GDT: 2024 UFL Thread

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1711819309895.png
1711819334952.png

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Not surprisingly, things are a little sloppy early on, but Arlington's got a 3-0 lead.
Mid 2nd quarter now.. I'm likin' the season opener.
But feels like they're doing too much, with their on-field coverage. Drones flying around, Brock Huard wandering in to the sideline huddles, broadcasting some of the play calls, even diagramming some plays before the snap. Just let the play speak more for itself (my opinion)..

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Michigan kicker nails a 64 yarder with 3 seconds left. He actually made it twice but the first didn't count due to a timeout.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The league looks fun. I like the center being an eligible receiver and getting a big man TD after a pass from the punter. I hope it catches on and forces the NFL to innovate.

Reactions: MMC

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
I didn't feel like watching the late Final Four game, so I'm watching UFL..

St Louis has a good home crowd tonight, over 40,000 fans. Which is being reported as the largest crowd in spring league history. Good, early news for spring football..

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I didn't feel like watching the late Final Four game, so I'm watching UFL..

St Louis has a good home crowd tonight, over 40,000 fans. Which is being reported as the largest crowd in spring league history. Good, early news for spring football..
Despite what Stan Kroenke says, the fans were never the problem here

Reactions: John Price

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Despite what Stan Kroenke says, the fans were never the problem here
I believe it.. I see how St Louis is embracing the Battlehawks. For a young franchise, they seem to have an intense fan base. It's good news for the (often fragile) prospect of spring/non-NFL football.
It's still strange to me how demoralized St Louis football fans became back in late 8os. I remember the Cards last game at a half-empty Busch.. seemed like fans barely cared they were leaving for Arizona. But that was probably largely a testament to what a terrible, and difficult owner B Bidwill was..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I believe it.. I see how St Louis is embracing the Battlehawks. For a young franchise, they seem to have an intense fan base. It's good news for the (often fragile) prospect of spring/non-NFL football.
It's still strange to me how demoralized St Louis football fans became back in late 8os. I remember the Cards last game at a half-empty Busch.. seemed like fans barely cared they were leaving for Arizona. But that was probably largely a testament to what a terrible, and difficult owner B Bidwill was..
Not that it matters as much in the NFL, especially today, but the St. Louis has been in tough positions with regard to their geography. Which probably ultimately doesn’t change a lot about what happens, but they never had a chance to get in any rivalries with anybody close to them. The Cardinals were NFC East, and the Rams were NFC West, even before the current alignment which probably has them on the outs no matter what.

Obviously they had a bad stadium as well, they built a dome that never hosted a Super Bowl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad