Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Sharks/Barracuda

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Starting this thread.

I haven't seen any assignments yet from camp I'm guessing that will happen for some of the kids that'll return to junior after tonight's preseason opener. So, I'd expect a rookie/prospect heavy roster against Vegas.

TOs still in camp: Ben Allison; Felix Gagnon, Joseph Henneberry; Justin Bailey, Tanner Kaspick (although Sharks roster listed Kaspick as FA signee)

Next weekend, I'd expect a bunch more cuts for the start of AHL camp.

NHL season starts 10/10, so the roster has to be finalized by 10/9 circa noon PT (max 23 active players, and cap compliant). Waiver wire will start about 9/28 (12 days before season open). Expect flurry of waiver wire moves on 10/8 so they can determine roster by 10/9 deadline.

Waivers run 24 hours from 11:00:01am PT - to 10:59:59 PT. Waiver claim priority is determined by team standings (in league); but the first few weeks, last season's standings are used. Claiming teams must have cap space, NHL roster space (or a plan to get there), and less than 50 active NHL contracts. Teams can "hide" about $950k of one-way contract cap with AHL assignment. Once clearing waivers, a player can be called up and then assigned multiple times without having to clear again until 30 days on NHL roster or 10 NHL games played (cumulative).

Waiver exemption is based on age when player's first NHL contract signed and number of NHL games played; capfriendly tracks that well. "Two way" contracts have nothing to do with waiver exemption, only how much a player is paid in NHL vs AHL/ECHL.

Trade deadline TBA, but end of February/beginning of March.

Last edited:

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
According to Sheng’s most recent article on SJHN, Ben Allison and Joseph Henneberry have been returned to their respective junior teams.

“San Jose Barracuda head coach John McCarthy talked up invite Felix Gagnon at the Rookie Faceoff.

The center, one of the top faceoff men in the QMJHL last season, has continued to show well, and has outlasted the other two Rookie Faceoff invites, Ben Allison and Joseph Henneberry, both who have been returned to their junior clubs.”

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) General Manager Mike Grier announced today that the following players have been returned to their junior clubs:

Mason Beaupit – G (Wenatchee Wild, WHL)

Luca Cagnoni – D (Portland Winterhawks, WHL)

Jake Furlong – D (Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL)

The following players have been assigned to the training camp of the San Jose Barracuda (AHL):

Ethan Frisch – D

Roman Kinal – D

Connor MacEachern – F

Bradley Marek – F

Anthony Vincent – F

Beck Warm – G

The following ATO players have been returned to their clubs:

Felix Gagnon – F (Baie-Comeau, QMJHL)

Reactions: Sandisfan

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Can anyone clarify what, “added is Emberson.” means?? Added to which team?

I don’t have twitter.
Emberson was picked up off waivers and added to the training camp list. If the Sharks want to send him to the Cuda, he has to go through waivers again and NYR can claim him back and send him to their AHL team if they want.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Always rooting for Lindblom but I’m happy he’s starting off with the Cuda this year. He was absolutely invisible last year in all aspects

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I personally don’t care that he didn’t do well point wise. That I saw him get back in the ice after what he went through and the relief he exhibited when he scored that first goal just gave me such a satisfaction that some do overcome those terrible things.
Sometimes, the personal victory is worth more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad