GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Great period, did everything but score. Love seeing the Deadmonton get run thru the whole period. Fiala, PLD, and Moore need to wake the f*** up tho.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
it was a good followup to the end of the last game, shows that it wasn't a total act

obviously needed a goal there but this 2nd is gonna be critical, either edmonton goes "whoa i didn't like that" and plays timid or they come out knowing they weathered the storm

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
This is called not bulding your team for the post season and then scrambling to find a new identity
Theres nothing wrong with learning on the job through experience. I went to a lot of Panthers games last year and the way they learned to play in real time against Boston in the playoffs was night and day from where they were in the regular season.
Even if the Kings lose I really hope this can become part of who they are permanently and fill out the roster accordingly.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Really good period for the Kings. Why can't they play constently like this.
Almost everyone on the team not named Kopi, Byfield and Kempe are pretty much six feet and under. Forwards that is. And Kopi is a lady bing winner just cannot sustain this type of playoff intensity. Thank you Blake for this roster.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Oilers dmen are suspect, so the physicality will wear them down and see them make mistakes. Problem is Mcdrai don’t need much to capitalize. I can see the Kings wilting if they don’t see anything come from this and the Oilers take the lead.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Theres nothing wrong with learning on the job through experience. I went to a lot of Panthers games last year and the way they learned to play in real time against Boston in the playoffs was night and day from where they were in the regular season.
Even if the Kings lose I really hope this can become part of who they are permanently and fill out the roster accordingly.
Learn through experience? This is the 3rd season playing the same team w no success and they've hardly adjusted. It used to be common knowledge around this org is you get your team ready for the post season playing a heavier style than need in the regular season. It seems like it only occurred to them after getting their balls sliced off that they need to take off their regular season dresses and play like men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad