2024 “Tank” Thread

Where will the Ducks finish in the standings?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Push comes to shove id take celebrini and move zegras at the draft for a top 10 pick and go dmen there.

If we did win the lottery would you guys consider moving down to 2-4 with Chicago or San Jose?

Sharks 1st + penguins 1st for #1 overall( right now it looks like 2nd + 18th pick)

Chicago 1st + tampa 1st for 1st overall(looks like 3rd + 14th right now)
Same. If it's a trade for a a NHL Dman what team has a guy we want and they could use Zegras ?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
celebrini is not coming here. the league will find a way to get him to SJ because of the bay area connection

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Same. If it's a trade for a a NHL Dman what team has a guy we want and they could use Zegras ?
Ya that’s the other route…. I just don’t know what established dmen I’d move zegras for , that the other team would do also.

K Andre Miller for zegras

/shrug

celebrini is not coming here. the league will find a way to get him to SJ because of the bay area connection
i don’t think it works that way

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think if they end up with Celebrini they may end up moving Zegras for a Dman.
I wouldn't be shocked cause he may want a change of scenery after how this season went and his best buddy traded away.

Yeah I don't want to lose Zegras, his skill-set alone is something you just don't trade away. He is not a baby he is not going to kick and scream because his buddy got traded away. There is life outside of hockey. But the Ducks need to start changing course in his last two years of his contract, or he will force his way out. and honesty, would not blame him one bit.

As per landing Celebrini If we tank to the fullest again and end up dead last the league will find a way to make sure we don't win. lol.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah I don't want to lose Zegras, his skill-set alone is something you just don't trade away. He is not a baby he is not going to kick and scream because his buddy got traded away. There is life outside of hockey. But the Ducks need to start changing course in his last two years of his contract, or he will force his way out. and honesty, would not blame him one bit.

As per landing Celebrini If we tank to the fullest again and end up dead last the league will find a way to make sure we don't win. lol.
Yeah, I'm very pleased with Zegras and would very much hope we hang on to him. We will gonna need a player like that down the road anyways. Would be frustrated if we trade him away.

Also, I think big part of rumors about him is that he's so marketable. People just want to talk about Zegras, ha.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, I'm very pleased with Zegras and would very much hope we hang on to him. We will gonna need a player like that down the road anyways. Would be frustrated if we trade him away

He's trying to get better on all aspects of the game, and I applaud him for that. If we lose Zegras, I may be taking a break. Love Leo. but all F'ing season wanted to see Z and Leo together, we only saw it for like 7 or 8 games, and if Z was not snake-bitten as hell and was in regular season game form, that line would have caught fire early.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Usually I would agree with you. However, the lack of this year's draft class makes it more palatable for the league to have a franchise such as ours pick first overall. After all, they need to find a way to gift Misa and possibly McKenna to the Blackhawks in the next years.

It's not as if Celebrini is that high-end elite player in the mold of a Matthews or Kane (let alone the higher tier of Crosby, McJesus and Bedard), but more of an average or even slightly below-average first overall player. He's undoubtedly going to be an All Star at one point barring injuries, but he'll never be a Franchise-changing prize.

Can we also make a "conspiracy theory" thread so I dont have to see this shit. :sarcasm:

Way more annoying then tank talk. The lottery isnt rigged. The Ducks have been unlucky. Time to move on.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
If the Ducks have a chance at Celebrini then they should take him without a doubt. No way they trade down.

I would much rather trade Terry, McTavish, or Z for a young defensemen then trade down out of 1st.

don’t think so

I think the rule you’re talking about specifically uses the word “advance in the draft lottery”…. Last year we didn’t technically advanced so I don’t think it counts as us winning…. I thought i remember reading confirmation of this on twitter somewhere also
Correct. It only counts if you improve your pick. Even if you stay at your pre-lottery projection of #1 it doesnt count towards the 2 in 5 years.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I'm very enticed by Silayev. I've seen his potential compared to Victor Hedman. If he was a RHD I'd probably take him over Celebrini. He's been a late riser for sure, and his point production has fallen off a bit since the beginning of the season, but his potential just seems sky high.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm very enticed by Silayev. I've seen his potential compared to Victor Hedman. If he was a RHD I'd probably take him over Celebrini. He's been a late riser for sure, and his point production has fallen off a bit since the beginning of the season, but his potential just seems sky high.
I think he’s most interesting prospect in the draft…. But I think there’s a lot of risk/reward with him

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How about we keep it out of every thread but this one please? This kind of shit seems to creep its way into every thread over time. We don't need that.

Yeah agreed. That is what this thread is for and should also be used to discuss the standings of where they are, which includes how team around them are doing. Want to leave that out of the Draft thread as well, which should be used to discuss the potential draft prospects.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah agreed. That is what this thread is for and should also be used to discuss the standings of where they are, which includes how team around them are doing. Want to leave that out of the Draft thread as well, which should be used to discuss the potential draft prospects.
It will make its way into the roster thread as well (and beyond). People just can't stop letting everyone know about how they are pulling for a tank.

• Haha
Reactions: ohcomeonref

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
We need as much offense as possible on this dumpster fire of a forward group. I'm not sure why if by some miracle we drafted Celebrini that would change anything regarding Zegras being on the roster. The kid is 17 years old.

Having a forward core of Terry-Carlsson-Celebrini-Zegras-McTavish-Gauthier in a few years seems pretty good to me (though that is a lot of LH shots).

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why is this thread being allowed?

We are all Ducks fans, and everyone has their opinions, but in the end we all want the same thing, and that is to be competitive and make the playoffs again sooner than later.

The mods here wanted what's best for the forum, and we can see the writing on the wall with how this season has gone. By post TDL, People are going to be rooting for them to lose for better draft position, it's inevitable. When this happens with a bad team, I personally see it everywhere. I see it at a local sports bar, I see it on Twitter/X, FB, and etc. Most importantly, I just don't see it being avoided in the GDT's as we get to the end of the season in a couple of months. So a line must be drawn to keep things civil.

Ducks mods want to encourage more posting, not discourage it, so we wanted to give opportunity for all opinions to be welcomed, even if we don't all agree with them. It doesn't mean it gives you the right to flame or troll other members, so ask you be respectful. Even if you disagree with someone wanting to tank, and vice versa.

So let's all get along, stay in our corners(aka threads) when needed, if you have issues with anything, PM myself or another mod.

Thanks.

Leo

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

We are all Ducks fans, and everyone has their opinions, but in the end we are all want the same thing, and that is to be competitive and make the playoffs again sooner than later.

The mods here wanted what's best for the forum, and we can see the writing on the wall with how this season has gone. By post TDL, People are going to be rooting for them to lose for better draft position, it's inevitable. When this happens with a bad team, I personally see it everywhere. I see it at a local sports bar, I see it on Twitter/X, FB, and etc. Most importantly, I just don't see it being avoided in the GDT's as we get to the end of the season in a couple of months. So a line must be drawn to keep things civil.

Ducks mods want to encourage more posting, not discourage it, so we wanted to give opportunity for all opinions to be welcomed, even if we don't all agree with them. It doesn't mean it gives you the right to flame or troll other members, so ask you be respectful. Even if you disagree with someone wanting to tank, and vice versa.

So let's all get along, stay in our corners(aka threads) when needed, if you have issues with anything, PM myself or another mod.

Thanks.

Leo
I’m not the get along type

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There have been times this season where the crowd seemed electric and engaged (at least on TV, not sure how the atmosphere is in person). It just isn't very consistent because how could it be. There is nothing really entertaining about the team outside of Leo this year. The team is awful, Zegras has been out for a while, McTavish appears to be playing with an injury and they dealt Drysdale (who was also out for a while when he was here)

I think if the team is good, the fans will be back.
The crowd was great during the win streak.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
With all the injuries, makes you question how close we actually are or arent to being able to seriously compete. And I dont mean win a Cup, I just mean be in the conversation to make the playoffs for more than 2 weeks in a season.

We've got some expiring contracts and deadline moves that will clear out a few more spots, should be picking pretty high in the next draft and some prospects that may or may not be ready next year. I would continue looking at our draft capital and seeing what other highly touted prospect or young pros we could obtain from a contender needing a piece to win now.

This is a forced tank. Forced by the injury gremlins. It wasnt Silfver, Jones, Carrick gong out for weeks at a time, it was our top guys. Good luck with that.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The thing is, we have neither the talent nor the depth to actually compete for a playoffs spot. We need both. So either the kids from last year and the year before need to actually progress and step up, or it’ll be more of the same. I’d say the paper thin depth is actually a buffer impediment to the playoffs right now. Well, that, and the RD situation. Gudas ain’t gonna last that many more years, and it’s pretty barren outside of him right now.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
This is a very discouraging topic. I am not sure how many more years of this bottom dwelling I can take before I just write off the team completely. I say that every year, and yet I keep coming back. Maybe I am addicted to the Ducks and need to go to rehab. As for tanking, the results are awful, and the real question is who do we draft in the first and second rounds in particular. Remember, picking second or third in the second round is like a late first round pick.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I’m not sure we want another center if there is a better scorer that can be had moving down a few.

There will always be a Carlsson/McTavish 1st/2nd even if Zegras is moved. I’m thinking McTavish will get healthy and play like his early season version.

We have Strome playing wing and he can’t play wing. I’m not a fan of moving players to a position where they fail to meet expectations.

John

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020

We are all Ducks fans, and everyone has their opinions, but in the end we all want the same thing, and that is to be competitive and make the playoffs again sooner than later.

Thanks.

Leo
This. Tank threads can get very toxic and negative very quickly especially after late season wins (which many prefer over ending the season on a losing streak). I’d advise everyone to not freak out in either direction, especially as the season progress towards its end. I tried to set a decent tone for the thread by simply having a rather matter of fact OP, let’s try and keep it that way.

Shooting for last is not the end all be all, last year is a perfect example, the Ducks went on a run of destiny to lock up the best odds last year, losing all of their final 13 games. All to not win the lottery, much to the chagrin of many, even so they still received a franchise/Superstar level prospect. Let the chips fall as they will, what happens, happens.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
This. Tank threads can get very toxic and negative very quickly especially after late season wins (which many prefer over ending the season on a losing streak). I’d advise everyone to not freak out in either direction, especially as the season progress towards its end. I tried to set a decent tone for the thread by simply having a rather matter of fact OP, let’s try and keep it that way.

Shooting for last is not the end all be all, last year is a perfect example, the Ducks went on a run of destiny to lock up the best odds last year, losing all of their final 13 games. All to not win the lottery, much to the chagrin of many, even so they still received a franchise/Superstar level prospect. Let the chips fall as they will, what happens, happens.
the entire point of tanking last season was to ensure a top 3 pick. not ending up with bedard, carlsson, or fantilli would have set this franchise back considerably. this year, i don't envision anyone outside of celebrini being a "franchise altering" pick, which is why i won't be rooting for losses like last season. i'll be happy drafting anywhere from 3-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad