Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Again, never said anything about consistency, just upside production, but before 2019 (where players are basically just entering that 22-28 window), you have to go back to 2012 and 2008 before that to find a year where 3+ players in the top 10 didn't hit 80-100+ points
If you hit 80 points one year and 60 every other season, you’re not an 80 point player. Jonathan Cheechoo was not a 50 goal scorer. He’s a goal scorer that happened to hit that mark once.

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
25 if all the final four are not NYR, DAL, CAR, WPG

Won't happen though.
We can still get to 23 or 24, because disivision winners that finished below the Jets in the standings and that also don't make the conference finals get seeded after them in the draft order. But 23 is looking impossible as it would require NYI or washington to make the conference finals. 24 requires Boston or Toronto to beat Florida ( or Tampa to), plus a bunch of other things...

Reactions: stanley25

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
If you hit 80 points one year and 60 every other season, you’re not an 80 point player. Jonathan Cheechoo was not a 50 goal scorer. He’s a goal scorer that happened to hit that mark once.
Except that's just semantics. Cheechoo scored 50 goals, therefore he is a 50 goal scorer. If you win one cup in your career are you not a cup winner? Is Gretzky not a 90 goal scorer?

Reactions: Saxon

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
That's not how the bridge builder fable works though...

Reactions: Saxon

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Except that's just semantics. Cheechoo scored 50 goals, therefore he is a 50 goal scorer. If you win one cup in your career are you not a cup winner? Is Gretzky not a 90 goal scorer?
That’s exactly how it works when you’re drafting. I’m hoping for a player that gives me 80 points consistently. Not one that gives me 80 points one season and then goes to the AHL. Wtf is good in that

When someone says “they have 80-100 point potential” it means they will hit that mark fairly consistently. If not I can just say every player has 1-250 point potential and I guess I’ll be right.

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
I feel we need to add size and toughness to out bottom 6, because if you do players like caufield or drafting a catton don't make our team feel or look small

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
What would you jabronis rather?

Stay put and take Lindstrom 5th ov + whomever is ranked around WPG's pick

Or

Trade down and take leftover top 10 dman + Sennecke with newly acquired mid teens pick from trade down.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the Habs thought the forwards were on the same level as the top LD’s in the draft, Hughes wouldn’t of made that comment about trading down.

Hughes doesn't know when the habs will pick and who will be available.

The habs could pick 7th post lottery and the first 6 players drafted could be all forwards/RD. So Hughes comment doesn't mean at all that they prefer the LD over the forwards in this draft.

The habs also haven't compiled their final list yet.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
What would you jabronis rather?

Stay put and take Lindstrom 5th ov + whomever is ranked around WPG's pick

Or

Trade down and take leftover top 10 dman + Sennecke with newly acquired mid teens pick from trade down.
Door #3, stay at 5 and trade up with WPGs pick

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Door #3, stay at 5 and trade up with WPGs pick
FXA9Fa2.png

• Haha
Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
95% we are getting FLA pick next year so probably just a late 1st like this year unless CGY somehow doesn’t suck next year (they will).

Gotta pray to the hockey gods that Huberdeau turns it around and has just enough of an amazing year to have the Flames not finish in the bottom 10, but still miss the playoffs. It's a long shot with the way they played this season, but I still hope thy finish between between 11th-15th last.

It would give us two picks more than likely in that 10-16 range as I expect the Habs to be fighting for a playoff spot (or closer to one) next season.

One can dream :D

Reactions: McGees

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
FC Hockey released their pre-lottery mock draft.

They have us picking Lindstrom at 5 which obviously I'm more than fine with.

Interestingly enough, most publications finally have Iginla firmly in the top 10 now. Some of the fluctuations between the sites are insane though. It's really that close after Celebrini. Some sites have certain prospects going as high as Top 5 in their mock drafts and the same player going 10th-15th on others.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Eiserman has shattered scoring records at every level as Caufield did:
Caufield hasn't shattered any scoring record in the NHL and it doesn't look like he ever will. BTW, I thought he would. As Hughes (and even Timmins) mentioned several times, they're looking for players who will be the best in 5 years, not now in juniors.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Caufield hasn't shattered any scoring record in the NHL and it doesn't look like he ever will. BTW, I thought he would. As Hughes (and even Timmins) mentioned several times, they're looking for players who will be the best in 5 years, not now in juniors.
Caufield had his best season yet, I expect he’ll score 35G next year on the way to become a consistent 35-40G player.

It’s about showing steady growth at NHL level which he’s doing - w Hutson set to provide PP QB infusion, I expect Caufield to be the biggest individual benefactor, who knows if he can dare I say close in on 50G?

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Teams overlooked Bossy for the same reasons they’re overlooking Eiserman.
No, not quite right. Scouts overlooked Bossy because they thought he couldn't play defence. No scout ever claimed Bossy was a perimeter player, soft, or a one-trick pony (his shot). If any scout had said as much, Al Arbour would have asked for another player.

Aside from that, I think it's ridiculous when talking about Eiserman to bring up one of (if not the) greatest goal-scorers ever to play the game. Let's bring this conversation down to reality.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
FC Hockey released their pre-lottery mock draft.

They have us picking Lindstrom at 5 which obviously I'm more than fine with.

Interestingly enough, most publications finally have Iginla firmly in the top 10 now. Some of the fluctuations between the sites are insane though. It's really that close after Celebrini. Some sites have certain prospects going as high as Top 5 in their mock drafts and the same player going 10th-15th on others.
“He truly is a unicorn bringing both elite skill and size to the table..." Brody Melsted

Must have gone to the Bobrov School of Scout Reporting or this is Bobrov moonlighting because Molson is too cheap to pay a living wage to his staff.

Reactions: Rozz

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Excellent point! At first, I thought you were wrong but I did check. Who thunk it? You are right.
Despite what some posters in here keep saying "every team have ppg players but us"...the truth is that this season there was only 28 players with 80+ points. And they were spread over half the teams since they usually come in pair and sometimes trios.

And all mostly in teams who went through a rebuild in the last 10 years.

Reactions: vokiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad