GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers had fewer grade A chances, and completely fanned on most of the ones they did have. Skinner simply outgoalied Rittich in this one.

Hopefully it's a turning point for him.

Either way, let's not be children and pretend that this game was a cakewalk for Skinner when Rittich had a much easier time.

Was far from a cakewalk, he still had to put up a 30+ save performance

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Walk me through the Kulak high stick that doesn’t touch anyone……it was the actual phantom call.
bro what, he literally sticklifted directly into danault's face, you could visibly see his helmet and visor distort

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Oilers played an excellent defensive game, but Skinner was still rock solid. There weren't many Grade A looks and the Oilers cleaned up rebounds all night, but Skinner was calm and efficient all night. Very few panic moments.
Like I said, an easy night.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Three letters, PLD

The PLD trade will likely prevent Blake from ever getting another job as a GM in the NHL. It was a mind bogglingly bad roster decision after years of horrible roster decisions.

Rob Blake literally traded for PLD because he thought he would help the Kings beat Edmonton. He actually said that.

Reactions: Three On Zero

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
The PLD trade will likely prevent Blake from ever getting another job as a GM in the NHL. It was a mind bogglingly bad roster decision after years of horrible roster decisions.

Rob Blake literally traded for PLD because he thought he would help the Kings beat Edmonton. He actually said that.
What would the kings depth chart look like without the fiala and pld trades?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
There was literally a high stick right at the blue line on ekholm on the same play either way they were getting a penalty. Not to mention all the other blatant non calls any one of those could of been call plus the refs gave Oilers a phantom high sticking penalty and LA just decided to suck and kill any momentum they had with it.
Walk me through the Kulak high stick that doesn’t touch anyone……it was the actual phantom call.

Anyway, your team continues to be a meme and the Oilers just won a playoff game 1-0 off a PP and that just has to sting considering the amount of energy you waste on Oiler threads…

So enjoy your sleep tonight hahaha.
like i don't know if this is serious or a meme but since more than one of you is saying it:
8Oyq8zs.png

if you're going off this tweet it's literally intentionally cut wrong, the penalty happened before danault spun off

Reactions: kingsholygrail

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
What would the kings depth chart look like without the fiala and pld trades?

Iafallo-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Byfield-Vilardi
Laferriere-Danault-Arvidsson
Grundstrom-Lizotte-Turcotte
Thomas, Fagemo

Gavrikov-Faber
Anderson-Doughty
Englund-Roy
Spence

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
According to chatgpt the last time the Oilers won a playoff game being outshot by 20 or more was 4/28/06 vs Detroit

This didn’t check out

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

I'm still baffled because Iafallo and Vilardi were a pain in the Oilers butt all last series. They each had 4 points and were positive players. Adding PLD is fine, if you don't trade away some of your more productive players, and then don't give him that terrible contract.

Reactions: nturn06

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Absolutely. I want the Oilers to win this series, I just hope the Kings stretch it to 6 or 7.

The Canucks are too slow to beat the Kings' trap. They look like complete dogshit against the Kings, and have been dominated by them in all but one game tracking back at least a year.

I am more confident in the Canucks' grind/opportunistic grit game working against the Oilers.
Canucks play better against a less defensively structured team like the oilers where they can pounce on weak defensive mistakes. Kings dont have the finishers the Canucks have and dont capitalize on Oilers defensive gaffs playing the 1-3-1 game. Canucks have exploited defenive mistakes by oilers defense many times before and players like Drai have awful defense.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
bro what, he literally sticklifted directly into danault's face, you could visibly see his helmet and visor distort
Bro, check out the clip one fine poster provided.

Let me know if you see any “distort”…….it was a whiff. Kulak maybe hits him in the chest with an elbow……which is pretty much a standard front of net battle.

At least Englunds soft call was a penalty because you can’t put two arms around a guy and bring him down to the ice. It was a weak call for sure but still a penalty at least.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Bro, check out the clip one fine poster provided.

Let me know if you see any “distort”…….it was a whiff. Kulak maybe hits him in the chest with an elbow……which is pretty much a standard front of net battle.

At least Englunds soft call was a penalty because you can’t put two arms around a guy and bring him down to the ice. It was a weak call for sure but still a penalty at least.
dude it's not, you didn't even look

the penalty happened before that clip starts

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Jets beat AVS 4 times in regular season how is that going for them, Playoffs is a different game there bub
Difference is Avs have won the cup recently and are more experienced in playoffs. They have had big success in playoffs and also disappointments and have clutch players. I see them winning the cup, they are that good. Cant compare Avs to Oilers lol

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
like i don't know if this is serious or a meme but since more than one of you is saying it:
8Oyq8zs.png

if you're going off this tweet it's literally intentionally cut wrong, the penalty happened before danault spun off

Ok - I look forward to the footage of the real penalty that neither the broadcast or anyone on twitter can currently provide.

Honestly though, you could have a had double minor and it wouldn’t matter cause the Oilers PK has blanked whatever the Kings call a PP this series.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
8Oyq8zs.png

I think I owe the refs an apology on that one. The tweet wasn't intentionally edited wrong, though. The SN broadcast showed multiple replays of the same video saying that's where the call came from. No angles showing when the back ref had their hand up.

Reactions: sepHF

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I'd give the Oilers about a ~70% chance of winning a series against the Canucks.

These Canucks can pull wins out of their ass, though. I've seen it throughout the regular season and now in the playoffs. It's pretty much "pesky Sens" level of magic. They will be a very tough out, and have the advantage of dismantling the Oilers in 4 games this season. Edge to the Canucks physically as well.
Yeah I don't like the Canucks in that matchup based on form (so far in the playoffs) but that's cancelled out by the mental edge I believe they'll have against Edmonton. I think we'd see a better Canucks in that series than we've seen in the first round and a worse Oilers than we've seen.

But like I said, business to take care of first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad