Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Okay, I took the time and went through the NHL. Where is Boston getting a 2nd or 1st line C in the near future? Nothing in the system and nothing in UFA and none that a team would trade for the Bruins scraps.

You can have all the cap space in the world but where is the C who wants to sign here not as an overpayment?

I saw all those good things as well this year as you did but the counter to that is everyone is a year older and guys who contributed to the win in the first round are gone. Either Jacobs is going to force them to overpay and go for a run again for revenue or they will bottom out.
Boston is such a shit place to play lol, if we where only Vancouver and not such a bottom feeder.

You have to be the only person in 20 years that says the Bruins need to over pay to get players to come here

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Boston is such a shit place to play lol, if we where only Vancouver and not such a bottom feeder.

You have to be the only person in 20 years that says the Bruins need to over pay to get players to come here

What I'm saying is that the only way to get a 1st line C seems to be through free agency.
In Free Agency you OVERPAY.

Please don't misconstrue my words to make it sound like the Bruins are Winnipeg.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
What I'm saying is that the only way to get a 1st line C seems to be through free agency.
In Free Agency you OVERPAY.

Please don't misconstrue my words to make it sound like the Bruins are Winnipeg.
But that’s wrong. True first line centers almost never hit UFA. Tavares was a big anomaly at the time.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
My pulse of what the value of players around the league are isn't as good as it used to be but is there not a hockey trade like Ullmark for Danault to be made in the off-season?

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
My pulse of what the value of players around the league are isn't as good as it used to be but is there not a hockey trade like Ullmark for Danault to be made in the off-season?
Coyle outscored him and you're seeing what he's capable of in the playoffs. IMHO Danault is just adding another 3rd line C to this roster hoping he squeaks them into the playofds.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
With a 15 team NTC, what do you think is a respectable return for Linus?
I think likely scenario is you get a prospect/young forward trying to take the next step on a team who is a bit deeper at forward...someone from LA if he'll go there?

Otherwise worst case a 2nd and prospect?

Reactions: HustleB

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Laferriere and a 2025 2?
That fits the bill to me, I struggle a bit to valuate Ullmark though, but surely this is fair value? Ideally you get a C for him, but really they need some help at all forward positions

He was drafted as a C, but Carolina has been using him as a winger even moreso once they got Kotkaniemi.
Worth a try you'd think. He's got good size for a center

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston
What center could the Bruins get for Merkulov, Lysell, Zacha, Geekie, and Ullmark?
Honestly, maybe Sidney Crosby. Good friends with Marchand, they spend offseasons working out together in Halifax, seemed pretty disillusioned with the Penguins when they gave up on their season and traded his buddy Guentzel. One year left on his contract, maybe he likes the idea of centering Marchand and Pastrnak to recreate the Perfection Line. Merkulov, Lysell, and the draft picks you'd get for Ullmark in a separate deal would probably get it done, considering Crosby has a full NMC and could hand pick his destination. Zacha and Geekie are useless to the Penguins but there just to make the money work.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I hope we have a busy offseason:

For wings we have-

Brad, pasta, Zacha, Debrusk resigned, Geekie, Freddy, Lysell, and Merkulov all gunning for top nine minutes - that’s 8 for 6 slots. Figure which two are expendable and deal them (I choose Geekie and merk)

Deal ullmark

Use those assets to get someone better than Coyle and let’s try this shit again

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Feels like a Coyle replacement and perhaps the 2nd line replacement but far from that 1st line C help they desperately need. Saw his name as well and wondered but a best, he's a 2nd line C on a contender, let alone a team trying to survive in the Atlantic.

IDK he was 10th in pts among legitimate (based on face-offs) full-time centers last year. 5th in assists. 24 years old. Good face-off guy too.

Not a big sexy name but if the Blues decide to change course and tear it down to the studs and he shakes loose, Bruins should be all over it.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I wonder if they look to trade 27 in the off-season. But I think It’s a given Linus is moved do we know what teams are on the list.

I would not mind bringing back Heinen and I ok letting Jake walk

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I think it's pretty simple...get Lindholm and Zadorov. The Bruins don't have any other options. Necas is definitely the most interesting but it will cost a lot and will take more than Ullmark. You have to hope that Lindholm is like Trochek 2.0 and that Zadorov ages well on a long term deal, which I think he actually does.

After that, its fill in the blanks but those two guys fill massive holes on the roster that need to be addressed first and foremost. I let Debrusk walk and shift my attention to Zucker on a short term deal. He's career numbers are actually pretty similar and still has good speed, forechecking and finish. He's a little bit of an agitator and I think he would fit in well here. He's also best friends with Colye from MIN days. I always liked him but really liked him after the Cousins incident

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Zucker
Frederic Poitras Geekie
Lauko Beecher Brazeau

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke

Sway

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think it's pretty simple...get Lindholm and Zadorov. The Bruins don't have any other options. Necas is definitely the most interesting but it will cost a lot and will take more than Ullmark. You have to hope that Lindholm is like Trochek 2.0 and that Zadorov ages well on a long term deal, which I think he actually does.

After that, its fill in the blanks but those two guys fill massive holes on the roster that need to be addressed first and foremost. I let Debrusk walk and shift my attention to Zucker on a short term deal. He's career numbers are actually pretty similar and still has good speed, forechecking and finish. He's a little bit of an agitator and I think he would fit in well here. He's also best friends with Colye from MIN days. I always liked him but really liked him after the Cousins incident

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Zucker
Frederic Poitras Geekie
Lauko Beecher Brazeau

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke

Sway
I’m team Zucker all day since then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad