2024 NHL Draft Rankings: Gabriel Foley’s Springtime Top 100

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
IMG_5491.png
IMG_5495.pnghttps://twitter.com/nhlfoley/status/1784723848115474650?s=61&t=q1g47JddgyF2RK0-bL2XTQ

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
2 thoughts.

Eric Bürger at 19....is something.

Secondly, imagine a team takes Bürger and John Mustard.

I really like Gabe's Top 32 but some surprise omissions (Jiricek, Kiviharju, Muggli) that I assume is either a lack of watching due to injury (Kiviharju) or lack of video from those regions (Muggli) or both (Jiricek.). Henry Mews makes little sense to leave off, guessing that one is consistency concerns.

Badinka at 80 was the biggest surprise lower than I expected. One goalie (Kam Hendrickson) is surprising too. Not a strong goalie year but surprised of just one, and it's Hendrickson, who he's posted about for a good while.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
View attachment 861213View attachment 861400https://twitter.com/nhlfoley/status/1784723848115474650?s=61&t=q1g47JddgyF2RK0-bL2XTQ
I really love lists like this from people that have views on players in all leagues. I disagree heavily on some of the players, but I'd never think to take a look at Eric Burger or Hagen Burrows. Maybe he's onto something with those two. You never know. Really makes you think of players in a different light

Reactions: Nevins

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Pretty radical list and it's seems to be missing a finnish Dman.

That being said I appreciate the effort if nothing else.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Leaving Aron Kiviharju and Adam Jiricek outside the top-100 is surprising to me. And Catton anywhere outside top-10 seems punitive.

But otherwise, its a solid list. Lucas Pettersson (#23), Hagen Burrows (#24) should be candidates for first round and surprised to see them off many lists. And Buium, Dickinson, Levshunov should be top three dmen selected in top-10 (Silayev, Parekh, Yakemchuk shortly thereafter).

I like it

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
On Parascak, "flashy, sharp stickhandling this season that’s let him dance around opponents"

I am not PG expert, but watch a fair amount of highlights to keep up on Heidt. The description makes TP sound like Gavin Brindley. That is not what I see . He doesn't "dance" when he skates, and while his puck handling is decent, it isn't outstanding, and certainly not flashy, to me. Strengths are his quick release.

I would describe TP's game efficient and timely, with an ability to put the puck in the net. Sort of a poor man's Eiserman. More of, "Wow, he scored again?", than "Wow, look at that move!"

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
There is zero justification for leaving Kiviharju outside the top 100. He is finally back and looks like a first rounder, just like he did before his injury.

Reactions: Nevins

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’ll take a lot of crap cause his list is independent of the CS rankings, most lists we see publicly are based from. Maybe a little high on some of the Europeans for me, but his list is much closer to what you’d find (variance wise) in an NHL front office, since so many teams have basically scrapped Central Scouting altogether, and gone in-house.

It’s funny cause every draft now, we see fans complaining about certain players being drafted too high, but isn’t it funny, those players almost always turn out to be great picks? Almost always from the teams who don’t use Central Scouting at all anymore too. Great example, was Nate Danielson last draft. Most public rankings and mock drafts you’d see publicly, all had him 18-23, but if you talked to most teams, they had him right around Top 10, where he was chosen. Same with Seider. Many teams had him Top 10.

It’s because most of those public/media lists, almost all start from the same Central Scouting core list, and players are just shuffled around slightly. Then whoever’s name is slapped on the list, calls it “their rankings.” Which they’re really just based off of CS.

So that’s why most fans start believing a pick is too high or too low. It’s what they see publicly and start believing it’s somewhat gospel.. It’s just not the reality of the lists the 32 teams are using these days. Or at least a growing number of them.

So give him credit. There’s a thought process behind it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad