Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.2%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

MM425

Aug 14, 2005

And y'all say Catton's a pushover. He's solid on his feet.

Wow … it’s a short clip but looks like Catton got the better of him giving up an inch or two and about 15 pounds. Does not look to me like this was his first time dropping the gloves either. Pretty uncommon for a top CHL scoring forward to show this kind of sandpaper.

I would be ecstatic if we got him at 5.

Reactions: Rozz

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Yeah, like what exactly? Because I watched Perry in 2003 and I don’t see how they are similar. Perry was slow even for pre-lockout standards, which is why he was rated lower. A true Dale Hunter player - do whatever it takes to win. Silky mitts near the crease is how he got his goals.

Sennecke is fast, not afraid of contact but not an initiator, and he plays up high on the PP, not net front.

I just don’t see it. I prefer the Rick Nash comparison even though Nash was a bulldozer, he was far more finesse like Sennecke.
You misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Many aspects to the game overall. I listed the two things I see as similar. His stickhandling and size. Many other aspects that are not similar. Le whew! Settle down mon ami

Reactions: Rozz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Many aspects to the game overall. I listed the two things I see as similar. His stickhandling and size. Many other aspects that are not similar. Le whew! Settle down mon ami
I’m settled down, I was just genuinely curious if I was missing something.

Reactions: waitin425

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
In regards to Pronman's rankings, I think those are a legit possibility.

SJ - No brainer they are taking Celebrini

Chicago - In my opinion, based on their prospect pool, they are going D. My guess is they are putting the Demidov talk out to see if they can get a haul worth moving back if someone desperately wants him.

Anaheim - Since Verbeek came around, he's wanted guys with size and grit. He's traded Drysdale and there are plenty of rumours about trading Zegras, so wouldn't be surprised to see him go for Silayev.

Columbus - Johnson, Sillinger and Jiricek have had some ups and downs since being drafted, I think Columbus will go with a safer pick rather than a higher ceiling player with a chance to bust. Dickinson makes lots of sense as he looks like a guy with a very high chance of being a pro who can log big minutes and be a stable partner to help Jiricek to reach his potential.

Reactions: RandomTask26

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Usually, the only reason we see players with more upside is because of how they look like now. As, we are not talking about a Sennecke at 220 but 170. Which means more growth. While you look at MBN and feel he already has the body of a NHL'er. But....it doesn't mean the tangent that both players will take skillswise.

Frankly people were happy at 5....I wasn't. It was 1, 2, or 7. 'Cause at 7, you might feel more at ease to really pick BPA even if it's Buium. And or can trade back a little without thinking you give too much.

At 5 there's a chance Demidov or Lindstrom is available.

At 7 there's 0 chance.

5 is looking pretty damn good and we all should be very happy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We love 1st rounders. So instead of trading down our pick for 2 picks in the 1st round....I suspect we get 1 pick in the 1st round and....an ex-1st rounder....

For example....how much would Calgary be willing to pay for our 5th....their 9th and...Pelletier? We add something and they add....Coronato? lol. Bigger deal involving Pospisil who is the flavour of the month?

Devils....10th and Holtz? For our 5th and something? All depends of the other teams interest of moving up....but I think that moving down for 2 picks....only Calgary can do it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Again, Lindstrom was on pace for 57 goals. Let’s say he doesn’t get hurt and he “just” gets 50. A 6’4 215 lbs Canadian centre with 50 goals is easily the consensus 2nd rated player in this draft. The decision at 5 is easy if he’s there.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
At 5 there's a chance Demidov or Lindstrom is available.

At 7 there's 0 chance.

5 is looking pretty damn good and we all should be very happy.
I don,t see it for Demidov. He won't be there. Lindstrom might...but I have my doubts for Lindstrom as far as how he can be developed into. I have no doubts for Buium. No doubt for Dickinson though. But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wow … it’s a short clip but looks like Catton got the better of him giving up an inch or two and about 15 pounds. Does not look to me like this was his first time dropping the gloves either. Pretty uncommon for a top CHL scoring forward to show this kind of sandpaper.

I would be ecstatic if we got him at 5.
Catton had a black eye the next day tho

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Again, Lindstrom was on pace for 57 goals. Let’s say he doesn’t get hurt and he “just” gets 50. A 6’4 215 lbs Canadian centre with 50 goals is easily the consensus 2nd rated player in this draft. The decision at 5 is easy if he’s there.
If everybody takes the on pace seriously....there's NO WAY he's there at 5. No matter the needs.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If everybody takes the on pace seriously....there's NO WAY he's there at 5. No matter the needs.
I have a feeling he’s going to Chicago honestly. When you have that many small forwards in your pipeline and already spent a lot of draft assets on defencemen, he seems to be the obvious fit. Either he’s your big 2C behind Bedard for a sick 1-2 punch down the middle, or he’s moved to Bedard’s wing. The fit makes too much sense.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have a feeling he’s going to Chicago honestly. When you have that many small forwards in your pipeline and already spent a lot of draft assets on defencemen, he seems to be the obvious fit. Either he’s your big 2C behind Bedard for a sick 1-2 punch down the middle, or he’s moved to Bedard’s wing. The fit makes too much sense.

Maybe but they have nothing on the right side of their defense. Generally teams will go right shot d over the forward, then you have Lindstrom sample size.

Chicago can look to next year and feel confident to get size up front with that pick.

Reactions: Rozz and jaffy27

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
No doubt that's a nice top4, but those young D that we'd trade won't get us the kind of quality forward that 5OA can net us. We risk missing out on our last chance to add a core piece at forward, and the Habs desperately need to cement themselves as a team that is led by its forwards. They say you build from the net out, yes, but if you can't finish off the build with elite scoring up front, you'll always be lacking. This in turn leads to GMs having to overpay and chase scoring forwards.
With three or four of the best d in the league. Assuming Hutson makes it. A lot of forward ufas will become quite interested.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe but they have nothing on the right side of their defense. Generally teams will go right shot d over the forward, then you have Lindstrom sample size.

Chicago can look to next year and feel confident to get size up front with that pick.
They locked up Jones for forever, they are stuck with him. They also seem to like Rinzel. Vlasic with Jones to cover his mistakes and Rinzel with Korchinski. It works

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
One scout on Bob's list had him 5, 2 others top 10.
Pronman has mentioned him at 5 with Habs.
Grant obviously (hate the guy but he's got contacts)
Basu just mentioned it on his pod.
FWIW - McCagg has called 3-of last-4 Habs 1st round picks iirc. So he’s getting leaked info somehow

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
IMO, the Habs will draft Demidov at 5 if available, or move up to draft him, if a trading partner and a reasonable price can be found. He is a unique talent, and they will take the chance that his game translates to the NHL.

Outside of these things happening, you can take it to the bank that Iginla will be the pick. Anything else that you are hearing is misinformation, likely put out by the Habs to create a fog-like situation around their preference. The Habs don't particularly need a center; they traded for Dach and they clearly like him in the middle of the ice. They are looking for a scorer than can thrive under the pressure of the Montreal market. They are looking for character and an all-around player committed to playing a team-like game involving sacrifice, smart and physical abilities. They are looking for a player who can raise their game in the big moments. Iginla is the only player that check all these boxes IMO, especially the very important one regarding dealing with the Montreal market. I don't see maturity/smart when I hear Sennecke talks, and Lindstrom's physical gifts are clouding many people's judgment.

Reactions: PhysicX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad