B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Two huge saves by Merilainen to keep Belleville in it. One on a breakaway, and another on a cross-ice feed just afterward.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Pretty good season for Belleville all things considered. I think coach David Bell squeezed everything he could out of a very under-skilled roster. Games were tight, and they defend well.

In the end, they were done in by the same thing that dogged them all season long - they just couldn't score. Highmore and Smejkal didn't produce a single point in the playoffs. Chartier one point. Reinhardt one point. Guenette one point and pretty bad defensively as well. Crookshank only 2 points.

Belleville scored 18 goals and Halliday picked up a point on half of them!

Best players, in my opinion: Halliday, Pilon, Currie, Kleven, Matinpalo. Ostapchuk was really good against Toronto but didn't have much impact once he returned from injury.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
I wished they made the switch earlier
It's hard to find the right time to make a goaltending change in a short series. Not sure when they could have done it, really - maybe for game 3?

I think putting a rookie who didn't play a ton in the regular season into an elimination game is probably not the ideal situation, but Merilainen was up to the task. Both goals scored on him tonight were kind of weird bounces that he couldn't do much about.

They probably wanted to give Sogaard as much rope as possible. He's turning 24 soon, and the time is coming when the organization will need to decide whether he's part of the future here or not. It wasn't a good showing for him, unfortunately.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's hard to find the right time to make a goaltending change in a short series. Not sure when they could have done it, really - maybe for game 3?

I think putting a rookie who didn't play a ton in the regular season into an elimination game is probably not the ideal situation, but Merilainen was up to the task. Both goals scored on him tonight were kind of weird bounces that he couldn't do much about.

They probably wanted to give Sogaard as much rope as possible. He's turning 24 soon, and the time is coming when the organization will need to decide whether he's part of the future here or not. It wasn't a good showing for him, unfortunately.
He didn't play well right off the bat in the 1st series .. I would have had Merilainen in then.. If he got hot I'd stick with him. It was obvious they were giving Sogaard a lot of rope.... He needs to change something in how he plays ..

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Good experience for the lads, the emergence of Buddy Halliday as a legit top-9 prospect is encouraging. He is so deceptive, like Mark Stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad