WC: 2024 Team USA

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Spencer Knight will get an invitation if the Checkers are eliminated from the Calder Cup playoffs
That’s a no for me. He’s been average in the AHL. His career is going in the wrong direction. We don’t know if he’ll even make it back to the NHL.

We have too many NHL quality goaltenders to be taking chances on prospects playing in the AHL. I’d rather go with Wolf if we are taking a third who hasn’t yet established himself in the NHL. Wolf has done well in the AHL and belongs in the NHL even if he still needs to carry over his AHL play to the NHL. Knight needs to focus on playing well in the AHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: SK94

krutais23

May 1, 2023
John Gibson needs a complete reset. He needs to get out of Anaheim and hopefully he can find himself again. Daccord, Nedeljkovic, Lindgren and Lyon all should be there if they don't make playoffs. No excuses. Primeau and Wolf are the backup options if for some reason they can't bring three from those four to the WC.
Nedeljkovic is UFA

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Werenski is a great start, but remember we had quality names before say they "plan" to attend only to either drop out or quietly never hear a comment again on like a fart in church. For Werenski though he has come multiple times before and is clearly in that top 7-8 range so this matters for him and the following tourney.

Agreed in hoping Seth Jones comes too. He has played well and is on a dog shit team. We take these guys here 10 out of 10 times.

Pinto would be a nice 4th liner no complaints there. Johnny Hockey might just be burnt out and at this point probably not really a bubble player for 4 nations either...wouldn't be shocked if he said no thanks despite the amount of times he has shown up...

Aug 25, 2009
éal
That’s a no for me. He’s been average in the AHL. His career is going in the wrong direction. We don’t know if he’ll even make it back to the NHL.

We have too many NHL quality goaltenders to be taking chances on prospects playing in the AHL. I’d rather go with Wolf if we are taking a third who hasn’t yet established himself in the NHL. Wolf has done well in the AHL and belongs in the NHL even if he still needs to carry over his AHL play to the NHL. Knight needs to focus on playing well in the AHL.
Appreciate your insight always but you need to catch up on Spencer Knight, he's been on fire lately leading his team into the playoffs. He allowed a goal with 4 seconds left today otherwise it would have been he's 3rd shutout in his last 4 games.

He won 9 of his last 12 games. In his last 9 games

Amongst goalie with at least 40 games played he's third for GAA (2,49) and seventh for SV% (90,7).

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It doesn't matter who your third goalie is, and given all the garbage countries in the top division, it's 95 % it doesn't matter who your second goalie is either.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Appreciate your insight always but you need to catch up on Spencer Knight, he's been on fire lately leading his team into the playoffs. He allowed a goal with 4 seconds left today otherwise it would have been he's 3rd shutout in his last 4 games.

He won 9 of his last 12 games. In his last 9 games

Amongst goalie with at least 40 games played he's third for GAA (2,49) and seventh for SV% (90,7).
And I have no issue with your insight either. I think though that a guy whose in the AHL probably isn't what this team should be looking for, especially one that's not outright dominating. I want a full team of NHL'ers.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Some tight playoff races in both conferences so it will be another week or so before more names start trickling out IMO. Some names to keep an eye from teams already eliminated:

* Blues: Saad, Krug, and Faulk
* Wild: Boldy and Faber
* Kraken: Beniers, Dumoulin, and Daccord
* Flames: Coleman
* Coyotes: Keller, Cooley, and Schmaltz
* Ducks: Vatrano, Terry, Zegras, Fowler, and Gibson
* Hawks: S. Jones
* Sharks: Bordeleau
* Sens: Tkachuk, Sanderson, and Pinto
* Habs: Caufield and Primeau
* Jackets: Werenski and Gaudreau

I think you could make a pretty good team with just these guys.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Some tight playoff races in both conferences so it will be another week or so before more names start trickling out IMO. Some names to keep an eye from teams already eliminated:

* Blues: Saad, Krug, and Faulk
* Wild: Boldy and Faber
* Kraken: Beniers, Dumoulin, and Daccord
* Flames: Coleman
* Coyotes: Keller, Cooley, and Schmaltz
* Ducks: Vatrano, Terry, Zegras, Fowler, and Gibson
* Hawks: S. Jones
* Sharks: Bordeleau
* Sens: Tkachuk, Sanderson, and Pinto
* Habs: Caufield and Primeau
* Jackets: Werenski and Gaudreau

I think you could make a pretty good team with just these guys.
Devils are all but eliminated as well. Jack Hughes has been playing through injury for much of the year, so I would be surprised if he opted to play. But Luke Hughes and John Marino could both be nice potential adds.

Hughes - Faber
Sanderson - Marino
Werenski - Jones
Fowler - Faulk

I wouldn't hate to see a guy like Vlasic picked either.

Last edited:

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Hanifin is going to be in the playoffs with Vegas.

Terry and Caufield are exactly the kind of players who need to come or their names can be removed from the list at least for the 4 Nations.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016

Add Sabres to the list. Thompson, Tuch and Clifton. I could maybe even give a chance for Don Granato if there is not going to be better options.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Devils are all but eliminated as well. Jack Hughes has been playing through injury for much of the year, so I would be surprised if he opted to play. But Luke Hughes and John Marino could both be nice potential adds.

Hughes - Faber
Sanderson - Marino
Werenski - Jones
Fowler - Faulk

I wouldn't hate to see a guy like Vlasic picked either.

The "injury" story is getting old with both Hughes brothers. That was Luke's story with Team USA and Michigan and now apparently Jack is "less than 100%".

Way too convenient of an excuse. Particularly when they receive tons of ice time. Not buying it.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
If the first 5 rumours is true, thats a very good start for USA.

Caufield, Werenski, Sanderson, Tkachuk, Pinto.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The "injury" story is getting old with both Hughes brothers. That was Luke's story with Team USA and Michigan and now apparently Jack is "less than 100%".

Way too convenient of an excuse. Particularly when they receive tons of ice time. Not buying it.
Kind of funny that you put "injury" in quotes, I guess Jack missed those games because he just didn't feel like playing.

Guys get hurt and play through injuries literally all the time when their team is in the playoff hunt.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad