2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Any interest in PLD from LA? If they retain $2M he would be a solid 3rd line center at $6.5M. I don't know if he plays with enough heart and jam for the Hawks though?
This isn't serious, right?
tracey-morgan-no.gif

Attachments

• tracey-morgan-no.gif
    tracey-morgan-no.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I’ve thrown it out before I think Kokatniemi is gonna be a player the Hawks could acquire for the 2C hole

Henrique would make a lot of sense along with Stephenson

Wennberg could be a stealthy add although he’s a 3C

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
With no Celebrini, seems there’s more of chance for Nazar to make the team with a good showing.

But still being so far under the cap, I’m guessing Kyle is gonna go hunting for second line centre as well as a winger for Bedard. Probably pick up a depth defenseman as well so we’re not forcing the kids next year.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
With no Celebrini, seems there’s more of chance for Nazar to make the team with a good showing.

But still being so far under the cap, I’m guessing Kyle is gonna go hunting for second line centre as well as a winger for Bedard. Probably pick up a depth defenseman as well so we’re not forcing the kids next year.
Think Scott powers said they will be in the second center market

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

I think Stephenson as a linemate to Nazar makes a ton of sense as a guy who can take over faceoff duties if need be.

Need some reassurance at RHD if and when Murphy misses games.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
UFA 2nd line Center Options

Stephenson -Yes top option
Henrique - Yes
Lindholm- Yes up to 3 years No 4+ years
Domi- Yes 3 years No 4+
Monahan- No
Duchene-No
Stamkos- Yes up to 3 years No 4+ years
Roslovic- Undecided
Wennberg- No
Bluegar-No

Sorry but signing any FA C to an expensive and longish term contract is dumb with Nazar and Moore in pipeline and likely joining club in coming years (Nazar could be regular as soon as next)

Hmmm wondering who is a Russian UFA to help the transition of Demidov Kantserov ?

Neither will be here anytime soon (Demidov at earliest would be 25-26 season)

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Reichel signed so now our signed players for next season are

Bedard
Kurashev
Hall
Dickinson
Foligno
Athanasiou
Donato
Reichel
*Nazar
*Slaggert
*Dach
*Savoie

Jones
Murphy
Vlasic
Korchinski
Kaiser
*Del Mastro

Mrazek
Soderblom

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Reichel signed so now our signed players for next season are

Bedard
Kurashev
Hall
Dickinson
Foligno
Athanasiou
Donato
Reichel
*Nazar
*Slaggert
*Dach
*Savoie

Jones
Murphy
Vlasic
Korchinski
Kaiser
*Del Mastro

Mrazek
Soderblom
Missing Hayes, Ludwinski, luypen, Saarela, Allan , Rolston

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Next years team is going to be rough, again, because Demidov will be staying in Russia. I think the #1 pick will be in play again for the Hawks come 2025.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Sorry but signing any FA C to an expensive and longish term contract is dumb with Nazar and Moore in pipeline and likely joining club in coming years (Nazar could be regular as soon as next)

Neither will be here anytime soon (Demidov at earliest would be 25-26 season)
nobody suggested that so no need to say sorry

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Next years team is going to be rough, again, because Demidov will be staying in Russia. I think the #1 pick will be in play again for the Hawks come 2025.
that will be a top 6-7 pick. I would be shocked. maybe the Toronto pick.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Draft Demidov
Trade Reichel 20th and Vancouver 2nd (or whatever that trade may take) for RFA Necas signed 8x8
Sign Chandler Stephenson 4x7
Sign Viktor Arvidsson 1x7
Sign Ilya Samsonov 2x3.5
Sign Tyler Myers 2x5

Trade Murphy and Hall possibly Donato at the deadline.

Kurashev-Bedard-Necas
Arvidsson-Stephenson-Nazar
Hall-Dickinson-Anthansiou
Anderson-Donato-Foligno
Entwistle

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Del Mastro-Myers
Kaiser

Mrazek
Samsonov

After next year Moore Kantserov Demidov and Slaggert come replace Hall Donato Entwistle Arvidsson Anderson and Anthanasiou.

Savoie Greene Dach Hayes Rinzel Allen fighting for spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Don't know how you can watch Kotkaniemi this postseason and feel OK committing six years there.
the thought would be he would come with a asset and would probably be more like a 3rd line center on the hawks. with the cap going up the next couple years the contract will not look as bad. maybe they add Scott Morrow. 6-2 rd 21 at Umass

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Florida needs some cap space and Ekblad is playing tough for that money. I wonder if a Murphy at 50% for Ekblad+ swap makes some sense.

Murphy 50% + LA 2nd for Ekblad and Samoskevich

2.2 Murphy for 2 more years and a 2nd for Ekblad 7.5 million for 1 year plus Samoskevich.

Last edited:

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Next year is going to be rough again for sure. But it's going to be a lot better than this year. Davidson knows he can't have these young players playing through seasons like the one they just endured. The Hawks will be better. They'll probably finish 4th-7th last but will generally be more competitive. Arizona was 6th last this year but finished close to .500. I think that's a realistic goal to shoot for.

Reactions: Muffinalt

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Ok. I am throwing this out there again.

-Levshunov at 2
-Trade TB first and TOR first to OTT for 7th. OTT has to give up a first in 25 or 26. This gives them more flexibility when choosing so that they do not miss a draft with a first-round pick.
-Draft Lindstrom, Iginla, or Catton in that order
-Chicago keeps their own first next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad