Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’d take Nuke absolutely if he’s up for grabs for cheap. Regular season we’d finally be able to cheat the cap like Tampa or Vegas if he’s out only risk is something like this mid playoffs but hopefully he learns.

Everything indicates it isn’t PEDs so he can get the support he needs and hopefully overcome addiction. Think the rule is stupid anyways recreational offenses getting suspended like PEDs is insane.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
His projection on Dakota Joshua is comically bad and far too low. I also think he's pretty low on Guentzel conversely too high on Lindholm. Guentzel is the far superior player and really underrated. Meanwhile, who in their right mind gives a 40-50 pt. center on a downward trajectory 7 years at 8 million per.
Many here have been jonesing for precisely that number for precisely that player. That’s a deal that would make us long for the days of David Backes.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Many here have been jonesing for precisely that number for precisely that player. That’s a deal that would make us long for the days of David Backes.

I'll be honest I don't see it the same. Joshua turns 28 tomorrow. He doesn't have a pile of wear on his tires. He's got less than 300 pro games after spending all 4 years in the NCAA. I don't think he's a flash in the pan either. Underrated skill.

Backes was 32 when he arrived here and a heck of A LOT more miles under him.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'll be honest I don't see it the same. Joshua turns 28 tomorrow. He doesn't have a pile of wear on his tires. He's got less than 300 pro games after spending all 4 years in the NCAA. I don't think he's a flash in the pan either. Underrated skill.

Backes was 32 when he arrived here and a heck of A LOT more miles under him.
Not Joshua sorry. Elias Lindholm.

Joshua? Give me all of that guy all god damn day.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not Joshua sorry. Elias Lindholm.

Joshua? Give me all of that guy all god damn day.

Hahaha that makes more sense.

With the rumors that the Bruins wanted to talk extension when Lindholm was on the trade block in Calgary, it kind of feels inevitable. I'm not comfortable offering him term at all. I think the max I could do is 4 years but I'd prefer 3.

If they do sign him to some asinine term like 6-7-8 years, we can start a fan pool as to which Lindholm gets bought out first. Elias or Hampus. That will be fun.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If they do sign him to some asinine term like 6-7-8 years, we can start a fan pool as to which Lindholm gets bought out first. Elias or Hampus. That will be fun.

Yes, it will be tons of fun. I feel like we never have enough buyout conversations in here.

Reactions: BruinDust

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
My head immediately goes to the NS connection. If I'm Marchy this offseason, I'm in Sid's ear everyday trying to convince him to come to Boston. Both on expiring deals, I think both would love to play in the Olympics together. Sid has missed the playoffs the last two years and his team has gotten worse each year, even though he's still producing at an elite level. They have insane chemistry

You move Ullmark for a 1st and a 3rd in the summer. Replace him with Bussi, 5 million out, 1 million in.
You re-sign Debrusk and sign Bertuzzi, 5 million, 4 years each.
To Pitts: Zacha(4.75) +Poitras (870k) + Merkulov +2025 1st
To Boston: Crosby(8.70)

Marchy-Sid-Pasta
Bertuzzi-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau
Geekie-Beecher-XXXXX (face puncher)

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
(face puncher)XXXX-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman (6x7 million)
Bussi

We still have room to maneuver under the cap.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
My head immediately goes to the NS connection. If I'm Marchy this offseason, I'm in Sid's ear everyday trying to convince him to come to Boston. Both on expiring deals, I think both would love to play in the Olympics together. Sid has missed the playoffs the last two years and his team has gotten worse each year, even though he's still producing at an elite level. They have insane chemistry

You move Ullmark for a 1st and a 3rd in the summer. Replace him with Bussi, 5 million out, 1 million in.
You re-sign Debrusk and sign Bertuzzi, 5 million, 4 years each.
To Pitts: Zacha(4.75) +Poitras (870k) + Merkulov +2025 1st
To Boston: Crosby(8.70)

Marchy-Sid-Pasta
Bertuzzi-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau
Geekie-Beecher-XXXXX (face puncher)

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
(face puncher)XXXX-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman (6x7 million)
Bussi

We still have room to maneuver under the cap.
You have potter in two spots

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If pastah & C Mac every get to the Jason Tatum hate around here we got to trade them for a haul

11 picks and 5 years we could be back in playoffs

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Martin Necas

Center
Czech
Wears 88
Right shot
Pasta buddy
RFA
Stud

Let’s go Donny

Carolina up against cap

First and foremost, Necas really isn't a center. He barley took 100 face-offs this year and has one season with a decent amount of draws.....where he was 45.1% in the dot. Carolina has $27 million in cap space this off-season. Looking over their pending UFA/RFA's, I'd imagine that Necas is #2 priority, if not #1 priority.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
This year feels a bit like the 09-10 team to me. Great defense and goaltending but not enough offense to really be a threat to make a deep run. With some cap space to play with this summer though, I think they can go out and add some fire power.

That following offseason after the toughest second round loss we'll ever see they got Seguin and traded for Horton, both of whom brought some offensive spark to the team. I think we're two top 6 players away from being a contender. Having some cap space to play with will allow Sweeney to go out and get those guys.

I'm hoping there's a center available on the trade market cause the FAs don't move the needle on this team much. Reinhart is the dream, but I view him more as a wing. Him + a center in a trade would be the perfect offseason.

Zacha-trade-Pasta - Zacha shifted to wing, less pressure on him there. Good two-way C with size sounds nice, but beggars can't be choosers. Gimme someone over 50% at the dot at least

Freddy-Coyle-Reinhart - Coyle and Freddy have looked good together in the past and Sam would give this line a grade A finisher.

Marchand-Poitras-Brazeau - Marchy's body ain't what it used to be, I think moving him down the lineup would benefit him. He can provide some spark and guidance to the young C while Brazeau brings the size to this line.

Lauko-Beecher-???? - The 4th will likely be a revolving door depending on who has a good camp/injuries/etc

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke
???

Swayman
Bussi

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The major question with Jake IMO . Does he want to remain a Bruin ????

I think he does, but I also think there will be a team out there that overpays him. Its not often a guy hits UFA at 27yrs old. He's shown flashes of being a potential 30 goal scorer and someone will spend a little bit more for that. Edmonton is a team he's obviously always linked to and I think he'd be great with McDavid (who wouldn't). I just don't know that they have the cap space to make it work

Reactions: bme44

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Martin Necas

Center
Czech
Wears 88
Right shot
Pasta buddy
RFA
Stud

Let’s go Donny

Carolina up against cap

He’s a RW. Coyle has taken almost 2x as many face offs this year as me as has in his career.

I’d absolutely take him though as a 2nd line RW.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You have potter in two spots
Yes it would be fun to see Crosby play here for a couple of years, got that out of the way. Now everyone is screaming that we need a center so lets trade three centers under 27 for a 36 year old that is making more than the three centers you are trading combined, is part of the deal that Pittsburgh lets Poitras play center for the Bruins, the deal clincher.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
honestly I think a lot of the Zacha hate is just nonsense yapping, he’s got 3 points in 4 games and is a +2 this series where the goal diff for the team is -6. People are acting like he’s their worst player. Silliness.

Really only happens to European players, Tuukka being the biggest and best example where they get crap but the facts/stats just don’t match the crappers feelings

I’m 100% behind Zacha staying, provided they bring in enough talent in the middle to move him back to wing.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Lindholm
Necas
Coyle
Zacha (move to wing)
Freddy
Poitras
Beecher
Merkulov (move to wing / trade)

That's a lot of centres. Obviously landing Lindholm and Necas is a dream. This is more about the bottom 4. I really feel like Freddy excels at centre and the Poitras and Beecher also need to play centre and grow in that position. Unless you also trade Poitras.
Necas and Lindholm would be great adds considering what's available. At the moment
We currently have 6 bottom 6 centres and I'd even say 6 bottom 4 centres on a deep team. Something has to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad