WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Well I just read that Necas may have some upper body injury he Is playing through

Seriously lol, why do we even bother, unluckiest nation in the last two years lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well I just read that Necas may have some upper body injury he Is playing through

Seriously lol, why do we even bother, unluckiest nation in the last two years lol
It's funny because everyone seems to be assuming that they are all coming. This is not guaranteed at all. It's 50-50 at best.

For instance... People are already making rosters.lol.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It's funny because everyone seems to be assuming that they are all coming. This is not guaranteed at all. It's 50-50 at best.

For instance... People are already making rosters.lol.

Yeah that would be beautiful, I personally don't expect Boston and Carolina to overturn and win those series.

But as you say, I fear that after the guys get eliminated the news about some injuries here and here starts to creep up and no one will come in the end :D

I try to be optimistic and believe, but as I said in the past two years we are the most unlucky team in the world probably in terms of their best guys coming to WCH lol.

Reactions: Swipes

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah that would be beautiful, I personally don't expect Boston and Carolina to overturn and win those series.

But as you say, I fear that after the guys get eliminated the news about some injuries here and here starts to creep up and no one will come in the end :D

I try to be optimistic and believe, but as I said in the past two years we are the most unlucky team in the world probably in terms of their best guys coming to WCH lol.
It is a nice hypothetical forward group for sure. Palat with Kase and Kampf would be amazing! All hard working and 2 of them can score and create at a consistent level!

Still, let's see how this all plays out.

If we had picked a better roster to start, we also wouldn't be watching Canes and B's games so closely.lol

Kulich is probably now in Prague.. I'm not mad at all!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
He's been a bit goofy this tourney so far... seems really determined to cause shit in every game.lol
I remember when he knocked down 3 players in a row at the World juniors. I've never seen a Czech player do that before!

Last edited:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It is a nice hypothetical forward group for sure. Palat with Kase and Kampf would be amazing! All hard working and 2 of them can score and create at a consistent level!

Still, let's see how this all plays out.

If we had picked a better roster to start, we also wouldn't be watching Canes and B's games so closely.lol

Kulich is probably now in Prague.. I'm not mad at all!
Would be cool if they take him after all if one or two spots remain open and someone from. That trio won't come.

But not gonna happen lol, it's Radan Lenc all the way baby! :D

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Would be cool if they take him after all if one or two spots remain open and someone from. That trio won't come.

But not gonna happen lol, it's Radan Lenc all the way baby! :D
Which is why they should at least have Kulich practicing with the team... not like the extra reps would hurt him.lol

But you nailed it.. we'll go from 'which line are Pasta, Necas and Zacha going to play on' to 'here come Lenc, Scotka and Kousal'.lol

Maybe I"m being too skpetical though.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Which is why they should at least have Kulich practicing with the team... not like the extra reps would hurt him.lol

But you nailed it.. we'll go from 'which line are Pasta, Necas and Zacha going to play on' to 'here come Lenc, Scotka and Kousal'.lol

Maybe I"m being too skpetical though.
I am rather working and counting on this variant and then be pleasantly surprised, rather then expect NHL stars and again be disappointed lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
They beat us last year and just took Canada to OT. Why would you worry?
On the top of that they play extremely effectively which in contrast to our inability to score is a bit worrying lol

Btw I was at the venue today covering the game, and next to me were sitting the commentators from the Austrian TV. That was a truly glorious experience lol

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
On the top of that they play extremely effectively which in contrast to our inability to score is a bit worrying lol

Btw I was at the venue today covering the game, and next to me were sitting the commentators from the Austrian TV. That was a truly glorious experience lol
Austria should be a hockey power imo. Small nation but great conditions for hockey. Too busy skiing.lol.

That would've been tremendous to be there today

I think, with our style, all the games will look similar. We truly are Finland this time. I expect all our games to be very close in score. Canada or great Britain..

Glad Austria took a point. We are in fourth but have already played Swiss and Finland. Have a win and a point from the other. Hopefully we can eke out some 2-1 wins in the next three games.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Dobre rano Czech fans!

Pasta lives on.

Next game is Thursday for Necas.

Next game is Friday for Pasta.

Did I mention Kulich and Jiricek yet? Because we are closer to Lenc and Scotka than we are to Pasta and Necas.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Dobre rano Czech fans!

Pasta lives on.

Did I mention Kulich and Jiricek yet? Because we are closer to Lenc and Scotka than we are to Pasta and Necas.
Damn it. The one time I don't want Pasta to win the Stanley Cup

Austria scored 11 goals against Canada and Switzerland. I was never worried about playing Austria before.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Damn it. The one time I don't want Pasta to win the Stanley Cup

Austria scored 11 goals against Canada and Switzerland. I was never worried about playing Austria before.
And they beat us last year! Our team is built to have 1 goal games. Expect Denmark to drive you nuts. GBR to drive you nuts and Austria to beat us.lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
And they beat us last year! Our team is built to have 1 goal games. Expect Denmark to drive you nuts. GBR to drive you nuts and Austria to beat us.lol
To be fair, Austria only beat un ONCE in their entire history. It just happened to be recently (not last year, but in 2022). I would be amazed if we lost this time, though to be fair, their performances may have given them a lot of confidence so who knows. But the day I don't believe we are favourites against Austria is the day I'll switch from hockey to rhythmic gymnastics or something.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
To be fair, Austria only beat un ONCE in their entire history. It just happened to be recently (not last year, but in 2022). I would be amazed if we lost this time, though to be fair, their performances may have given them a lot of confidence so who knows. But the day I don't believe we are favourites against Austria is the day I'll switch from hockey to rhythmic gymnastics or something.
Just don't switch to Alpine events.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Dobre rano Czech fans!

Pasta lives on.

Of course anyone expected something else lol?

And I would be so much f***in calmer knowing Pasta is gonna play against Austria, as mentioned here above, they are starting to scare me a bit :D

Firstly dont f*** up any of those three games right now - 9points is a must here and we go to the game with Canada without nerves

Then hope Rangers and Florida will finish the series and the guys will come for Canada and QF which honestly if we dont f*** up any of those "easy" games. is good enough, they will come at the right time. But we need to not f*** up, which is definitely not out of the question lol

Lastly, if for some reasony they wont come > Kick Scotka and Lenc in the ass, apologize to Tichacek and Kulich and get them here asap lol

• Haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Of course anyone expected something else lol?

And I would be so much f***in calmer knowing Pasta is gonna play against Austria, as mentioned here above, they are starting to scare me a bit :D

Firstly dont f*** up any of those three games right now - 9points is a must here and we go to the game with Canada without nerves

Then hope Rangers and Florida will finish the series and the guys will come for Canada and QF which honestly if we dont f*** up any of those "easy" games. is good enough, they will come at the right time. But we need to not f*** up, which is definitely not out of the question lol

Lastly, if for some reasony they wont come > Kick Scotka and Lenc in the ass, apologize to Tichacek and Kulich and get them here asap lol
We both know we are not getting 9 points in the next 3 games. I say 7 at best. We are who we are. Expect a shootout, expect a loss and maybe a historical one. This is the way!

But we are in such a good spot with points on Swiss and Finland. Now those nations all have to battle each other. I'm hoping the Canada game is meaningless.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
We both know we are not getting 9 points in the next 3 games. I say 7 at best. We are who we are. Expect a shootout, expect a loss and maybe a historical one. This is the way!

But we are in such a good spot with points on Swiss and Finland. Now those nations all have to battle each other. I'm hoping the Canada game is meaningless.
1:1 with Danes after one is nice way to kick things out lol

But good we have team full of "bojovniks" ... they cant create shit, they cant score, most of the time they are in the corner, slapped on the glass .... BUT THEY f***IN SKATE AND FIGHT AND PLAY WITH HEART and thats what f***in count oh yeeeah

Not winning games and score goals, who needs that lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
15 goals scored in 4 games. 6 and 7 goals against weaker teams, while none from open play against strong teams (who also could not score on us). Almost starting to look like an effective strategy against weaker and against stronger teams..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad