Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
The problem with Lindstrom is he might pull a Daze injury wise and then there's hockey iq issues so he's not the most skilled guy at that position imo (too bad he had to get injured and missed a big chunk of development and exposure). These are two main reasons I'm not too keen on drafting him any longer, like I initially wanted after if Demidov was gone. That being said I really won't mind if we do end up taking him. He's a big wildcard in this draft thoigh imo.

I'm thinking (or maybe hoping) we're going to go less questionmarks and pure skill here at forward so if not Demidov at 5 then give me Catton, who cares if he's not 6ft tall seriously.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
As I was instructed today you can't look at it that way
Defenseman could take years to develop

Maybe so, but Dickinson looks damn good to me. Top pairing good.

Quite possible he’s already gone by pick 5, so my concern is moot.

But I see meh in Struble, Barron and I fear injury-prone with Guhle. Like Hutson’s trajectory and what he brings, and I’m an Arber fan. Mailloux…I have hope there. Ditto Reinbacher.

It’s not a sure-fire group. And I see no hand-wringing dilemma in (finally) having too much talent at ANY position. Haven’t seen Habs confronted with that ‘problem’ since I was in my teens.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If the Habs were picking 9th-12th I'd feel more comfortable taking Sennecke there than @ 5.

It's just that maybe reaching a bit (going by draft rankings) to possibly take Sennecke @ 5 means the Habs will have passed over some damn good players mostly because these players play a position the Habs feel they're already strong at and that kinda irks me since they'd be going by need again.

It shouldn't be much longer now and we'll get a name or 2 leaking through the MTL media setting us up for which player the Habs will likely pick.

There are no names that "leak" into the media......can we please stop with this ridiculous narrative. It crops up every spring like a bad rash.

If you think that this stuff leaks out of the organization you are dead wrong, you are conflating media consensus with actual facts.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The interviews they do can, not sure about the physicals.
It was mentioned a few Combine ago that teams look at wingspam for dmen and I think a few players who lied about their height fell a few ranks after the Combine set them a few inch shorter. Also, a few players have been drafted on them being superb athletes, but teams usually knows that before the Combine.

Reactions: vokiel
Apr 28, 2010
The problem with Lindstrom is he might pull a Daze injury wise and then there's hockey iq issues so he's not the most skilled guy at that position imo (too bad he had to get injured and missed a big chunk of development and exposure). These are two main reasons I'm not too keen on drafting him any longer, like I initially wanted after if Demidov was gone. That being said I really won't mind if we do end up taking him. He's a big wildcard in this draft thoigh imo.

I'm thinking (or maybe hoping) we're going to go less questionmarks and pure skill here at forward so if not Demidov at 5 then give me Catton, who cares if he's not 6ft tall seriously.
Damn. He seems like the perfect fit but I'm starting to get Evander Kane 2.0 vibes from him. We can't afford to have another injury-prone player. We already have Dach for that.

Iginla might really be our guy.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015

If we are afraid of drafting hockey players who have been injured then we will never draft again. Injuries happen...it is a tough sport.

Damn. He seems like the perfect fit but I'm starting to get Evander Kane 2.0 vibes from him. We can't afford to have another injury-prone player. We already have Dach for that.

Iginla might really be our guy.
Dach's injuries were one-offs and none were related to anything chronic or recurring...get over it. Tough sport and luck. If this is what keeps you up at night then you should be more concerned about Xhekaj and his shoulders.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Can we speak about the pick received from the Jets or we are gonna go another 500 pages on Sennecke, Lindstrom, Iginla or any defenseman?

Since I didnt follow much that draft, what could be a potential target in your eyes? I could see a trade to improve a bit like they did with Miller in New York or Schneider for a player they targeted.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Maybe so, but Dickinson looks damn good to me. Top pairing good.

Quite possible he’s already gone by pick 5, so my concern is moot.

But I see meh in Struble, Barron and I fear injury-prone with Guhle. Like Hutson’s trajectory and what he brings, and I’m an Arber fan. Mailloux…I have hope there. Ditto Reinbacher.

It’s not a sure-fire group. And I see no hand-wringing dilemma in (finally) having too much talent at ANY position. Haven’t seen Habs confronted with that ‘problem’ since I was in my teens.
I agree with you @BeliveauFan4ever

I'm very confident in Dickinson and whoever drafts him will be getting a really solid player. I also see a top pairing dman in him.

If KH and the Habs feel he is the BPA they will select him, I'm fairly confident in that. There are strong cases to be made for a lot of the guys in the top 15, so it will come down to which player the Habs feel has something special and can become an impact NHLer. At the end of the day, that's what will matter most, and so hopefully their process works well.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Ok it’s in the MHL and it’s only highlights but i watched this kid all year and he was so much fun to watch.

i think he’ll go higher than some think like Daniil But last draft but if he’s still there after the 15th pick i would pray the habs trade up with the winnipeg pick. Feel like he could be a steal.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Can we speak about the pick received from the Jets or we are gonna go another 500 pages on Sennecke, Lindstrom, Iginla or any defenseman?

Since I didnt follow much that draft, what could be a potential target in your eyes? I could see a trade to improve a bit like they did with Miller in New York or Schneider for a player they targeted.
I think they'll get a real solid player at pick 24-27. I would lean towards keeping that pick, personally.

Reactions: Habs7631

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will have 2 more lists before my final top 50, 75 or 100. But right now, here's my top 32. I still have to look at a lot of players in that list before draft day....

1-Celebrini
2-Demidov
3-Iginla
4-Catton
5-Buium
6-Parekh
7-Levshunov
8-Lindstrom
9-Dickinson
10-Sennecke
11-Yakemchuck
12-Silyaev
13-Eiserman
14-Brandseeg-Nygard
15-Helenius
16-Connolly
17-Hage
18-Solberg
19-Chernyshov
20-Mustard
21-Boisvert
22-Ritchie
23-Badinka
24-Emery
25-Kiviharju
26-Jiricek
27-Mews
28-Basha
29-Artamonov
30-Greentree
31-Hutson
32-Surin

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The more I watch Sennecke, the more nervous I get. Upright skating with his head down trying to dangle is a recipe for CTE in his future from being blasted by NHL Defensemen. Definitely talented but man oh man he leaves himself open for punishment.

I remember when Slafkovsky was supposed to be in the morgue after his rookie year because of his awareness. I think we already have a case study where this isn't an issue, nor do I think it actually is one as I haven't seen that at all, he was a smaller kid who kept his head up until his growth spurt. He doesn't have the bad habits Tall kids have.

You might as well be worried about Iginla getting his head knocked off trying to cut into the crease from a stand still.

He just doesn't have the hands to be a top 10 pick imho.

If he doesn't then only Demidov does and every team should forfeit their top 10 selection.

Passing on Dickinson at 5 would be a mistake.

We have a lot of LD, unproven LD.

Dickinson has proven even less. He hasn't even played a NHL game.

Does the combine affect the draft rank much ?

for exemple: Cameron Allen killed it in the combine and that did not help him going up in the ranks.

Only if you are Trevof Timmins

It's harder to project who will be there but I'd say these are names to think about

Jett Luchanko
Yegor Surin
Dean Letourneau
Sacha Boisvert
Michael Hage

Million dollar question at every draft.

I wonder what the ask might have been for the Habs to move up one slot last year.

Probably our first this year unprotected. Like it would have had to be silly.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I think people underrated the offensive potential of Tij Iginla, to me he looks like a 30-35, even 40 goalscorer at NHL level. This guy is a very very good sniper. Everything else of his game is very solid aswell.

This guy is a top 5 talent and that will be very dumb by Habs to pass on him if Lindstrom, Leshunov or Demidov are not there at 5.

Reactions: Naslund

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Who did you watch? It’s clearly not Sennecke…

C’mon now, doesn’t have the hands?
Not what I wrote. The player has his head down on vids I watch often. He's a good stick handler sure, but when you have your eyes riveted on the puck to control it, it's a sign the hands aren't that great.

Compared to Demidov for instance, he's got his head up high all the time.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I think people underrated the offensive potential of Tij Iginla, to me he looks like a 30-35, even 40 goalscorer at NHL level. This guy is a very very good sniper. Everything else of his game is very solid aswell.

This guy is a top 5 talent and that will be very dumb by Habs to pass on him if Lindstrom, Leshunov or Demidov are not there at 5.
The biggest mistake we could make is picking Lindstrom with Iginla being available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad