GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 4/28/24 EDM leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Ok - I look forward to the footage of the real penalty that neither the broadcast or anyone on twitter can currently provide.

Honestly though, you could have a had double minor and it wouldn’t matter cause the Oilers PK has blanked whatever the Kings call a PP this series.
I just went back, and while I can't say 100% that the stick got Danault, it's at least far more reasonable than the one that was replayed on the broadcast.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Difference is Avs have won the cup recently and are more experienced in playoffs. They have had big success in playoffs and also disappointments and have clutch players. I see them winning the cup, they are that good. Cant compare Avs to Oilers lol
Canucks haven't made playoffs in several years, and next to no experience.

Goes both ways?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah I don't like the Canucks in that matchup based on form (so far in the playoffs) but that's cancelled out by the mental edge I believe they'll have against Edmonton. I think we'd see a better Canucks in that series than we've seen in the first round and a worse Oilers than we've seen.

But like I said, business to take care of first.
Canucks will do better against a less physical forward group. Hughes would exploit oilers D since Nashville has a very good defensive system and a better goalie in saros which make them harder to crack compared to Oilers. Defensive liabilities like Bouchard, Ceci, Deharnais and Nurse would be much easier to exploit compared to Nashville's defense and defensive strategy where they attempt to block all shots and passes. This will play right into hands of guys like Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, Lindholm etc.

Canucks haven't made playoffs in several years, and next to no experience.

Goes both ways?
True but Oilers havent had success in playoffs either so they arent good in playoff hockey similar to Laffs

• Haha
Reactions: Senor Catface

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Ok - I look forward to the footage of the real penalty that neither the broadcast or anyone on twitter can currently provide.

Honestly though, you could have a had double minor and it wouldn’t matter cause the Oilers PK has blanked whatever the Kings call a PP this series.

2nd angle since i know what's coming

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Difference is Avs have won the cup recently and are more experienced in playoffs. They have had big success in playoffs and also disappointments and have clutch players. I see them winning the cup, they are that good. Cant compare Avs to Oilers lol
Oilers are a better team than 2 years ago the Avs are not why they bowed out last year lol we can always put up some real cash on a bet if the Oilers play The Canucks next round $1000 sound good
since you're so sure of yourself

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Yeah I don't like the Canucks in that matchup based on form (so far in the playoffs) but that's cancelled out by the mental edge I believe they'll have against Edmonton. I think we'd see a better Canucks in that series than we've seen in the first round and a worse Oilers than we've seen.

But like I said, business to take care of first.
I think regular season means nothing. Just look at Winnipeg vs Colorado.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Oilers are a better team than 2 years ago the Avs are not why they bowed out last year lol we can always put up some real cash on a bet if the Oilers play The Canucks next round $1000 sound good
You also seem so sure Oilers would win. How would you know? I am more confident of Canucks beating Oilers versus a team like Vegas or Avs who have both won cups. Oilers havent proven anything in playoffs and thats why i like Canucks chances. Am not being cocky, its just facts that Canucks match up better against Oilers versus those other teams.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Don't forget 14 year olds have the same access to the internet as you. Always take the trolls with a grain of salt lol

Reactions: VainGretzky

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
You also seem so sure Oilers would win. How would you know? I am more confident of Canucks beating Oilers versus a team like Vegas or Avs who have both won cups. Oilers havent proven anything in playoffs and thats why i like Canucks chances. Am not being cocky, its just facts that Canucks match up better against Oilers versus those other teams.
not saying you're wrong, just curious as to why they match up better

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Regular season success means zero come playoff time. Anyone who thinks the Oilers are the same team that got thumped by Van early season is out to lunch.

Oilers cooked Vegas last regular season and look how that turned out.

Reactions: VainGretzky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad