GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Does anybody deserve that shit show?
Developing a heated rivalry would be fun, you have to admit. I hope there is blood.

Our fanbases already despise each other. If the players despise each other, can you imagine the emotions of the games over the next few years with these cores?

For entertainment value, it has to happen.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Van definitely has our number this year

But that team that lost the first three is a distant memory, I don’t know what was going on but it was like the entire team had the yips

Fourth loss was sans McDavid. Canucks haven’t really seen the true Oilers team this year imo

But both teams still have series they gotta close out and it’s a bad omen to act like round one is over

Agreed on that. If we do meet I’m thinking it’ll be a close series either way

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
This is the Oilers/Kings GDT. Take your off topic squabbles elsewhere.

200w.gif

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
I said the refs gave the Oilers a phantom PP, which even the HNIC panel said.

Oilers fans started attacking the Leafs because they couldn’t attack the call.

Walk me through the Kulak high stick that doesn’t touch anyone……it was the actual phantom call.

Anyway, your team continues to be a meme and the Oilers just won a playoff game 1-0 off a PP and that just has to sting considering the amount of energy you waste on Oiler threads…

So enjoy your sleep tonight hahaha.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Trading PP’s is in Edmonton’s favour though. Just play the whole game 5v5 though. They gave the Oilers the weak PP because they were getting outplayed.

Even Hockey Night in Canada said it was a bad call
There was literally a high stick right at the blue line on ekholm on the same play either way they were getting a penalty. Not to mention all the other blatant non calls any one of those could of been call plus the refs gave Oilers a phantom high sticking penalty and LA just decided to suck and kill any momentum they had with it.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Kings had some grade A chances, Skinner was just better
And so did edm even though they had so few shots. You could basically count the scoring chances for both teams on one hand each. Kings had the shots but skinner didn’t have to stand on his head or anything. It was mostly shots from the outside and one and done. Edm played a very structured defensive game despite being flat all game. The final few minutes was a clinic defensively by them.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
It’s amazing how Blake has managed to make LA so much worse for three years in a row while simultaneously spending to the cap and burning valuable assets.

Reactions: BigBrown

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Developing a heated rivalry would be fun, you have to admit. I hope there is blood.

Our fanbases already despise each other. If the players despise each other, can you imagine the emotions of the games over the next few years with these cores?

For entertainment value, it has to happen.
I can feel my blood pressure rise already.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
LA looked mentally shook, low percentage shots and double clutching on good grade a chances
Oilers had fewer grade A chances, and completely fanned on most of the ones they did have. Skinner simply outgoalied Rittich in this one.

Hopefully it's a turning point for him.

Either way, let's not be children and pretend that this game was a cakewalk for Skinner when Rittich had a much easier time.

Reactions: olli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad