2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
The day we finally traded Tarasenko is such a happy memory.

We already knew he had a history of arguing with coaches (both Berube and Hitch) because he wasn’t getting enough powerplay time. He also pouted on the bench when he wasn’t scoring. Now look, I don’t mind when players show emotion so I can move past this stuff.

But now we’re seeing a pattern of who he really is. Firing agents multiple times because there isn’t as much interest in him around the league as Vladi’s ego wants there to be.

Remember when he shot back at Jim Thomas and chastised him in an interview for simply asking about the status of Vladi’s trade request? Tarasenko dodged the question every single time and then played victim for someone asking him about it. If he would have simply addressed it just ONE time, he could have put it to rest. But nah, he didn’t have the courage to be honest about the situation.

Dude is a bit of a headcase. I won’t ever miss him at all, unlike other former Blues. Hope he loses in the first round every year wherever he goes, like the Rangers did.
I have zero animosity towards Vladi. Sure in a perfect world, he never woulda demanded a trade and been a productive Blue for his entire career. But from his perspective, the Blues Docs botched his shoulder surgery twice and ignored his concerns of remaining pain/discomfort. I get that trust was lost and he wanted out. But the simple fact that after the trade request he atleast performed to a level that netted us a 1st round pick, i wont be mad at the guy. He was a big part of the Cup team, and I dont plan on routing against him, except on the occasions when he is playing the Blues. As far as how his free agency plays out, i could care less, the drama no longer involves the blues.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The day we finally traded Tarasenko is such a happy memory.

We already knew he had a history of arguing with coaches (both Berube and Hitch) because he wasn’t getting enough powerplay time. He also pouted on the bench when he wasn’t scoring. Now look, I don’t mind when players show emotion so I can move past this stuff.

But now we’re seeing a pattern of who he really is. Firing agents multiple times because there isn’t as much interest in him around the league as Vladi’s ego wants there to be.

Remember when he shot back at Jim Thomas and chastised him in an interview for simply asking about the status of Vladi’s trade request? Tarasenko dodged the question every single time and then played victim for someone asking him about it. If he would have simply addressed it just ONE time, he could have put it to rest. But nah, he didn’t have the courage to be honest about the situation.

Dude is a bit of a headcase. I won’t ever miss him at all, unlike other former Blues. Hope he loses in the first round every year wherever he goes, like the Rangers did.

Sheesh, I haven't seen bitterness like this since I put a bunch of lemon juice in my 100% arabica coffee.

I wish Vladi only the best after all the good years he spent here.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
FB_IMG_1688655074552.jpg

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I don't get anyone having animosity towards Tarasenko. He was one of the few real difference makers the Blues had for a number of years and produced some moments that I will always remember fondly. He may have been a bit overrated amongst some Blues fans at his peak, but he provided an offensive spark in STL that they hadn't had in a long time; he was third league wide in even strength goals between 2013-2019, only behind Ovechkin and Kane during that time. That's nothing to scoff at. Maybe the end was a little messy but I don't think it had any real, tangible impact on the ice and I think a large amount of the "drama" it created was only places like here, amongst fans. To each their own, but I wish Tarasenko all the best -- he was a huge part of helping to drag the Blues out of the dark ages and, eventually, to a Cup

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I don't get anyone having animosity towards Tarasenko. He was one of the few real difference makers the Blues had for a number of years and produced some moments that I will always remember fondly. He may have been a bit overrated amongst some Blues fans at his peak, but he provided an offensive spark in STL that they hadn't had in a long time; he was third league wide in even strength goals between 2013-2019, only behind Ovechkin and Kane during that time. That's nothing to scoff at. Maybe the end was a little messy but I don't think it had any real, tangible impact on the ice and I think a large amount of the "drama" it created was only places like here, amongst fans. To each their own, but I wish Tarasenko all the best -- he was a huge part of helping to drag the Blues out of the dark ages and, eventually, to a Cup
I don't see how he was overrated by Blues fans, he was on the cover of NHL '17, so that is recognition of how good he was by people in the hockey world outside of just Blues followers

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Well when I make jokes I lose my ability to like posts. :laugh:
I'm just being over dramatic about how Army is the scourge of the team while completely ruining everything and how Thomas and Kyrou only went to the Prospect Camp to get the new kids to sign up for The Blues Gaming Club to start Progression Raiding in World of Warcraft.

Apitheous

Mar 2, 2014
Parayko has all the tools but seems to lacks effort at times (hurt?) I know he had/has back issues. Speaking from experience once your back is hurt your screwed.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

I don't have any animosity, but I can understand how fans soured on him. The way he talked about putting the team first seemed to contradict his effort. Fans were used to seeing him play with such joy and intensity, but that faded. On the ice. There could be innumerable personal reasons for that, we aren't owed an explanation or anything like that, but I think a lot of fans reasonably perceived a growing disconnect well before the trade request tornado hit.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I'm just being over dramatic about how Army is the scourge of the team while completely ruining everything and how Thomas and Kyrou only went to the Prospect Camp to get the new kids to sign up for The Blues Gaming Club to start Progression Raiding in World of Warcraft.

At least I can get behind the concept of " let's go kill a dragon".
Some of these games now days I don't even get the point of other than an unregulated chatroom.

Might be more of a future GDT idea than anything else; but it might be funny to try to match the players with a WoW race and class.
I can already see Dalibor as a Dark Elf Mage.

Side note; Hayes to wear #12. Jersey number controversy avoided.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I feel you. I got busted by fun police too. I’m banned from Tarasenko to Carolina thread for beating down some touchy caniacs. Canes quietly have really developed an insufferable fan base.

I feel as though we get punished for being blunt. Or perhaps we're being bullied :naughty:

Reactions: Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Tarasenko was a great Blue and I’m glad he played a significant role on the cup team, but I’m glad he’s gone now. But I do wish him the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad