• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 20.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What ~35 goal scorer on an ELC + RFA years are you getting for our pick? No one is giving you a great, young cost-controlled asset for that pick.
So you don’t think Iginla will need more developing time and will be a 35 goal scorer for each ELC year?

You’re far more likely to get a 60 point forward than a Suzuki.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
For some reason, I'm starting to think that we pick Eiserman if he falls to 5/6/7. I think he's misunderstood, and after doing some reading I think he's emotional but driven and that can be a double-edged sword but the fact that he'd be coached by MSL and led by Suzuki, I think he will avoid becoming an ego-filled player. I think he will be an impactful piece to a contending team, but if a team drafts him hoping to be the guy for their franchise, its a risk. The Habs are in good position to take him, and I could see them doing it just to upset people haha

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So you don’t think Iginla will need more developing time and will be a 35 goal scorer for each ELC year?

You’re far more likely to get a 60 point forward than a Suzuki.
Not what I said. He can contribute on his ELC without hitting his final potential. Like every young player.

You can get a 60 point forward in the sense that a team gives up on them (ie Newhook, Dach). You’re not getting a sure thing. Teams don’t just trade that. Plus you have other picks to make that move. Jets selection, extra picks in 2025.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
What ~35 goal scorer on an ELC + RFA years are you getting for our pick? No one is giving you a great, young cost-controlled asset for that pick.
Upside production in their prime ( 22 to 28 years old healthy...my opinion:

80 to 100 points:

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton

60 to 80 points:
Lindstrom
Iginla
Helenius

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
lol 3 100 point players? Come on man.
I am not saying that they will reach it at the same season. I am talking about upside.

If the offense still like this year in the NHL when we saw about 10 , 100 points players....I mean those 3 could reach it one day but 80 points is gonna be a normality for them in their prime in my view

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
For some reason, I'm starting to think that we pick Eiserman if he falls to 5/6/7. I think he's misunderstood, and after doing some reading I think he's emotional but driven and that can be a double-edged sword but the fact that he'd be coached by MSL and led by Suzuki, I think he will avoid becoming an ego-filled player. I think he will be an impactful piece to a contending team, but if a team drafts him hoping to be the guy for their franchise, its a risk. The Habs are in good position to take him, and I could see them doing it just to upset people haha
I don't think Eiseerman fits the mould of the types of players the HuGo regime have drafted/acquired...both in terms of multidimensional 200 foot play and personality.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I am not saying that they will reach it at the same season. I am talking about upside.

If the offense still like this year in the NHL when we saw about 10 , 100 points players....I mean those 3 could reach it one day but 80 points is gonna be a normality for them in their prime in my view
When’s the last time the top of a draft produced 3 such forwards? And this is a draft that isn’t known for it’s high end forward quality either.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Think Habs take Sennecke at 5?
It's becoming a consideration. Hard to ignore that combination of size, skill and skating. The only knock on him right now is he didn't have a good first half of the year.

He's having an outstanding playoffs for anyone paying attention. Maybe a slight trade down and take him around 9 or 10? I could hear out an argument for him at 5 though. I don't think the top tier of forwards in this draft have first line upside other than Celebrini and Demidov. So if the Habs took a Sennecke or Greentree early, I wouldn't kill them for it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's becoming a consideration. Hard to ignore that combination of size, skill and skating. The only knock on him right now is he didn't have a good first half of the year.

He's having an outstanding playoffs for anyone paying attention. Maybe a slight trade down and take him around 9 or 10? I could hear out an argument for him at 5 though. I don't think the top tier of forwards in this draft have first line upside other than Celebrini and Demidov. So if the Habs took a Sennecke or Greentree early, I wouldn't kill them for it.
I would be pretty upset with Greentree there. At least I see that Sennecke has all of the tools. Greentree lacks the skating.

There is 30 players with at least 80 points this season.
All from the same draft? Highly impressive. I wish the Habs had a pick that draft.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
When’s the last time the top of a draft produced 3 such forwards? And this is a draft that isn’t known for it’s high end forward quality either.
Just one example but Draisaitl, Reinhart, Pastrnak, Fiala, Nylander, Larkin, Kempe and Ehlers.

Petterson, Hischier, Suzuki, Robertson, Thomas, Necas, Batherson.

Matthews, Tkachuk, Keller, Thompson.

Mcdavid, Eichel, Marner, Rantanen, Aho, Connor, Barzal, Kaprizov

It happens pretty much every year lol;.

Reactions: TCIH and crosbyshow

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I would be pretty upset with Greentree there. At least I see that Sennecke has all of the tools. Greentree lacks the skating.

All from the same draft? Highly impressive. I wish the Habs had a pick that draft.
Yeah, Greentree would be more of an option for me in a trade down.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

I was trying to be ok with you..and you still act like a jerk...

Jf you dont like Catton ..good...but repect those who like him and btw...with those 30 players many of them are.on the same drafts 2014, 2015, 2017...etc..

Reactions: bcv

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I was trying to be ok with you..and you still act like a jerk...

Jf you dont like Catton ..good...but repect those who like him and btw...with those 30 players many of them are.on the same drafts 2014, 2015, 2017...etc..
Well you answered my question by pointing to a completely different fact that had nothing to do with my point. Avoid the question, you get an unserious answer.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Well you answered my question by pointing to a completely different fact that had nothing to do with my point. Avoid the question, you get an unserious answer.
Mrb1p answered it and you are wrong and the most important thing..you will might be wrong with Catton ..let's see in 5 years buddy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
And Caufield did?
Caufield's more than just a shooter. He's more elusive than Eiserman and finds his way to to open areas. Besides, Caufield is already in our lineup and isn't available in the June draft.

Also you didn't bold my mention of personality. It's very important that this regime believes whoever we draft in the top 7 will fit with the culture they are building whether or not you disagree with them on this criteria.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I agree, for me the two best Dmen are LHD, i.e. Buium Dickinson. So if they are gone / not considered by mgmt, I d likely pick the BPA forward. That being said if they think Parekh is the next Makar, they may go for him.

I don t think he does that because it is a reputation game. Here it would be outright lying, this is a line he has not crossed yet.
Watching him I think of Rod Langway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad