GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Hiller is almost as clueless as TMac was. This roster has enough good talent to score goals in the playoffs, but don't have the right coaching staff to guide them. Don't get me wrong, Robitaille/Blake have made huge mistakes. What they gave up for PLD and the contract they gave him when he hadn't played a single Kings game yet, was atrocious! Not addressing having a #1 goalie in place after Quick was gone, almost as atrocious! Hiller was no better than a lateral move over TMac!
We all said at the time why Hiller? He's just an extension of TMac. Even if just as an interim, they needed a new face.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
It’s hilarious that a year ago Blake thought PL would solve a lot of the teams problems. Hell, he probably still thinks that.

Reactions: Telos

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
We all said at the time why Hiller? He's just an extension of TMac. Even if just as an interim, they needed a new face.
Well it prob had to be one of the assistants... he extended the Koala and have to pay for NEXT season they not going to get him a new coach

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
The only thing I'm hoping for is Blake was actually given notice that he has to win with what he has, explaining Hiller staying on for the playoffs and no moves at the deadline. Maybe he's on a hotseat. I don't know. It's lot of hopium. The more cynical side is no one's that concerned and no one is losing their jobs.
I think he is. They haven’t shown him in attendance. It would be like his bitchy self to tap out of the playoffs

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Well it prob had to be one of the assistants... he extended the Koala and have to pay for NEXT season they not going to get him a new coach
Maybe. But its just like their cap situation. They created the situation and just say they don't have space to make a move. Except with the coaching move there is no cap.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Danault: "We need to come out the exact same way on Wednesday."
NO! Score goals! Getting shut out again is not a gameplan.
Uh no this is the gameplan the Kings want. They have a better chance beating the Oilers in a grinded out defensive showdown than and offensive free for all. One or two bounces go a different way and we could have won this game.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Maybe. But its just like their cap situation. They created the situation and just say they don't have space to make a move. Except with the coaching move there is no cap.
Well the other thing is, its hard to find a new coach midseason because all the good ones and assistants are under contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad