• 4 hour clock, open trading rules

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 2 hour clock, restricted trading rules

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If I have a reasonable amount of time to make picks, I'm fine. Work obligations can shift from time to time. If I have to leave, I have to leave. Real life comes first, but I do what I can.
Man you used to give 5 minutes in those drafts. Stop with this reasonable amount of time BS.

Also the clock drops to an hour in this too. You going to throw a fit again about that?

Last edited:

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Man you used to give 5 minutes in those drafts. Stop with this reasonable amount of time BS.

Also the clock drops to an hour in this too. You going to throw a fit again about that?

Wow. K. Let me talk to ya.

First off, I gave 5 minutes in those drafts to people who said they would attend. I gave up hours of my time to make those games happen, and I did it several times a year for several years back in the day of IslesRock4 and RR, plus my own time to auto'ing later rounds. They were done LIVE, I was very clear about that, and worked to accommodate people. They were not based on an hourly wait time in the heart of the day, they were always done outside of work hours. So cram it up your ass sideways, pal. IF these games are that important to you, touch a boob.

Second, I never threw a fit. I said it was unreasonable and insane. Those were my words. As one of those "grown ups" you hear so much about, I have these wacky things called family, career, and responsibility.

If there is a single individual reading this post that thinks that a roleplay/hypothetical game on a message board trumps any of those , do one of two things:

1) If you don't have them, find them. Family can be found family, it doesn't need to be blood. Find purpose.

2) If you do have them, close your computer, have a seat in a quiet room, and take stock of what matters to you in life. If you're smart enough to realize what really matters, then act accordingly. If you haven't up to this point, apologize to your loved ones, be better, or cut them loose because they deserve more.

• Haha
Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wow. K. Let me talk to ya.

First off, I gave 5 minutes in those drafts to people who said they would attend. I gave up hours of my time to make those games happen, and I did it several times a year, plus my own time to auto'ing later rounds. They were done LIVE, I was very clear about that, and worked to accommodate people. They were not based on an hourly wait time in the heart of the day, they were always done outside of work hours. So cram it up your ass sideways, pal. IF these games are that important to you, touch a boob.

Second, I never threw a fit. I said it was unreasonable and insane. Those were my words. As one of those "grown ups" you hear so much about, I have these wacky things called family, career, and responsibility.

If there is a single individual reading this post that thinks that a roleplay/hypothetical game on a message board trumps any of those , do one of two things:

1) If you don't have them, find them. Family can be found family, it doesn't need to be blood. Find purpose.

2) If you do have them, close your computer, have a seat in a quiet room, and take stock of what matters to you in life. If you're smart enough to realize what really matters, then act accordingly. If you haven't up to this point, apologize to your loved ones, be better, or cut them loose because they deserve more.
I literally asked for help in the game. You also told a guy if he didn’t like the rules, he can go kick rocks. I was much kinder to you than that.

I also have a career I also have a life. You’re not special. Bolded is so grown up of you.

The fact that you do not see yourself as the issue is f***ing hilarious.

Again you are not special. Other people have lives. If you couldn’t make it you could have sent a list like others. I have a life and missed picks as well. I didn’t throw a hissy fit and quit because I didn’t get my way.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I literally asked for help in the game. You also told a guy if he didn’t like the rules, he can go kick rocks. I was much kinder to you than that.

I also have a career I also have a life. You’re not special. Bolded is so grown up of you.

The fact that you do not see yourself as the issue is f***ing hilarious.

Again you are not special. Other people have lives. If you couldn’t make it you could have sent a list like others. I have a life and missed picks as well. I didn’t throw a hissy fit and quit because I didn’t get my way.
Oh I'm definitely not special,there is no question about that. But in the last game I was one of the most active people on there, and made multiple big deals. You want to talk about kind, don't tell me about 5 minutes without actual context, and the number of times I gave those multiple hours to drafts. There were many a night I lost a lot of sleep to give to the game. You call my dedication into question, you get what you get.

I didn't throw a "hissy fit", I left because there is no point in playing if I'm getting auto'd because I can't wait around all day for my chance to draft when I know I can't fulfill that. The rule was a joke, and you know it. I called it as I saw it. To you that's a hissy fit, then I can't help you.

If you have a career where you see someone sitting around waiting with a 1 hour window as being reasonable, I still can't help you.

Let me make one thing clear - I join these because I want to see them continue. I have so many other ways I could spend my time. But I thoroughly enjoy them, and at one point sanity reigned and there was a 4 hour window with an overnight blackout. That was reasonable. One hour isn't. It's simple.

So do what you want, but this is a fine way to alienate what few people there were who are still kicking around.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Oh I'm definitely not special,there is no question about that. But in the last game I was one of the most active people on there, and made multiple big deals. You want to talk about kind, don't tell me about 5 minutes without actual context, and the number of times I gave those multiple hours to drafts. There were many a night I lost a lot of sleep to give to the game. You call my dedication into question, you get what you get.

I didn't throw a "hissy fit", I left because there is no point in playing if I'm getting auto'd because I can't wait around all day for my chance to draft when I know I can't fulfill that. The rule was a joke, and you know it. I called it as I saw it. To you that's a hissy fit, then I can't help you.

If you have a career where you see someone sitting around waiting with a 1 hour window as being reasonable, I still can't help you.

Let me make one thing clear - I join these because I want to see them continue. I have so many other ways I could spend my time. But I thoroughly enjoy them, and at one point sanity reigned and there was a 4 hour window with an overnight blackout. That was reasonable. One hour isn't. It's simple.

So do what you want, but this is a fine way to alienate what few people there were who are still kicking around.
1 hour is unreasonable. It basically means we should be tied to our computer perpetually. Try telling my wife that.

That's insane. It's called having a career and an actual life that involves more than hockey. Between my last pick, I finished my day at work, played a softball game, took a shower, and went to bed.

If that's the case, I'm out.
But apparently this ain’t a hissy fit.

It’s called sending a list like every single other person or not quitting because you got autoed.

The rules that you are calling unreasonable are the exact f***ing same in this draft. Except you don’t get autoed you get skipped. And that’s how you end up with Dante f***ing Fabbro going R4. But you can’t even be bothered to send a list.

So my question again ARE YOU SURE? Because these rules were so unreasonable for you a week ago.

I’ve worked 80 hour weeks and gotten skipped in these multiple times yet I didn’t throw a fit. I’ve been on vacations and picked when I could and never threw a fit. You got AUTOED and threw a fit. That ain’t happening in this. So AGAIN are you sure?

No one is saying real life shouldn’t come first. No one is saying you have to spend every hour online. Yet no one is also bitching about clock like you do. If you can’t commit whatever that’s fine. The fact that I don’t think I’ve ever seen you finish a game (and you and I both know I’ve been around here a damn long time) really makes me question if it’s worth it or if it’s better to just have someone else take a second team than pick up your scraps when you inevitably quit again.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto

But apparently this ain’t a hissy fit.

It’s called sending a list like every single other person or not quitting because you got autoed.

The rules that you are calling unreasonable are the exact f***ing same in this draft. Except you don’t get autoed you get skipped. And that’s how you end up with Dante f***ing Fabbro going R4. But you can’t even be bothered to send a list.

So my question again ARE YOU SURE? Because these rules were so unreasonable for you a week ago.

I’ve worked 80 hour weeks and gotten skipped in these multiple times yet I didn’t throw a fit. I’ve been on vacations and picked when I could and never threw a fit. You got AUTOED and threw a fit. That ain’t happening in this. So AGAIN are you sure?

No one is saying real life shouldn’t come first. No one is saying you have to spend every hour online. Yet no one is also bitching about clock like you do. If you can’t commit whatever that’s fine. The fact that I don’t think I’ve ever seen you finish a game (and you and I both know I’ve been around here a damn long time) really makes me question if it’s worth it or if it’s better to just have someone else take a second team than pick up your scraps when you inevitably quit again.

I'm gonna keep this "short".

The term hissy-fit is completely antagonistic. Tell me how many people you can use that with and not get pushed back on.

Second, while still a game, the establishment of rules/parameters also establishes a resource/opportunity cost. If you say someone has to respond in an hour, someone has to sacrifice what they would have done otherwise. That could be family, friends, work, whatever. You start criticziing people for that, you're gonna get told.

I'll be honest - I've done so many of these games, I kinda assume timelines. You've biked a mile, you've biked a mile. When someone says you gotta bike the mile in a 100 feet, it changes things.

Maybe the product you're selling is the problem when it's that restrictive.

Either way, whatever. My wife will be thrilled I use my laptop less, there will be on fewer participants, and the game itself suffers.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
all this chucklef***ery aside, i propose that we start this draft if we have 20 players.

every player has a team with a co-gm in addition to their own team. gives you three teams for every two players. there isn't reason to skip over a player for your own team so that your co-gm team can benefit and vice versa.

only requirement would be making sure that a co-gm team and a player team are not back-to-back on the off chance of people being hinky

Reactions: OB5 and LT

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm gonna keep this "short".

The term hissy-fit is completely antagonistic. Tell me how many people you can use that with and not get pushed back on.

Second, while still a game, the establishment of rules/parameters also establishes a resource/opportunity cost. If you say someone has to respond in an hour, someone has to sacrifice what they would have done otherwise. That could be family, friends, work, whatever. You start criticziing people for that, you're gonna get told.

I'll be honest - I've done so many of these games, I kinda assume timelines. You've biked a mile, you've biked a mile. When someone says you gotta bike the mile in a 100 feet, it changes things.

Maybe the product you're selling is the problem when it's that restrictive.

Either way, whatever. My wife will be thrilled I use my laptop less, there will be on fewer participants, and the game itself suffers.
AGAIN I never criticized you for missing the pickZ I criticized you over quitting the game AGAIN over missing a pick.

You are for sure the problem considering 20 other people didn’t have an issue.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Not sure if anyone else knew but there's a poll in the OP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad