Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
LOL, this place is sooooooo funny at times. No news on JD as of now, but ppl are freeking out like he cut off his leg or something.

That gave me a semi, true story!

I guess people were freaking out for a reason. It was clear that it was not a minor injury based on his reaction. Was fun seeing him as an Av, won't happen again.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
You’ll get almost no offense from bottom 6 with that lineup. Colton can at least provide some offense on the 3rd line

We don’t need offence from the bottom 6. We need them to create havoc and play a heavy forecheck game. Anything they provide for scoring is a bonus.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
To go far you alway need depth scoring from bottom 6. Teams who don’t have that usually don’t go very far
Eh, if the bottom six plays a solid defensive game and provides physicality that would be huge for this series. That should be their priority imo. Hard, reliable minutes with good special teams play should be the goal. If they do that Mack,moose, and Makar can win the offensive battle.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Eh, if the bottom six plays a solid defensive game and provides physicality that would be huge for this series. That should be their priority imo. Hard, reliable minutes with good special teams play should be the goal. If they do that Mack,moose, and Makar can win the offensive battle.
In the playoffs scoring usually goes down. The Jets are gonna put their best defensive guys on MacK and Mikko, we gonna need offense from 2nd and 3rd lines. We saw what happened last year against Seattle when no one other than Mikko and MacK could score. Then you want your 4th line to just be solid defensively and not give up much when on the ice. Whatever you get from 4th line is a bonus, but 2nd and 3rd lines must provide offense

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
In the playoffs scoring usually goes down. The Jets are gonna put their best defensive guys on MacK and Mikko, we gonna need offense from 2nd and 3rd lines. We saw what happened last year against Seattle when no one other than Mikko and MacK could score. Then you want your 4th line to just be solid defensively and not give up much when on the ice. Whatever you get from 4th line is a bonus, but 2nd and 3rd lines must provide offense
I agree to an extend on your third line valuations. But it is infinitely more important that the second line produce regularly. If we get solid contributions from the top two lines and our defence continues as the best in the league at point production there will be enough offence there if the team, and George of course, play well in their own zone.

It would go a long way if the third line has a solid offensive series but they need to worry about being physical puck hounds that aren’t liabilities first and foremost, imo of course.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
you mean 1LW

He's replacing Drouin next to Mack and Rantanen

PS: See @Pokecheque ? I told you he wasn't a grinder...
They also had Duhaime on the second line for a time as well. The coach’s lineup choices don’t change anything. If he’s actually effective there I’ll be shocked.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I agree to an extend on your third line valuations. But it is infinitely more important that the second line produce regularly. If we get solid contributions from the top two lines and our defence continues as the best in the league at point production there will be enough offence there if the team, and George of course, play well in their own zone.

It would go a long way if the third line has a solid offensive series but they need to worry about being physical puck hounds that aren’t liabilities first and foremost, imo of course.
As long as the bottom two lines don't bleed chances against they're a step up from last season.

In 2022 we didn't get a lot of offense from the bottom 6 but their fancy stats were great. Guys like JTC and whoever came in for Jost were caving in all the Oilers fourth lines (once they load up McDavid and Drai on a line the Oilers had three fourth lines including 100 point scorer RNH).

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Ya when we won the cup, compher put up a few big goals, burakovsky put up big goals. There needs to be offense from 3 lines which is feasible this year but not for sure. Last year, we had nothing past the top line.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
As long as the bottom two lines don't bleed chances against they're a step up from last season.

In 2022 we didn't get a lot of offense from the bottom 6 but their fancy stats were great. Guys like JTC and whoever came in for Jost were caving in all the Oilers fourth lines (once they load up McDavid and Drai on a line the Oilers had three fourth lines including 100 point scorer RNH).
Exactly my thought. If the bottom six can wear down the opposition by playing a heavy forecheck and cycle game, it wears teams down big time. They likely can’t reach that level of 2022 but they should be trying to emulate it, but with more physicality as this group is definitely bigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad