Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Mon, May 13 | @ Bal | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Berrios vs Burnes

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
You know what's crazy? They've been on this brutal stretch the last week with the five straight losses, but if Vladdy just makes that catch against KC I would have no problem with the results. Split against KC? Meh, not ideal, but fine in a four game series. Lose 2-1 to LAD? Meh, they're a fantastic team and you're gonna lose some.

They obviously need to start hitting, though.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
You know what's crazy? They've been on this brutal stretch the last week with the five straight losses, but if Vladdy just makes that catch against KC I would have no problem with the results. Split against KC? Meh, not ideal, but fine in a four game series. Lose 2-1 to LAD? Meh, they're a fantastic team and you're gonna lose some.

They obviously need to start hitting, though.
The majority of the problem is Vladdy, Bo and Springer. The rest of the team is where they should be for the most part.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Bo has a wRC of 65! He has a negative WAR too.

IKF should be sitting more. His bat has been on the decline. Play Clement or Barger at 3rd. Also, Davis needs to be in the lineup regularly.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
HAHHA "Fire Atkins" sign pointed at the camera facing the infield.
If you needed more confirmation that he’s basically the Kevin Cheveldayoff of MLB, just look at the Jets playoffs this year again…

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

IKF should be sitting more. His bat has been on the decline. Play Clement or Barger at 3rd. Also, Davis needs to be in the lineup regularly.
agree on all of this. Orelvis is also screaming for a call up.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The majority of the problem is Vladdy, Bo and Springer. The rest of the team is where they should be for the most part.
Yeah, all the guys who are battling for playing time have been solid, while the guys who are entrenched in the lineup have been bad. I get it when guys are supposed to be the face of the franchise, but I think Vlad and Bo need a day off here and there until they get it together. Reward the other guys with an extra start now and then.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yeah, all the guys who are battling for playing time have been solid, while the guys who are entrenched in the lineup have been bad. I get it when guys are supposed to be the face of the franchise, but I think Vlad and Bo need a day off here and there until they get it together. Reward the other guys with an extra start now and then.
I would have Bo sitting tomorrow and Ernie at SS. Barger at 3B and Davis at LF with Biggio at 2nd.

Reactions: Discoverer

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I would have Bo sitting tomorrow and Ernie at SS. Barger at 3B and Davis at LF with Biggio at 2nd.
That would be great. At the very least I want to see them shuffle the top of the lineup. I get wanting to stick with Bo and Vlad and let them figure it out, but they can do that from the 5-6 spots in the lineup for now.

Reactions: canucksfan

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Davis also had a sub .300 obp and just over .200 ba. He hasn’t exactly been a world beater. He just tends to hit more xbh

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The Jays are solid from 4 to 9 in the batting order. Our biggest mistake was not paying up for Soto. Having that big bat at the top of the order would have added a presence we don’t have and having a player like Soto on the team probably would have raised the standards of Vlad as well. Given that we have a good enough 4-9 imo, and the pitching and defence is going to be good, I still think the Jays are 1-2 good hitters away from being a good team rather then needing a full rebuild. They just just need 1 Trout/Soto/Yelich type bat imo and 1 of the top 3 in the order to step up. Also Vlad, Bo and Springer won't be this bad for the whole year.

1. Springer - .??
  2. Gurrerro - ??
  3. ???? - ??
  4. Turner .861
  5. Bichette - ??
  6. Jansen .892
  7. Varsho .820
  8. Schneider .789
  9. Clement .734

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Davis also had a sub .300 obp and just over .200 ba. He hasn’t exactly been a world beater. He just tends to hit more xbh

The key for him was to cut down his K% from 30% to 20-25% and improve his contact numbers, which he has done so far. BA will never be amazing because he hits a ton of fly balls, but he draws walks and has power. He is fine

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The underlying numbers show he’s underperforming. He brings power which the Jays are lacking in.
Yes but to talk about taking Bo out of the lineup because of his numbers you can't then champion Schneider as his numbers aren't exactly through the roof. I like him and want him getting regular at bats but the statement is correct. I hated the KK signing because I knew Scheider would be sitting so he could play and we had zero need for a d first CF as we already have the best one in the league who also isn't being played where he should be

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yes but to talk about taking Bo out of the lineup because of his numbers you can't then champion Schneider as his numbers aren't exactly through the roof. I like him and want him getting regular at bats but the statement is correct. I hated the KK signing because I knew Scheider would be sitting so he could play and we had zero need for a d first CF as we already have the best one in the league who also isn't being played where he should be
The reason to take Bo out of the lineup is to give him one day of rest. He's been struggling so giving him a day off might be beneficial.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Good god what a catch, just watched. Was listening on radio but finally saw the video.

That’s a ridiculous catch on a looper for a middle infielder. To do that on a line drive to the outfield gap.. Jesus.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
20 straight games with 5 runs or less

Glad management did nothing about the offense. Smart

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The key for him was to cut down his K% from 30% to 20-25% and improve his contact numbers, which he has done so far. BA will never be amazing because he hits a ton of fly balls, but he draws walks and has power. He is fine
The reason to take Bo out of the lineup is to give him one day of rest. He's been struggling so giving him a day off might be beneficial.
One day make sense but I think for him they need to put him back in the 2 spot and leave him there. Moving him out of there was a huge mistake

Reactions: Nineteen67

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Stats are updated to reflect yesterday’s game. Schneider’s been our best bat against RHP.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad