Series Discussion 2023 Dallas Stars Playoffs Discussion | Round 2 vs. Seattle Kraken | Dallas WINS GAME 7!

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Anyone seen this?

Round 1
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win
Dal win / Edm win
Dal win / Edm win

Round 2
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Anyone seen this?

Round 1
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win
Dal win / Edm win
Dal win / Edm win

Round 2
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win
Dal loss / Edm loss
Dal win / Edm win

Both teams also had a player score 4 goals in game 1 of round 2

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Favorite moment last night. If I had any hate in my heart for the kraken I’d say something along the lines of “bahahaha weight room you f***ing idiot hahahaha” but I don’t so I won’t

Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Hope they take a great experience from Game 6 at Minnesota and applying same approach.

Absorb the intensity in first 10 mins, keep it tied in 1st, then as a bit of sting comes out take our chance.

Seattle's first ever elimination game at home so I'm guessing their building and intensity will be huge.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I can't see Robertson or Benn snapping out of their average play by Game 7 start.

I think it Has to be Hintz, Domi and Pavelski if we're gonna do it...the guys who are locked in this series.

All my hope in those 3

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
It’s safe to say must win on Monday. First true must win. Dallas has been good at home. Couple OT losses but for the most part Dallas has dominated at home. Hope the good Oettinger shows up.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Also this feels no different then the loses we faced in game 3 of Round 1 and 2. Those were just as bad. No panic boys!

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
No expectations about what plays out Monday. What happens happens, and I'm just hoping it's a win.

Reactions: LT

Jackattack030

Sep 29, 2020
This season’s a big success no matter how Monday goes given preseason expectations/what’s coming, but man you never really know when you’ll get an opportunity like this again. Hope they pull it out.
See I’m iffy on that. Yes pre season expectations season is success. But given the team going into playoffs and the path to win Stanley cup is doable. If they lose to Seattle up 3-2 in games I’m not sure you can call that a success. Stars won’t get chances this good to win the cup.

Jackattack030

Sep 29, 2020
Thoughts on game 7.
Sooner or later Otter is going to bring his A game.
I’m putting game 7 on benn. Not sure he’ll have another chance this good to win Stanley cup so as captain it’s on him to make sure Stars are ready to go himself included.
Stars need to figure out Robertson scoring issue.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Unfortunately, I was unable to give away my tickets so I will be there. My playoff record this year when watching in person is 0-0-2. My seat partners are 4-0. I hope my luck changes, but BfantZ might be right.

Go Stars!
Awe so this is all your fault. Take one for the team and don’t go. Who am I kidding, I would so go despite the record. Enjoy it all.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
After taking the day to digest game 6 and reading these threads:

Seattle brought the heat in Game 6, playing with that desperate edge that keeps fans on the edge of their seats. Dallas seemed to be missing that fire. It was a tough loss, but let's not drown in negativity, folks. This team has proven time and again that they're resilient, look at this past season. Few times we lost 2 games in a row, Otter will rebound and stand tall and everyone on our roster will be playing with that desperation, we will see a much improved effort all around.

One thing we gotta address is our shots. Grubauer might be a solid goalie, but he's been shaky. We need to take advantage of that and unleash a barrage of shots. It sounds simple, but it's a game-changer. When we don't shoot enough, we don't win. Let's unleash the firing squad early and often in Game 7 and chase Grubauer all the way back to the Deutschland.

I believe Dallas will come out swinging in Game 7. Let's not forget, our teams core has been in the trenches before – remember the Game 7 loss last season and the Cup Final heartbreak in 2020? They know what it will take to rise above. Pavelski will be pushing hard and I expect to see a huge game out of Benn as well.

We've got better top-end talent than Seattle, and I'd argue our depth is even with them as well. PDB has more experience in these intense moments than Hakstol, he's been here more as a NHL Head Coach.

The better top-end forwards? Dallas.
The better defenseman? Dallas.
The better goalie? Dallas.
The more experienced coach? Dallas.

Everyone is saying the pressure is on us, and it probably is. Game 7, in Dallas, after an Otter loss?
Gentleman we've got them right where we f***ing want them!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad