• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
The habs need pure skills

If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone they should take Sennecke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin11

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I can't see Sennecke going 5

In fact for now, Sennecke hasnt received a single on any HF Team mock draft except for the habs pick... I think people are bit bandwagon crazy here.

Lindstrom at 5 then go wild with a bundle of picks to get Catton when he's falling in the #11-15 range due to his size.

Catton-Suzuki-Slaf
Lindstrom-Dach-Caufield

:naughty:

f*** it, i’m on team Lindstrom before Demidov.

I like demidov, don’t get me wrong here, i won’t be mad if we draft him. But with Dach not being able to play more than 40 games a year, we need more depth at center. Newhook ain’t gonna cut it if he has to replace Dach. Suzuki needs help to protect him from top defender. If Dach goes down once again, at least Lindstrom can come and replace him no problem in a couple of years and Newhook can stay as 3rd line center or on the wing. We have poor top 6 center depth in our pool.

Lets draft Silayev and convert him to a Center! :sarcasm:

In fact, The hype is real on Zeev Buium even on picks 2 to 4 and there's a lot of talks about Silayev too. I would not be surprise to see one of them been our pick and Lane Hutson been traded for a center a la Robert Thomas. then you can put Dach on the RW where he should be and you'll also consider to put back Newhook on a 3rd liner role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs7631

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Him too.

But at this point i’d take skills + size
Sennecke and Catton both scored 55 pts in their D-1.

Catton (+61 pts) almost doubled Sennecke’s (+13 pts) production in their draft year on a garbage team (granted, it’s not the same league but similar enough), and most see Sennecke as the riser and Catton as the faller because Sennecke grew a few inches. This is wild to me.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Him too.

But at this point i’d take skills + size

Best Skill/Size combo to me is Tij Iginla. Sennecke is close behind him but Tij has a better all around game IMO.

Catton would be mostly skill. Not terribly soft but I probably maxes out around 185 lbs. Someone like Tij will probably be 6'-1" and 200+ lbs.

If Demidov slips, it would be a difficult decision for me between him and Tij. I'm not sold on Lindstrom one bit. Risky pick for me.

I'd rank the forwards this way:
* Demidov and Iggy. Edge to Demidov
* Catton and Sennecke. Edge to Catton but this is another close one. I really like Sennecke too.
* Lindstrom, Eiserman, Helenius

Reactions: SnapVirus

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Sennecke and Catton both scored 55 pts in their D-1.

Catton (+61 pts) almost doubled Sennecke’s (+13 pts) production in their draft year on a garbage team (granted, it’s not the same league but similar enough), and most see Sennecke as the riser and Catton as the faller because Sennecke grew a few inches. This is wild to me.
I’m not saying i don’t like Catton. I like him a lot, i just don’t think he’s a target for the habs.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Best Skill/Size combo to me is Tij Iginla. Sennecke is close behind him but Tij has a better all around game IMO.

Catton would be mostly skill. Not terribly soft but I probably maxes out around 185 lbs. Someone like Tij will probably be 6'-1" and 200+ lbs.

If Demidov slips, it would be a difficult decision for me between him and Tij. I'm not sold on Lindstrom one bit. Risky pick for me.

I'd rank the forwards this way:
* Demidov and Iggy. Edge to Demidov
* Catton and Sennecke. Edge to Catton but this is another close one. I really like Sennecke too.
* Lindstrom, Eiserman, Helenius

Don’t get me wrong, Iginla is skilled but he is not a guy i’m thinking about when we talk about pure skills.

Sennecke’s hands are magical, his backhand shot is so nice to watch he’ll beat defenders 1 on 1, drive the play and create some incredible plays.

To me, i’d take Sennecke everytime

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The more I watch Sennecke, the more nervous I get. Upright skating with his head down trying to dangle is a recipe for CTE in his future from being blasted by NHL Defensemen. Definitely talented but man oh man he leaves himself open for punishment.

Reactions: badfish and Redux91

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The more I watch Sennecke, the more nervous I get. Upright skating with his head down trying to dangle is a recipe for CTE in his future from being blasted by NHL Defensemen. Definitely talented but man oh man he leaves himself open for punishment.
He just doesn't have the hands to be a top 10 pick imho.

Reactions: Rozz

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Watching the playoffs as much as you need physicality the team is going nowhere if they don’t have high end special teams especially PP. Maybe Hutson and a healthy Dach help us but our 2nd unit is meh at best, need some skills to help that out

Oh and maybe we can trade for a NHL quality PP coach

Reactions: habsfan891 and Rozz

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Does the combine affect the draft rank much ?

for exemple: Cameron Allen killed it in the combine and that did not help him going up in the ranks.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
f*** it, i’m on team Lindstrom before Demidov.

I like demidov, don’t get me wrong here, i won’t be mad if we draft him. But with Dach not being able to play more than 40 games a year, we need more depth at center. Newhook ain’t gonna cut it if he has to replace Dach. Suzuki needs help to protect him from top defender. If Dach goes down once again, at least Lindstrom can come and replace him no problem in a couple of years and Newhook can stay as 3rd line center or on the wing. We have poor top 6 center depth in our pool.

And once again, this year playoffs prooves that Big skill players are the way to go. It’s amazing how many small players who are elite in sesson becomes ghost in playoffs.

This is how I feel too

Reactions: Hannibal

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
He just doesn't have the hands to be a top 10 pick imho.
If the Habs were picking 9th-12th I'd feel more comfortable taking Sennecke there than @ 5.

It's just that maybe reaching a bit (going by draft rankings) to possibly take Sennecke @ 5 means the Habs will have passed over some damn good players mostly because these players play a position the Habs feel they're already strong at and that kinda irks me since they'd be going by need again.

It shouldn't be much longer now and we'll get a name or 2 leaking through the MTL media setting us up for which player the Habs will likely pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad