• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 20.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't see how Iginla is better than Lindstrom. The Lindstrom "flaws" are the same ones I've heard about Byfield and Slaf. If Columbus for whatever reason passes on him to draft another dman when they already have their top 4 locked up for the foreseeable future, you take Lindstrom. In fact, I think Lindstrom would have gone 2nd OA if he didn't miss a lot of time.

Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I don't see how Iginla is better than Lindstrom. The Lindstrom "flaws" are the same ones I've heard about Byfield and Slaf. If Columbus for whatever reason passes on him to draft another dman when they already have their top 4 locked up for the foreseeable future, you take Lindstrom. In fact, I think Lindstrom would have gone 2nd OA if he didn't miss a lot of time.
I hope KH picks him

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Silayev is still there at 5 Montreal should trade down if they want Iginla. If he is stil there I think Mtl takes him or if not there are teams behind that would be.
The Habs trade down 2-3 spots thinking they can still get Iginla @ 7th or 8th and then the Flames or some other team trades up and steals Iginla right before the Habs can pick.

If you are dialed into taking a certain player best to just take him no matter where you're drafting and live with it and not risk a scenario like above possibly happening and you completely miss out on getting your guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The Habs trade down 2-3 spots thinking they can still get Iginla @ 7th or 8th and then the Flames or some other team trades up and steals Iginla right before the Habs can pick.

If you are dialed into taking a certain player best to just take him no matter where your drafting and live with it and not risk a scenario like above possibly happening and you completely miss out getting on your guy.
not a fan of trading down.
for the reason you just said

Reactions: sheed36

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Dunno if this was provided, but from the Athletic

1715635932750.png

Attachments

• RDT_20240513_1728296600014528360077698.png
    RDT_20240513_1728296600014528360077698.png
    502.2 KB · Views: 0

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If you are dialed into taking a certain player best to just take him no matter where you're drafting and live with it and not risk a scenario like above possibly happening and you completely miss out getting on your guy.
Exactly. If anything, I’m more interested to find out if a 2nd potential top 6 forward can be had, in addition to the one that’s sure to be available with the 5th pick.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
not a fan of trading down.
for the reason you just said
Maybe if the Habs draft list had 3 or 4 guys which they deemed as being equal and they would be ok with either of them than yeah trading down a few spots would be fine.

If you're zeroed in on one guy though and he's the player you really want I wouldn't risk moving down, for what would likely be for just another pick later in the draft. Just take your guy @ 5 and live with your choice.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Basu - Godin

If Silayev is there, I think the Habs consider it. I don't think they think he'll be there.

People need to really need to be prepared for Sennecke to go high. Maybe not 5th, but he's going to go high

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think the only way we don’t take him is if they don’t trust his back. That might be enough to make them go Iginla.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Basu - Godin

If Silayev is there, I think the Habs consider it. I don't think they think he'll be there.

People need to really need to be prepared for Sennecke to go high. Maybe not 5th, but he's going to go high
That's saying nothing about nothing. Every team is going to consider everyone in that 2-10 range if they are there at their spot.

Then they'll all realize the gentleman is in the KHL for 3 more war driven years, and go... Oh... Maybe it doesn't bother them. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad