2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That might have him drop in the eyes of GM's, and potantially make him available to us(as would him signing an extension in the KHL).
He’s got a deal in the K through next season

Love Demidov’s game and fit. Am guessing Philly does too - he’d be a lethal running mate for Michkov

That 6’7 LHD Silayov (sp) is also intriguing but I haven’t done nearly enough leg work on him.
I’m not in love with Silayev. I get it and understand what the upside could be, but I think he’s need to develop really nicely offensively to be the type of guy you are hoping for with a top 3-5 pick.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Everything I see about Brandsegg-Nygard seems to imply he's more of a high end grinder than a dynamic skill guy, but so far he's been consistently ranked around 10, which seems high for a guy like that? Am I missing something with him?
The discourse around Bransegg-Nygard is extremely confusing to me. I’ve personally got all Norwegian’s on my DND list anyways though, for obvious reasons.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Haha that explains it

Just based on the stat line it looks like he actually has some ability. 17 points in 22 games in a U20 league in his D-1 year is solid for a defenseman. Ohgren had 6 points in 8 games in the J20 Nationell as a forward in his D-1 year. Also played for the Slovakian U20 team. Super crude way to deduct anything but it's all I got for now. I loved Branko when he played for us those two years, so I'll definitely keep an eye on Luka.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Just based on the stat line it looks like he actually has some ability. 17 points in 22 games in a U20 league in his D-1 year is solid for a defenseman. Ohgren had 6 points in 8 games in the J20 Nationell as a forward in his D-1 year. Also played for the Slovakian U20 team. Super crude way to deduct anything but it's all I got for now. I loved Branko when he played for us those two years, so I'll definitely keep an eye on Luka.
No he’s definetly got ability. He’s already on the “top prospect for 2025” page on EP. You don’t get in that early if you’re not a legit 1st rounder.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Looks like he could be in the mold of new age defensemen like Hughes and Makar, super mobile, high IQ, good hands, strong willingness to jump in offensively

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don’t put Eiserman in a tier with Celebrini personally. To me, for towards its Celebrini in his own tier, and then the next tier would have guys like Eiserman, Catton, Helenius, and the headliner- Demidov in it.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t put Eiserman in a tier with Celebrini personally. To me, for towards its Celebrini in his own tier, and then the next tier would have guys like Eiserman, Catton, Helenius, and the headliner- Demidov in it.

His Cy Young numbers really throw me off. Same way Caufield was, and so far Caufield is a 24 assist per 82 games guy in the NHL, which is not great (although he's on pace for more this season). Goal scoring is obviously great but you start to wonder if he really brings a complete game to the table.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
His Cy Young numbers really throw me off. Same way Caufield was, and so far Caufield is a 24 assist per 82 games guy in the NHL, which is not great (although he's on pace for more this season). Goal scoring is obviously great but you start to wonder if he really brings a complete game to the table.
Yeah exactly. There’s a lot more holes in his game than you typically want for a top 3 pick.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve had the game on a little bit and head his name a lot: how has Levshunov looked against Wisconsin? @Digitalbooya
I wasn't paying super close attention to the MSU players. His name did come up a lot from the screechy play by play announcers. His one assist came off a shot that McClellan saved and the MSU player pushed the rebound out to the guy in the slot.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Very early in my needing out for this draft but I find that the depth is very weak. I only see 9ish prospects that really interest me.
Have you seen any Zellers yet this season? I need to try and catch him again, really liked what he showed over previous seasons and this summer. His SSM stats are pretty absurd, but he's a scoring winger so they kind of have to be. He looks like a guy actually capable of beating goalies in the NHL if he hits some physical development, I agree with you that there don't appear to be too many difference makers in this class.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Someone tell me about this Celebrini guy

Prior to not scoring in his last game against Quinnipiac, he was scoring 2 points per game and winning 53% of his faceoffs as a 17 year old (doesn't turn 18 til June) in the NCAA, which I think says quite a bit. Great skater, high IQ, great shot. I dare even use the word dynamic. From what I've seen he projects to be in the Eichel/Matthews/MacKinnon territory.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Prior to not scoring in his last game against Quinnipiac, he was scoring 2 points per game and winning 53% of his faceoffs as a 17 year old (doesn't turn 18 til June) in the NCAA, which I think says quite a bit. Great skater, high IQ, great shot. I dare even use the word dynamic. From what I've seen he projects to be in the Eichel/Matthews/MacKinnon territory.
The anti-Stramel. I’ll take two please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad