OT: 2023-2024 News Around The NHL Thread

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think they’ll struggle regardless. This guy doesn’t really move the needle much for them. At least he hasn’t yet anyway.

Yeah, I just mean they already lost Weber and Danault, and replaced them with Savard and Perreault. And they barely made the playoffs in the weak North division. If they lose Kotka, and replace him with....whoever, they are in Detroit territory.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
What a way to f*** with Montreal. Love it.
So obviously this is a huge win for Kotkaniemi. He gets paid, he doesn't care for Montreal, Carolina is a decent organisation and if they decide to dump him next year? He gets to UFA at 22. Even if Montreal matches, what's not to love?
Carolina, they get a 21 year old kid who according to LeBrun they tried to trade for before. They pay what's likely a late first and late 3rd and overpay about 3 mill for one year. Then, they have options: Kotka looks like a player worth this, yay, extend at the same price. Kotka doesn't look like a player worth this, they can let him walk, or use the extended negotiating period to sign him to a different contract in a more reasonable price range. Given Carolina's excellent developement system (especially with Finns) and Kotka's botched developement, maybe this is a match made in heaven even if they're overpaying a lot right now. Finally, it's a serious "Don't you dare mess with our RFAs" message by Carolina. They lose here if Kotka's a bust, walks for nothing and they miss the playoffs.
Montreal either matches (and seriously overpays for a guy who doesn't want to be there, and faces the same problem next year), or they don't and get two picks - which is probably the smarter choice. Either way, this puts them in a spot. I like.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’d take the two picks if I were the Habs. They do that and they win that challenge.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Lucky him :sarcasm: ha have a chance to make the Flyers as a dark horse?
Well he's played one preseason game and got one assist so far.

I highly doubt he makes the team this year. For him to get a full year in the AHL would be best. The Flyers basically told him he will get a real look next year. That's been the plan since when they drafted him in 2019

Reactions: FinlandPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I highly doubt he makes the team this year. For him to get a full year in the AHL would be best. The Flyers basically told him he will get a real look next year. That's been the plan since when they drafted him in 2019

You gonna travel to one of the closest cities of an AHL team to watch him play live?
Or get the AHLtv package?

I'm gonna see if my firestick/illegal streaming app will provide the AHL games, otherwise, may pony up the cash to watch Charlotte this year

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You gonna travel to one of the closest cities of an AHL team to watch him play live?
Or get the AHLtv package?

I'm gonna see if my firestick/illegal streaming app will provide the AHL games, otherwise, may pony up the cash to watch Charlotte this year
I'm thinking about getting the AHLpackage. I've never had it before. Is it possible to split between people? If so, definitely would be up for that idea.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm thinking about getting the AHLpackage. I've never had it before. Is it possible to split between people? If so, definitely would be up for that idea.

Here's the pricing. So we could split the $105 cost so we could watch Charlotte and you still can watch the Phantoms as well.
That $105 cost is assuming Charlotte makes the playoffs...

Would assume you can have 2 users on one account, likely just log on with the password, they don't need to know we're 4-5hrs away from each other haha

But not sure if 2 users can be logged in at same time??
Screenshot_20210928-133653_Google.jpg

Reactions: Prominence Problem

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

That’s awesome man. Must be so cool to watch that from a family perspective.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Here's the pricing. So we could split the $105 cost so we could watch Charlotte and you still can watch the Phantoms as well.
That $105 cost is assuming Charlotte makes the playoffs...

Would assume you can have 2 users on one account, likely just log on with the password, they don't need to know we're 4-5hrs away from each other haha

But not sure if 2 users can be logged in at same time??
View attachment 466828
I'm definitely interested.
Would like to know if we could both be logged on at the same time. I'd hate to be kicked off, or kick you off. If I'm getting the package I would also like to check out some Charlotte games also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad