, they have to get their PP going and get traffic in front of price for screen shots, tip-ins and rebound goals, use the physical game against smaller habs like Suzuki, Jesper K. and Caufield they hate the rough stuff, so hit them hard and hit them often and you will wear them down. Please win Vegas, that is my sports wish for this year.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
I feel for you.
All the trauma that the Habs made your beloved Bruins live in the 70's has gotta hurt.

Reactions: Habs13

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Bench Reaves. They don't trust him at the end of the game or overtime to see the ice at all.

The fourth line is useless with him. McNabb is throwing hits, Kolesar and Carrier throw hits, and all three can fight if needed. Heck, maybe Stone can fight and get them going from a leadership standpoint. He doesn't bring anything right now and we need more from our fourth line.

Put Glass between Pacioretty and Stone, he hasn't been there for the playoff futility and should not be mind****ed by it and still have some youthful jump and be motivated to outdo Suzuki and take possibly one of his last shots with us. He should be as decent as any other option.

Pacioretty-Glass-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Roy-Tuch
Carrier-Nosek-Kolesar

That's four lines that are big, can hit if needed, have offensive skill and are responsible in their own end. The defense has looked good and if Fleury can bounce back I think it could give us the boost we need.

Logic doesn't win the debate inside City National. Most of us have been saying this for what, two seasons now?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

While the guy who runs the account is a bit of a troll. Looks like Montreal gets the fortune of an opponent missing their 1c. But of course the refs favor Vegas so this was a 5 minute major and 4 game suspension
I think you completely missed my point(s). The sarcasm flew over your head.

The moment he went down, the conversation became about comparing his loss to that of Tavares and Scheifele. He doesn't remotely compare to either player. He had a career year this year. He's not a first line center, and in a league driven by play down the middle of the ice I think it magnifies a hole in VGK's lineup - that Stone partially makes up for. That's why I called him a third line center and chirped the commentary that his departure was akin to the others.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

While the guy who runs the account is a bit of a troll. Looks like Montreal gets the fortune of an opponent missing their 1c. But of course the refs favor Vegas so this was a 5 minute major and 4 game suspension

Not saying there shouldn't have been a penalty. Just saying that Stephenson is in no way comparable to JT or MS. His absence shouldn't cripple you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad