Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Development Tracker

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Anybody following Bischel? Rogle just won 7 straight playoff games and he seems to be getting top 4 minutes
Yep, I've caught most of his playoff games (at least parts of them). Bichsel's playing a primarily defensive defenseman role. I don't know the stats, but his pair always seems to be starting in the d-zone. He is their primary penalty-killer and doesn't get any PP time. They play an extremely passive/defensive system, so the d are expected to play way back whenever they expect a turnover will happen. So all that's to say he is not expected to contribute offensively and I've seen little to no offensive game from him (which I did when he was in Texas).

As for his play in the D-zone, he is extremely aggressive (almost to a fault), using his strength/size and stick to cause turnovers. He also makes a bunch of smart little plays to win a lot of his puck battles. In that respect (puck battles), he is very impressive. He also plays very mean, as he constantly crosschecks and finishes his hits hard. If any opposing player is around the crease after the whistle, he clears them out forcefully. That said, his over-aggression can cause him to lose his position on the ice. His positional awareness, to me, is his greatest weakness (even when he played in Texas). Nonetheless, he is very good defensively, which is why the coaching staff relies on him so heavily in defensive situations. He also makes a very good outlet pass (the best on his team IMO)

Anyway, I'm not a scout or anything but these are some of my observations watching him in the 7 playoff games.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Anybody following Bischel? Rogle just won 7 straight playoff games and he seems to be getting top 4 minutes
Yeah. Pretty impressive turnaround for Rögle and Bichsel was part of that. They fired the Abbott twins shortly before Bichsel arrived I think. They somehow managed to sneak into pre playoffs, then eliminated Timra to qualify for the playoffs. So far so good but nobody expected them to beat Färjestad as well, let alone sweep them. Färjestad BK is the most prestigious and I believe also the most successful club in SHL history. They dominated the regular season but didn't stand a chance vs Rögle so that result is quite the upset. I guess we all expected Bichsel to be back in Texas at this point. Three assists so far for Bichsel in Rögle's playoff run.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Bichsel's 9th place team (out of 14) has now just swept the 2nd place team (and defending champs) in the semi-finals (after sweeping the 1st place team in the round before) and is now on the way to the finals. Pretty crazy... Bichsel once again played very well defensively.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Bichsel's 9th place team (out of 14) has now just swept the 2nd place team (and defending champs) in the semi-finals (after sweeping the 1st place team in the round before) and is now on the way to the finals. Pretty crazy... Bichsel once again played very well defensively.

It's crazy how much he's doing to avoid being in Texas. :sarcasm:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Bichsel had two assists in the deciding 4-2 win in game 4 as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad