2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
OK, so if Eiserman drops to us, do we take him, or go with someone else? If any of the top 6 Dmen drop to 13, i want him. Still like MBN, Greentree, and Sennecke, but man, Eiserman has scored a lot of goals.
Isn't it about time for @Digitalbooya to to a draft ranking poll?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
OK, so if Eiserman drops to us, do we take him, or go with someone else? If any of the top 6 Dmen drop to 13, i want him. Still like MBN, Greentree, and Sennecke, but man, Eiserman has scored a lot of goals.
I'll start it on the 20th of this month. That gives us 39 days to do the first round (32 picks).

Reactions: 57special

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If he's the only one that drops, I'd definitely put him in the conversation.

physicaIgraffiti

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Does this count as Chicago winning the lottery? They "won" the draw for the 2nd pick in order to keep it so does this lock them out for the next few years?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yurov was 25th, JEE 20th, i think? Tuch 15th or so?

I see all the top 6 Dmen being gone. If not, then any one of them would be a nice choice. If not, the top 7 forwards would be Cele, Demi, Lindstrom, Catton, Helenius, Eiserman, Iginla, Eiserman. I could live with any of those. There might be two or three of those 13 available, if any of the teams see things differently, which is common.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have a hard time with Eiserman personally. I’m hoping for Yakemchuk or Helenius.

I would be curious to see if Guerin is willing to take a Catton or Helenius if they’re there.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have a hard time with Eiserman personally. I’m hoping for Yakemchuk or Helenius.

I would be curious to see if Guerin is willing to take a Catton or Helenius if they’re there.
I'm wondering if Parekh drops. Unlike Buium, he has a slight frame, and i think a lot of GM's will have doubts that he can replicate what he has done in the OHL in pro hockey. I would like to take a chance on him, and possibly Sennecke, who will take quite a while to mature, but might end up being a top 6 W.

If Catton or Helenius is there and he doesn't take him i will be pissed, unless there is someone else really good who hasn't been picked. They both reek of hockey sense.

I think Yakemchuk will be gone. Too much to like in that package.

If it comes down to Catton and Parekh(unlikely), I would probably go Catton, but with Parekh you could hit a HR.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Depends on what the Wild's board looks like versus how the draft plays out.
Well I’m hoping their board suffers a tragic wastebasket fire and they have to go with the consensus pick which would have worked out better than every time they’ve gone to “their board” in the past.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Well I’m hoping their board suffers a tragic wastebasket fire and they have to go with the consensus pick which would have worked out better than every time they’ve gone to “their board” in the past.

So they should get rid of Judd Brackett and go with the 'consensus' #10 pick in online mock drafts? Which mock should they follow?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
So they should get rid of Judd Brackett and go with the 'consensus' #10 pick in online mock drafts? Which mock should they follow?
Well , I don’t think Judd wasted a first round pick on Stramel so there’s that

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Well , I don’t think Judd wasted a first round pick on Stramel so there’s that

So, we are in agreement. They should let Judd and his scouts determine the Wild's draft board and not online mock drafts (or Bill Guerin).

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Joe Smith took Adam Jiricek at #13.

13. Minnesota Wild: Adam Jiricek, D, Plzen (CZECHIA)​

There were a few targets that were chosen right before the Wild’s pick. Cole Eiserman and Carter Yakemchuk. There was an offer to move far down in the round. But for a Wild organization still trying to figure out what they have in their blue-line prospect pool, Jiricek provides another strong option. Injuries could have led him to drop some, but he’s got the size (6-2) and two-way game. — Joe Smith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad