Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I realize this might be a hot take and not age well, but I hope we take Lindstrom over Demidov if we have our choice. I believe he fills a bigger need.

• Wow
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
McCagg is awful. Think of himself way too high. Has often stupid takes, i mean insane.

But...yeah...the ONLY thing he has is contacts. While the guy sometimes seem to portrait as if he has himself a player that high.....it's not true. What is true is that he hears things from people. So it's pretty clear to me that Sennecke is indeed in play at 5.
Snake is also borderline awful. Sometimes he has good insight, but most of the time, he's super stubborn on the prospects he like. For example, his unjustified obsession with Trevor Connelly is insane.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Scott Wheeler on Sennecke:

"Everyone saw the skill and the potential, but as one OHL coach told me, he had a lot of bad habits he needed to break, a tendency to play one-on-one too much, and wavering competitiveness. There were also benchings and off-ice questions."

"We’re just a month and a half out from that and there’s no way Sennecke is available outside the top 20 anymore. Some teams are having top-10 conversations about him.

A lot of that has just been about the consistency of his effort level, his competitiveness beginning to shine through, and the skill showing up more often because he’s more involved in games and make better choices in terms of play selection."
Sorry too many questions for a top 5 pick. Take the sure star forward or d man.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A player like Demidov would be perfect for MTL market which craves that kind of skill.
Men would want to name their sons Ivan.
Women would get pregnant watching his dekes.
Jeez, what are women in that scenario — shallow birthing machines that you activate on command?

Which couch do you want to sleep on tonight? :sarcasm:

Sure, I’d do the name thing — Ivan GrosPlakov Fulldov.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
There really isn’t much separating them, imo. They’re different for sure, but similar calibre of prospects in that I see both as projecting to be middle-six players. Both would be bad picks at 5th overall. I’d give the edge to Helenius though due to better work ethic, drive, and IQ, and he’s more well rounded. Sennecke definitely has some better tools (key word: some), but has more deficiencies.
These are not top 5 picks. Smells of Timmmins first round picks. If thats all that’s left you take the gauranteed top 2 d man.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
A player like Demidov would be perfect for MTL market which craves that kind of skill.
Men would want to name their sons Ivan.
Women would get pregnant watching his dekes.
Well that’s a bit gross.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Maybe Silayev over Demidov …..man, this is gonna be a long 6 weeks lol
Detroit 2.0. Bowman understood that

Snake is also borderline awful. Sometimes he has good insight, but most of the time, he's super stubborn on the prospects he like. For example, his unjustified obsession with Trevor Connelly is insane.
Snake and Flynn are absolute hot garbage with their takes.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The last sub 6'0 players the ducks picked with their highest draft pick are.

Jamie Drysdale 2020 - No longer with the team

and

Stanislav Chistov - 2001

Is Demidov so much better then Lindstrom that they are willing to break their rule again? we shall see.

Personally think they go Levshunov though.

Edit- Meant to quote @bsl

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Silayev is the 6'7 guy who can skate, but he's not mean, the offense is pedestrian, you're looking more at Carlo there or late career Chara who couldn't put up points or dominate physically.
Not only that, but to break out the measuring tape like that, to the exclusion of all else, including game breaking offensive talent, is to repeat the same bias for defensemen (given they are taller than forwards on average) that starves us for goals, despite one of the top-scoring defensive corps, expecting a different outcome. The very definition of insanity.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Sorry too many questions for a top 5 pick. Take the sure star forward or d man.
I interpreted it to mean he answered the questions...broke the bad habits, responded to the benchings, brought more consistent compete level, better play selection/decisions. Now that he has answered all this, the scout being quoted mentions there is no way anyone will get him outside the top 20 now and some have him in their top 10.

I see all the above as positives. This is what you want to see from a kid in his draft year. Maturity in his play and in his character. Upward trajectory.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The last sub 6'0 players the ducks picked with their highest draft pick are.

Jamie Drysdale 2020 - No longer with the team

and

Stanislav Chistov - 2001

Is Demidov so much better then Lindstrom that they are willing to break their rule again? we shall see.

Personally think they go Levshunov though.

Edit- Meant to quote @bsl
I don’t see how they go with a forward. McTavish, Carlsson, Zegras, Gauthier, Terry, Colangelo, Pastujov. Meanwhile on defence they only have Mintyukov and Zellweger.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I believe you have the Failed Anger Management guy, soothsayer “Basus” and even Eric “How Deep Can I Get My Head Into This Cavity” Engels, all on the same page with the Habs’ prospective early pick.

These guys seem to get nuggets of truth that most others don’t, when it comes to Habs management.
It’s clear Arpon Basu gets tidbits and likely directly from Hughes.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Scouts are the worst traitors. They’re paid by one team for supposedly exclusive services but they’re feeding their peers and some of them are even emptying the bag for BobbyMac.

I don’t believe the Dallas scouts are talking much though otherwise other teams would have gotten aboard their late pick gravy train and foiled them.
Jim Nill has been Stars GM since 2013 draft and his record first few years was quite mediocre - Nichushkin @ 10OA was a bust. Hintz pick in 2015, 2017 & 2021 drafts have redeemed his tenure

If Chicago pass on Demidov, Anaheim won't... Demidov is want they miss (a élite winger)
There is no chance Verbeek doesn’t draft one of Levshunov or Silayev

Reactions: Rozz

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I interpreted it to mean he answered the questions...broke the bad habits, responded to the benchings, brought more consistent compete level, better play selection/decisions. Now that he has answered all this, the scout being quoted mentions there is no way anyone will get him outside the top 20 now and some have him in their top 10.

I see all the above as positives. This is what you want to see from a kid in his draft year. Maturity in his play and in his character. Upward trajectory.
Yep.

And the habs wouldn’t be interested if he had some character issues.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
I’d be happy if Pronman goes 3/3 and once again predicts this year’s Montreal Canadiens pick.

1. San Jose Sharks: Macklin Celebrini, C, Boston University-Hockey East​

Celebrini is the consensus No. 1 pick. The Sharks GM has basically said that’s who they’re taking. We can move on.

2. Chicago Blackhawks: Artyom Levshunov, RHD, Michigan State-Big Ten​

Our colleague Scott Powers believes it’s down to Levshunov or SKA winger Ivan Demidov for Chicago. Both are great prospects, but history has shown if it’s close the NHL team often will lean to the big defenseman over the smaller winger.

3. Anaheim Ducks: Anton Silayev, LHD, Torpedo-KHL​

Anaheim is sitting in a great position because of how talented their group of young forwards are and the collection of high-end defense prospects at the top of this draft. Whether it’s Levshunov, Silayev or Sam Dickinson, the Ducks are in a great spot to leave with a big, mobile defenseman. Silayev as a huge and mean defender fits in very well with the kind of team GM Pat Verbeek wants to build. The league thinks if they go forward it would be for Cayden Lindstrom.

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: Sam Dickinson, LHD, London-OHL​

The Blue Jackets could go in a few different directions. They’ve added forwards and defensemen high in the draft in recent years although if I had to pick a need for them it would be more defensive depth. Silayev or Dickinson feel like ideal adds for them for that reason based on need and best player available. They’re not in such a bind on defense though that this pick could easily be Ivan Demidov or Cayden Lindstrom up front.

5. Montreal Canadiens: Ivan Demidov, LW, SKA-KHL​

The draft breaking this way would be ideal for the Canadiens, who many in the league believe want to add a forward in this draft. They would have their pick of Demidov, Cayden Lindstrom, Beckett Sennecke and others. Demidov is considered the second-best forward in the draft by many and would fit a need for the Habs.

• Love
Reactions: habsfan891 and Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad